Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 12:24:56 PM EDT
Got a "Cancelation Notice" on my renters insurance.  Had Allstate for 14 years for Renters and Car insurance (old habits die hard).  Had two claims on the Renters--both for cars broken into while here in Chicago (last 4 years), so they are dropping the Renters.  Not sure about the Car insurance, but I may be able to find cheaper elsewhere.

As to Car insurance:
In the last (roughly) 5 years:  
One tix for speeding (wife)
One for following too closely (accident) me--dropped in court (body damage to my car).  
One non-cited fender bender (minimal body damage to my wife's and the other car)--wife's fault.  
Smashed car windows x 2 (see above).  
One body damage to my car (drunk chick backed up into me and took off, but the insurance found her).

Any ideas on cheap (but not likely to drop us if we get into an accident or get a ticket) insurance that also has renters?

I do like to pay bi-monthly (gets expensive paying 6 months at a time).

Thanks!!

AFARR

I should add--I just pulled out my insurance bill and we are paying nearly $2800 for a year's insurance (damn!! I didn't know it was that much).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, with a rerecord like yours you aren't going to find insurance for much less than $2800 a year. Sorry if that offends you. I have all so been with all state for some time now. I insure three cars two with full coverage and one with plpd. I have a perfect record, no claims and I pay $2400 a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top