Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 9:17:03 AM EDT
Yes I know, everyone is sick of these kind of questions, this is a gun board for Gods sake!
But humor me here.

I met an extremly attractive smart and talented girl a little while ago. (yes she really is) Anyway... I got her # and we agreed that "I should call her sometime, and that we should do somthing."

So of course Im thinking of the normal stuff, dinner or a movie etc... But that is just too bla... I could take her shooting but I dont want to scare her off. (I dont know how she feels about guns.)

This girl is a friend of a female friend of mine, and apparently she just got out of a relationship, and isnt looking for a boyfiend. BUT there were definate sparks between us.  SO I have to play my cards right here.  I dont want to get stuck in the "friend" rut.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Your and her ages would help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
"This girl is a friend of a female friend of mine"

Ask your friend what she is into... go from there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Bed?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
PICS would be helpful too...

(of HER - of COURSE) [;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It sounds to me like you should stick with the safe and reliable dinner and a movie.

Dont forget to make sure she agrees to the choice of the restaurant and which movie to see.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

She is 20 and I am 22

Originally Posted By FullRange

View Quote

The female friend of mine is somewhere in Europe for the next few months, there is no getting ahold of her.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Around here I would say hit a nice restaurant & if the sparks continue I'd hit a nearby bar and chat.
What I hate about the movie date is that you don't really talk, you sit and watch the screen.  WTF is the point in that?  Personally I want to get to know a person, find out about them.  About the only thing I could see good about a movie is that it would give you something to talk about.  Maybe hit the movie BEFORE dinner to provide a starting topic for while you're at dinner.
I am also a big fan of taking her for a ride on the Harley, but if you dont' have one of those that might prove difficult (and no you can't borrow mine).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#8]
At 20, the 'just got out of a relationship' doesn't fly.  That is likely a bad sign for you.

Don't overdo it.  Just go to a movie, and to a low end place like Applebees.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
There's a nice girl in my class and I'm gonna ask her to Phantom of the Opera.

Something different than the usual movie or restaurant.  Of course if she goes we'll dine at a fine restaurant beforehand.

Yer right.  I wouldn't ask her shooting if I wasn't sure either.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Take her to a glory hole.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you do, be yourself. don't try to impress her with fancy stuff if that's not what you are into...ie: art museum, fancy resturants (expensive) first impressions are key to any lasting relationship, be it friends or girlfriends. have an afternoon picknic in the park, watch fireworks later...be fun, find out from coworkers  if she's into horses or some other hobbie and plan something that includes that. a date doesn't always have to be at night, and It doesn't always have to be in the very near future or last a short few hours.
I'm not sure what there is to do in  OK other than dodge tornados and hide from the humidity and heat....hope this helped [:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#12]
First date scores happen with comedy clubs.

Get her laughing and those panties will slide right off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Around here I would say hit a nice restaurant & if the sparks continue I'd hit a nearby bar and chat.
What I hate about the movie date is that you don't really talk, you sit and watch the screen.  WTF is the point in that?  Personally I want to get to know a person, find out about them.  About the only thing I could see good about a movie is that it would give you something to talk about.  Maybe hit the movie BEFORE dinner to provide a starting topic for while you're at dinner.
I am also a big fan of taking her for a ride on the Harley, but if you dont' have one of those that might prove difficult (and no you can't borrow mine).
View Quote

Ditto on both counts. Movies and Loud Bars are a no-no because you can't talk. Unless of course she wants to go dancing. I'm with Norman74 on the Harley ride. I've never met a girl in my life who wasn't thrilled to jump on the back of my Harley. Then it's back to my place for a couple drinks and..... Bingo!
--RR
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Based on what I have learned from watching Desmond Morris "The Human Animal", "The Science of Sex" and "What Womenz Want" on that discover show, you should take her to an amusment park that has lots of scary roller coaster type rides. According to the show your chances of getting some go up dramatically when the womenz experience scary/death defying type incidents with you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#16]
"never to the movies,just straight to your house"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Based on what I have learned from watching Desmond Morris "The Human Animal", "The Science of Sex" and "What Womenz Want" on that discover show, you should take her to an amusment park that has lots of scary roller coaster type rides. According to the show your chances of getting some go up dramatically when the womenz experience scary/death defying type incidents with you.
View Quote

Or, you could cook dinner for her. That'd be the same thing, right?

[;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd find out what kind of food she likes and make her a nice meal.  Or, if there's a nice restaurant in the area that has that food, take her there, but chicks dig the "thoughtful" shit.  

Afterwards, I'd say taking her to a LOUNGE (not bar) would be a cool idea.  Just as long as it isn't too noisy.  Another good idea is a kareoke bar.  TONS of people to make fun of would guarantee hours of conversation as well as something to talk about later.  If both of you are laughing, then you're having a good time.  If you can SING, then get up there and woo her!

