Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 10:03:35 AM EDT
Okay, this issue came up a while ago, but now I'm really pissed, so I thought I'd bitch again.

I'm a bit of a sci-fi geek, but I had never watched this show until about a month ago.  The main reason I've never seen the show is because I think the SciFi channel has become the biggest waste of space on my cable box, and it is surely the poorest excuse ever attempted at a Science Fiction channel.  I mean WTF does John Edward, ghosts, vampires, Braveheart, shark/octopus/goldfish/croc/ant/spider/spiderpeople/spiderdogs/walrus/goat/goatsucker attack movies, shitty teen horror movies and shitty homemade B-'scifi' movies have to do with the Sci-Fi genre anyway???

Maybe my memory is poor, but I thought that they used to have some good programs and movies several years ago.  It seems like most of the good programming has either been cut, or rescheduled to 0'dark-30 in the morning.

Eventually I completely stopped watching the channel, unless I stumbled across something interesting while channel surfing.

Well, I stumbled on Farscape when they started airing the reruns every week night.  I liked it.  I wouldn't say I loved it, but it was surprisingly good for a sci-fi TV series.  The more I watched it, the more it grew on me, and the more I realized it's a damn good show.  So I started staying up an extra hour every night to watch it.  

Then I stumbled upon a thread here, saying that the series had been cancelled a while back, and they already had their 'last episode,' which it turns out was not intended to be the last episode, right?  Supposedly all this happened, even though the large fan base of the series was screaming bloody murder the whole time.  Am I still on the right track?  Also SciFi won't release the rights, so no other network can pick up the series, right?

Well, what can I do, at least I'll watch the existing episodes, right?  NO, those fuck-wads got me watching the reruns, and then they cut them from the schedule with no warning right towards the end of season 3!  I spent the last two nights in total confusion, until I went to the website and found out what they had done.  Now it is on late Sunday nights, once a week.

I'm not so much pissed that they dropped a popular series for whatever f'ed up reason, shit happens, right?  I'm more pissed that they have the nerve to call themselves the "SciFi Channel", yet they suck so bad, and have so little good sci-fi programming.  I'm also so pissed that they actually showed a glimmer of promise with this Farscape program, yet they continue to screw with me by altering the schedule, even after they cut it.  The ol' bait and switch move.

Anyway, I've never been the type to write letters for trivial things such as TV programming, but I would like to express my outrage at the suckiness of the so called "SciFi Channel".

As the only SciFi fan in the world that actually liked "TAKEN" (ironically I hear that series had something to do with the demise of the Farscape budget), the SciFi Channel should be kissing my butt.

Anyway, I guess I'll just boycott the stupid channel, since I imagine if they ever again come up with any promising programming, they will probably just yank it when it gains any acclaim or a bit of popularity...

Sorry for the long rant! [%|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top