Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 5:23:06 PM EDT
it was pretty cool, US Army kicked ass against british and canadians. it was cool to see the wide range of weapons used, i was disappointed at the lack of camera time for the marines, there was ZERO, but yet they finished 3rd overall, sum where using silencers for competition also. an hour was too short , ya could tell the show was rushed. over all,not a waste of my time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just watched it as well! Pretty awesome to see some of that on TV!

Sucked for the Brits...I can't believe Customs BS! They had to leave their AMMO IN THE UK!! Got here and had to use our ammo that they were not familiar with.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw it a few months ago on OLN.  Pretty cool, but the tactical portion (the most important part) was lacking.  It's tough to grade a subjective aspect like the tactics (field craft, camouflage, stalking, et al), but it was still pretty cool.  A few "non-issue" weapons, like the AR-10 showed up very nicely.  I was a bit disappointed by the Brits complaining about the ammunition lots they were given.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I thought that thing with the Brits was a bunch of BS too. How long would it take for them to go to the range and rezero? The balistics cannot be that different, I thought are ammo was standardized with NATO?

I swear that AR10 had a stainless barrel, not sure though. Maybe it was just camera trickery.

A great watch though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Why shouldn't they complain? I would have as well! You train with certain ammo or load your own and then can't take it with you to a MAJOR COMPETITION because of Customs Regs?!?!

You know how Brit Radway functions like crap in our AR's, right? Imagine the fun you'd have cycling SS109 thru an SA-80 that is dialed in for Radway? Not to mention the ammo differences in all fo the other weapons they had there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top