Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 8:07:20 AM EDT
I just got some 30 rd. 10/22 mags which my client lost in a seizure case. When I went to pick them up, along with some guns, the deputy and DA told me I couldn't have the mags, because it was illegal for a private citizen/ non law enforcement person to own them.

After patiently explaining the law, and then not so patiently re-explaining the law, they released them to me. However, the deputy said he'd call BATF, and if I was wrong, he'd arrest me.

My question-- Will ya'll help bail me out? [:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If they are not marked "Military/Law-Enforcement Use Only", or words to that effect, (and I guarantee they aren't) the policeman will have to tell you what sauce he wants you to serve up his crow with....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got some 30 rd. 10/22 mags which my client lost in a seizure case. When I went to pick them up, along with some guns, the deputy and DA told me I couldn't have the mags, because it was illegal for a private citizen/ non law enforcement person to own them.

After patiently explaining the law, and then not so patiently re-explaining the law, they released them to me. However, the deputy said he'd call BATF, and if I was wrong, he'd arrest me.

My question-- Will ya'll help bail me out? [:)]
View Quote

Sure I'll help, since the chances of them commin ta get ya are nill, the mag would have been marked as restricted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Armed with knowledge like that I bet that DA doesn't win many cases. Idiots!

Can I insult you with a real lowball offer on the mags?[;D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
 Sounds like somebody else wanted the mags for his kid's (or his?) 10/22.  I wouldn't sweat the BS, nor would I be waiting by the window for the police to come in.  It looks like the DDA was just bitter that you blew his BS out of the water.

Edited to voice my disgust that the DDA doesn't know a damn thing about the bad law that he is spouting.  Hopefully that assclown never becomes a judge. Guys like him know just enough about guns to be dangerous.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Armed with knowledge like that I bet that DA doesn't win many cases. Idiots!

Can I insult you with a real lowball offer on the mags?[;D]
View Quote

Actually, the DA was real cooperative, it was the deputy that was the problem, and claimed the DA told him it was illegal. The DA admitted he didn't know and said whatever was legal was all right with him. Actually, the deputy first raised the issue to the DA.(wrong information).

Yea, on the offer, I won't get insulted. I may not take it, but I won't get insulted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#6]
God knows what a civilian would need 30rds of .22lr for!!!

That kind of firepower truly only belongs in the hands of responsible military and law enforcement officials.

Was your client planning to take over the state or something???
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]
SEND THEM TO ME!!

They are Legal in Canada!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
there legal here too.

and you can buy them in CA putz.

Keep them in texas, how much for 1?

TEXAS!!!TXL
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya, how much do you want for 'em?

rdr
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#11]
one please!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Better get what you can for them before the AWB expires.  I expect that Butler Creek will start cranking out the hot lips® and steel lips® 25 rounders within a few days of the AWB expiring.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
However, the deputy said he'd call BATF, and if I was wrong, he'd arrest me.
View Quote

"That a good idea, ossifer.  Let's call the ATFE from this here speaker phone."
You should have rubbed his face in it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
all they'll have to do is change the mold to remove the leo/export lable, as they still sell new ones in Canada.
9/2004 might be a sweet time

Quoted:
Better get what you can for them before the AWB expires.  I expect that Butler Creek will start cranking out the hot lips® and steel lips® 25 rounders within a few days of the AWB expiring.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope so then I can send all those "lifetime guaranteed" Ram Lines back for repair. I've got two 50 rounders and a 14 round MKII mag that are all split at the seams. I made the mistake of sending a 12 rounder back and got "catalog credit" for my trouble.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't had a chance to see if these even function. If I decide to sell them, I'll give ya'll first shot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Those critters ARE getting hard to find...  I've got 4 (2 used and 2 still bagged), and they're worth way more than I paid for my 10/22.  Go figure. [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top