Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 8:49:57 AM EDT
[img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/freezer.jpg[/img]

The door won't close any more than that.
I know that pizza is in there somewhere!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely not!

Based solely on the picture depicting your refrigerator and the small surrouding pigsty, I'd say it's torch time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Got Napalm?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Definitely not!

Based solely on the picture depicting your refrigerator and the small surrouding pigsty, I'd say it's torch time.
View Quote

Let me clarify, this is not the refrigerator in my kitchen.  This was left to me in one of my apartments.

As for torch time, you are closer than you realize. This is the living room.
[img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/packrat.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, you really [b]ARE[/b] a slum lord!  [shock]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Holey crap!  Some people are just PIGS!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotta match?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The units don't look like that when they first move in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I suddenly feel like a neat-nic.  Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad to help out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]
ok, how much is the rent?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the landlord have a right to periodically inspect his property to ensure that it is not being damaged or devalued by actions of the tenants?

I doubt forfeiture of a security deposit would be adequate compensation for some stuff you've seen.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#14]
how, how, how....I mean [i]how[/i] does someone let a place get like that?  I think you have to [i]try[/i] to trash an apartment like that.  My sympathies, Slumlord.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#15]
It appears to have been a well read woman "living" there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Ew was it really necessary to post that second picture? [puke]

TT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#17]
WOW, and I thought I was messy. Holy shit, I can atleast see my floor from time to time. Too back you can't legally hire someone to hunt them down and shoot them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me guess, they're not going to get their damage deposit back, right?

With renters like that, you should be concerned that they might not have used the toilet too much.  Tread carefully.

You might want to schedule some repairs or simple maintenance in each apartment every few months.  Gives you a reason to enter the domicile.  Put those foaming cleaners in the sink or clean the dust off of the fridge coils.  Anything to give you a reason to check often enough.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

With renters like that, you should be concerned that they might not have used the toilet too much.  Tread carefully.

You might want to schedule some repairs or simple maintenance in each apartment every few months.  Gives you a reason to enter the domicile.  Put those foaming cleaners in the sink or clean the dust off of the fridge coils.  Anything to give you a reason to check often enough.
View Quote

Excellent idea.  Vacuum the heater ducts in the fall.  Clean the refrigerator coils in the spring.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#21]
That looks like some of my rental houses after I got them back. Thats why I buy houses, fix and resell now. I get more and more dissatisfied and saddened with the quality of most people anymore[V]

Hey Slumlord, show us a pic of the bathroom. Thats always an eye opener too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I guess I am wondering is if that was left after moving out, what did the renter take with???

This almost tops the video of the car being towed away with the lady inside locking the brakes. [:D]
View Quote

LINK! I need a link damnit, that sounds funny as hell!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I am wondering is if that was left after moving out, what did the renter take with???

This almost tops the video of the car being towed away with the lady inside locking the brakes. [:D]
View Quote

LINK! I need a link damnit, that sounds funny as hell!
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188676&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

no kidding, and people call me a slob...go figure.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ok, how much is the rent?
View Quote

$460.00 per month
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does the landlord have a right to periodically inspect his property to ensure that it is not being damaged or devalued by actions of the tenants?
View Quote

If I feel there is a "leak" I need to check out.....
I doubt forfeiture of a security deposit would be adequate compensation for some stuff you've seen.
View Quote

I only charge a $99.00 deposit.  Rarely do I give one back.  Also, I have seen conditions that people live in that would make you want to shower in bleach.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a chance in Hell

View Quote

For now, for the sake of TT, I'll not post a picture of the condition of the bathroom.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a chance in Hell

View Quote

[red]For now, for the sake of TT, I'll not post a picture of the condition of the bathroom.
View Quote
[/red]

Post the pic. It can't be any worse than the the bathrooms I've had to clean up when I got my rental houses back[puke]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry TT you might want to look away, this is what the bathroom looked like. Or at least part of it.

[img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/dirtytoilet.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sorry TT you might want to look away, this is what the bathroom looked like. Or at least part of it.

[url]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/dirtytoilet.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Yep. That brings back memories. I never had one with a broken toilet seat though. Makes ya wonder how someone can live like that, and have such a bad aim[:\]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep. That brings back memories. I never had one with a broken toilet seat though. Makes ya wonder how someone can live like that, and have such a bad aim[:\]
View Quote

I had one woman who when she moved out, left about 30 40oz beer bottles full of urine in the corner of the room.  Apparently the bathroom 10 feet away was too far to go.  The master bedroom also had thousands of cigarette butts stacking about 2 feet high covering about half the room.  It was like wading through snow drifts it was so deep.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, did not mean to click on this thread, this is about as low as it gets.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I had one that I gave an eviction notice to for failure to pay rent,that lived in a side by side duplex. They moved out but left a 25 pound box of meat on the kitchen counter and they turned the heat up to 85. I walked in that place and it smelled like somebody died[puke]
The kids also threw a knife over and over into my nice oak woodwork and fucked it up.

