Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2003 8:01:45 AM EDT
From yesterday's show:

"What good is winning the House if we're going to pass liberalism? What good is winning the House if all we're going to do is liberalism-lite? I'd just as soon go back to being in the minority and raise hell, like it was in the good old days."
View Quote

The quote was actually longer (I heard it), but this is what's up on nhis website: [url]http://rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_070103/content/quotes.member.html[/url]

Doesn't sound like much of a shill to me. He ripped them all a new one in no uncertain terms.

It was great to hear!

BTW, Sean Hannity did much the same thing. In fact, they BOTH have been ripping the latest wave of Republican Liberalism....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I was expecting the "Rush is a Liberal" and "Rush is a mindless Republican shill" crowd to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Guess having their position proven wrong is to much for some people...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Michael Savge has been doing the same thing. All three have been "constructively" criticising Bush on his huge Medicare entitlement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll bite...Rush is right occasionally...you must have missed Rush last week talking about how th egovernment had a duty to impose on people's privacy and rights or otherwise the union would fall apart............
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I never though he was a shill, just a pompous ass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll bite...Rush is right occasionally...you must have missed Rush last week talking about how th egovernment had a duty to impose on people's privacy and rights or otherwise the union would fall apart............
View Quote

You obviously don't understand the difference between a law being wrong and a law being unconstitutional.

You obviously didn't hear him discuss how its the role of the government to impose those laws the people call for, provided they do not violate the Constitution, which can be amended by the people if they chose to do so.

I guess you'd be all for the right to do ANYTHING in private, right?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I never though he was a shill, just a pompous ass.
View Quote

Well, that can certainly be concluded if you take his schtick seriously. I honestly think it's all for show, but I could be wrong.

Either way, he's usually righ on the dime, which is why I listen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I can only take Rush in small doses. One can only hear the words I, me, my, I told you so, Heh Heh Heh so many times in one 10 minute segment.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I like to listen to Rush. Hannity is good but kisses too much ass. Savage says what all of them wont.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like to listen to Rush. Hannity is good but kisses too much ass. Savage says what all of them wont.
View Quote

I wish we got Savage down in Miami! [:(]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, good for Rush. Its about time he woke up. But this just proves he isn't a perfect shill. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Rush is what he, himself, said he was, an entertainer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish we got Savage down in Miami! [:(]
View Quote

If you have MSNBC, you can catch his tv show on Saturdays at 5 pm.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:50:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I assume this thread was in part directed at me.  Sorry I'm late, I do have a life outside of ARFCOM (although sometimes I wonder...).
I never said he was a shill, I said he was a cheerleader.  And my biggest problem with Rush, to be honest, is the fans.  Blindly following along like his name was Moses or Jesus.
Zaph, too often I see yourself and other "dittoheads" simply parrot whatever Rush says.  You seem fixated on WHO says somethig instead of WHAT they say (I know you're not going to admit to this, so there's really no point in having a debate about it, it's simply how I see things).  In another thread you tossed out something like "I can't believe you agree with Bill Klinton".  I don't know if I do or not, but so what if I do agree with him on one thing?  Nobody is right 100% of the time, not even Rush, and nobody is wrong 100% of the time, not even Bill Klinton.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#15]
^ what he said.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, I assume this thread was in part directed at me.  Sorry I'm late, I do have a life outside of ARFCOM (although sometimes I wonder...). I never said he was a shill, I said he was a cheerleader.  And my biggest problem with Rush, to be honest, is the fans.  Blindly following along like his name was Moses or Jesus. Zaph, too often I see yourself and other "dittoheads" simply parrot whatever Rush says.  You seem fixated on WHO says somethig instead of WHAT they say (I know you're not going to admit to this, so there's really no point in having a debate about it, it's simply how I see things).  In another thread you tossed out something like "I can't believe you agree with Bill Klinton".  I don't know if I do or not, but so what if I do agree with him on one thing?  Nobody is right 100% of the time, not even Rush, and nobody is wrong 100% of the time, not even Bill Klinton.  
View Quote

What he said (again) ! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Rush is not conservative enough on most issues.  He is entertaining, which is why I listen when I can.

People are not conservative because of Limbaugh, they are conservative because that is who they are.  It is nice to hear someone advocate topics and thinking that you fundamentally agree with.  

Very few people agree with 100% of what he says.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't agree with Rush either all the time, but he is right alot more than he is wrong on stuff.
(He doesn't own a gun and plays golf!)
On the Supreme court decision, this will completely open up what a person can do in there own home from prostitution, gay marriage, drugs, to screwing with the 2nd amendment.
Michael Savage is a AR15, Mini-14 owner, who speaks like a crazy prophet in the wilderness.
Unfortunately what he says is probably 100% right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top