*chokes SGB with a caps lock key*
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
*chokes SGB with a caps lock key*
View Quote

Actually, he talks that way.  He is old and hard of hearing so he doesn't know he is yelling.[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
10-20-LIFE...  ouch!  SGB, If you find a link to their names, let me know.  I work in PC and wondering if it's any of our "regular customers".
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]
found another link with more info...

[url]http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/6214628.htm[/url]

Two Panama City men - thought to be father and son - were arrested by Tallahassee police after their car flipped over several times, ending a high-speed chase that left police cars riddled with bullets Tuesday morning.

The five-minute pursuit took cops through a residential neighborhood, into busy traffic, and through a hail of gunfire.

The passenger of the car, thought to be the father, was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for "serious injuries" suffered in the crash, according to Deputy Chief John Proctor. The other man was taken to the Tallahassee Police Department for questioning.

Police didn't release the names of the two men, saying they still were trying to verify names found on the driver's licenses.

Proctor said the two men may have been planning to rob the Capital City Bank at the corner of High Road and West Tennessee Street but were thwarted by a police officer who was in the parking lot. A different Capital City Bank branch was robbed Friday.

"It's strange that this happened in the vicinity of a bank that had another branch robbed a few days ago. It makes you wonder," Proctor said.

Construction workers at Boardwalk Apartments on West Tennessee Street, where the suspects' blue 1996 Ford Crown Victoria crash-landed, were left to clean up the glass and metal left behind.

Motorists were delayed for about 20 minutes as Tallahassee police blocked traffic on Tennessee Street from Ocala Road to just a block past the crash site near White Drive.

According to Tallahassee Police Officer Rhonda Scott, this is what happened:

Officer Chuck Perry was filling out paperwork in his patrol car at 10:35 a.m. when the blue Ford pulled into the parking lot, drove around and then "exited suspiciously." Perry, a 14-year veteran, followed the car down High Road and onto San Luis Road before pulling it over at the Parga Street intersection.

Before Perry could get out of his car, the passenger jumped out and began shooting, hitting the front of the patrol car, Scott said. The Ford sped off traveling south to Don Andres Avenue, where the passenger hopped out again and fired more shots at Perry, who was still in pursuit in his car.

The two men were seen turning on West Tennessee Street from White Drive, when Officer Mike Goldwich joined the chase. Eyewitnesses said the Ford weaved in and out of traffic, attempting to lose the closing patrol cars.

Meanwhile, the passenger continued shooting at officers from inside the car, firing through and shattering his back windshield. At least one bullet hit Goldwich's police car, just above the windshield.

Proctor said neither officer fired back.

"They used extreme restraint. I don't know if I would have been able to be that restrained," he said. "It's very dangerous to try to shoot and drive. You never know where the bullet might end up."

In a last-ditch effort to lose police, the men swerved into oncoming traffic, but patrol cars approaching from the east forced them back across the median. As they tried to get back into traffic, their car clipped the front end of a tractor-trailer, sending them airborne and onto the construction site.

The car skipped across the pavement, hit a curb and careened out of control, tumbling over the heads of scurrying construction workers before finally resting upright, Scott said. Police rushed over to the badly damaged vehicle, where they found at least one handgun and a high-powered, semi-automatic rifle, which was in the lap of the injured passenger, said Sgt. Judy Suchocki.

No one else was injured in the chase.

"I am glad it ended how it did," said the driver of the tractor-trailer, who did not want to be identified. "If they didn't hit me, I think they would have killed somebody. They were going for broke."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top