I had another house where a couple tenants that were in thier early 60's rented one of my houses. When I got that house back it was so smoked up from cigarettes that my new white paint job was dark yellow in the span of 12 months. They also had an old dog that chewed itself so much that the new carpet I put in before they started renting from me still smells like wet dog. Also the tenants spit up hockers all over the downstairs walls. Who would have thought a couple in thier 60's would spit all over my walls?
Many lower income people really are dirty animals[V]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had one that I gave an eviction notice to for failure to pay rent,that lived in a side by side duplex. They moved out but left a 25 pound box of meat on the kitchen counter and they turned the heat up to 85. I walked in that place and it smelled like somebody died[puke]
The kids also threw a knife over and over into my nice oak woodwork and fucked it up.

I had another house where a couple tenants that were in thier early 60's rented one of my houses. When I got that house back it was so smoked up from cigarettes that my new white paint job was dark yellow in the span of 12 months. They also had an old dog that chewed itself so much that the new carpet I put in before they started renting from me still smells like wet dog. Also the tenants spit up hockers all over the downstairs walls. Who would have thought a couple in thier 60's would spit all over my walls?
Many lower income people really are dirty animals[V]
View Quote

There is not enough money in the world to make me associate with trash such as those people, even if it is only to collect the rent.

Poor does not have to mean dirty. People make a choice to live in squalor and filth. It sickens me.

TT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#35]
[liberal mode]

..it's the freezers fault.

..it's the floor's fault.

..it's the toilets fault.

[/liberal mode]

and so on...

that is some nastyass sh!t.. [:x*]

how can PEOPLE (and I use the term loosely) live like that????? wth?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I say take off and Nuke the site from space. It's the only way to be sure.

ED
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]
$460.00 per month
View Quote

Wow, that's relatively expensive, and you still get people like that?  I'm currently helping-out at a place that's $50 per month cheaper than that for a large one bedroom in a nice location that's about 10 years-old, and they have mostly pretty good tenants.  Many of them are slow with their rent, but their apartments don't look like that!  It's when you get into the $200/month houses that I've seen the really scary stuff.  I used to manage about 150 of those, and I did want to shower in bleach each night!z
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]
that's jsut nasty
for a while in Buffalo there was at least one case a week of people being found living with feces all over their floors. human feces
in apartments with fully functional plumbing
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
$460.00 per month
View Quote

Wow, that's relatively expensive, and you still get people like that?  I'm currently helping-out at a place that's $50 per month cheaper than that for a large one bedroom in a nice location that's about 10 years-old, and they have mostly pretty good tenants.  Many of them are slow with their rent, but their apartments don't look like that!  It's when you get into the $200/month houses that I've seen the really scary stuff.  I used to manage about 150 of those, and I did want to shower in bleach each night!z
View Quote

I forgot to mention that its $460.00 for a 1 bedroom with [red]ALL BILLS PAID[/red]. Including free cable TV w/movie channels.    
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Slumlord, Your too nice.
A: get rid of all bills paid. Thats just dumb IMHO. In due time, you might even want to raise rent.
B: Raise the deposit. Make it enough to recondition an apt. that looks like that. If the owner doesnt leave your apt in good condition (Clean, all in one piece, flushed toilet), you keep it in the name of hiring someone to clean up.

Oh, and BTW, when we rent to people we make damn sure that we rent to respectable individuals. Nothing wrong with being a little picky, but, this is NYC, and all rent only keeps going up, so its not hard to find people to choose between.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Slumlord, Your too nice.
A: get rid of all bills paid. Thats just dumb IMHO. In due time, you might even want to raise rent.
B: Raise the deposit. Make it enough to recondition an apt. that looks like that. If the owner doesnt leave your apt in good condition (Clean, all in one piece, flushed toilet), you keep it in the name of hiring someone to clean up.

Oh, and BTW, when we rent to people we make damn sure that we rent to respectable individuals. Nothing wrong with being a little picky, but, this is NYC, and all rent only keeps going up, so its not hard to find people to choose between.
View Quote

Rents do go up.  However unfortunately when your on Martin Luther King Blvd you can't be as picky as you would like.  Rents all over Houston are still pretty low right now compared to other parts of the country.  Especially NYC!!!

If I charged a higher deposit, I would get even fewer applicants.  In order to get enough to recondition the apartment I would need 10 times that in a deposit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top