Another favorite is a stroll through the park or walking through the neighborhood if you're in a nice area.  Its pretty cool to chat and to show her off. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, when I said bar I meant something quiet.  For me I've got a very nice (but not too expnesive, it just looks that way) restaurant and a great little neighborhood bar just around the corner from my house, which works out great.

I too am a big fan of cooking for a girl, but I usually use it as a teaser at the first date.  Say something during dinner like "They used pepper in this, I prefer to use salt when I make it" or some shit like that.

Also, daytime dates have worked well for me too.  Something different, and if she turns out to be someone you don't want to be around you can always call your buddies and go out trolling afterwards.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Or, you could cook dinner for her. That'd be the same thing, right?

[;)]
View Quote

[LOLabove]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Take her to a baseball park and show her the bases.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the good ideas

Im not looking to "score" on the first date with this one, she is an actually a nice girl for once, the kind you would want to have a relationship with.

Now I did hang out with her for a few hours the other night, but it was with a bunch of people, we all went to dinner. (This is how I met her, it was before my friend left for Europe.) So I talked with her quite a bit. That is when I got her #, but Ive still got to wait a few more days before I call. But I do know she is very smart, very driven, very beautiful, and funny.  She is a catch, but it is going to be very difficult to real in.

I dont know exactly how to treat her on the date though. Im used to trying to pick up hot slutty girls at the bar. The way you go about doing this is completly diffrent then when you are going after a nice girl. Or is it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#23]
shooting range! show her the love of your life she'll have to sure u with, the ar-15, if she doesnt run away, you got a keeper!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Ahhhh, the dating years. Boy, were they exciting...

...and did they suck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

She is 20 and I am 22

Originally Posted By FullRange

View Quote

The female friend of mine is somewhere in Europe for the next few months, there is no getting ahold of her.
View Quote

It is really tough when you have to figure this out by yourself. You need to talk, even if this is over dinner - stay away from the X's stuff your's and her's. Find out what you have in common. LET her talk, ask her questions about herself, family etc., keep your strong side weak and weak side strong? HUH? Stay away from talk on sex, politics and religion. Smile even when you think the date is going shitty, aways be a gentleman AND MOST of all - don't be pushy. If she offers her hand or anything else take it, but don't be aggressive - you can ask but DON'T assume. When women think you are a little interested, instead of too interested in my experience women respond better. Worked for me and I got a great wife/partner from it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Got access to a boat and a lake?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please? can I... Can I?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Please? can I... Can I?
View Quote

Actually for most women, especially in their 20s, any bike will do as long as it's not a 1975 250 enduro.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#29]
The motorcycle trick works cause the ride is like a trip on a great big vibrator.  She gets all worked up from that and needs some lovin.  No shit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Comedy club or a play.

When I was 16 - 23 my mom bought me season tickets to a very nice playhouse each year for my birthday. At first I was "Okay Mom, whatever". Then I learned. I NEVER had trouble finding a date. Hell I can remember two girls way out of my league begging to go. It also shows a little class on your part and is something different. I usually took them to a quiet "family" type of restaurant. A place that is comfortable and a little intimate without being threatening. The entire evening puts you in a good light, builds trust and sets the stage for the next date. The second date should be something fun so you are not seen as stuffy. You will have time to talk and learn about what she likes to do during the first date so that the second one moves things along.

If your just looking to get laid then go with the comedy club. Comedy and alcohol work good to.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have any nice museums around I'd take her there. You would have plenty of thing to talk about and plenty of time. And if the sparks are still flyin to dinner it is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Simple.

Follow your instincts.

Used to work for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Go-carts, putt-putt.

Or fly her in a private jet to Milan for an authentic Italian dinner.

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Whatever you do don't be a wuss.  Act a little aloof and cocky.  Don't compliment her verbally, do it by touching her occasionally, the hair- her shoulder.  Act like she should be lucky to be going out with you.  If she is as good looking as you say she is used to guys falling all over her.  Be something different.
View Quote

THAT is VERY good advice.....
--RR
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't compliment her verbally, do it by touching her occasionally, the hair- her shoulder.
View Quote

So, if he likes her, um, OTHER [naughty] body parts, does that mean he shoud touch them?  [sex]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I take 'em to the zoo. I hear retards like the zoo!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
If you go to dinner(and are cheap) eat before you go. that way when you order something small, like a salad, she will too. no woman in the world will eat a large meal while you have a salad, especially on a first date.

-Tom leykis, Leykis 101

also, treat a whore like a queen, treat a queen like a whore.

like was already said, be different than the rest of her dates. it will drive her wild. in a good way
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Guys he's from Oklahoma, some of the cultural amenities are a little few and far between.  

Take her to to the Whichita Preserve and sunset over the buffalo or elk herd and then to the Mears BBQ.  From the sublime to the ridiculous.  She'll want to go out at least one more time to see what you'll do next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top