Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 7:50:05 PM EDT
I belong to District Council 78, a union which sets up and dismantles trade shows in South Florida. In late July 2003, the NAACP has its annual conference and trade show at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The NAACP decided to contract its labor from an immigrant chinese laborpool instead of middle class, blue collar, American labor union employees. This will affect my fellow union brothers and their families financially to the tune of $2000 to $3000 per person. 25% of our union members are african-american, and this is how the NAACP repays its people. This chinese group of scabs, led by two Latin American business partners, are lowballing labor rates and using untrained and unskilled foreigners. What ever happened to American organizations supporting their
countrymen thru fair and equal labor practice.
The NAACP has just allowed immigrants from China
to take money out of the hands of American blue-collar folks. This also negatively impacts the electrical union and the teamsters, as this company has its own electricians and freight truck drivers. The NAACP is no way, shape or form advancing the livelihood and well being of African Americans who are members of these 3 unions. The NAACP are the Saddam Hussein's of the USA, by screwing those people they are supposed to be advancing. We will picket and protest, and a meeting will be held to discuss further necessary action!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you think the NAA(L)CP is for the working black man/woman, then I've got some beachfront property to sell you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey they probably get a little kick back, can you blame them. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps it is cheaper to use the other guys?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I would not be a bit suprised at their stooping to screw around their own people.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The NAACP is no way, shape or form advancing the livelihood and well being of African Americans.
View Quote

PERIOD.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps you need to look into the workings and beliefs of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples.  It represents all non white peoples, not just negroes. It was pandering to it's constituancy by using the Chinese and Latins. Your union means Jack to them, unless they are getting a sweet payoff from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top