Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 2:29:21 PM EDT
My Field Training Officer & I were out once again in our small town on patrol, & there's this rather foresty & historic lookin cemetary on the edge of our city that i've been curious about.

It was a kick ass day out, and after some badgering I convinced him we should check out some old tomb stones. So off we went, and to our astonishment there were tons of veterans burried there. were talkin WWI - Vietnam. Welp, we were really getting into it and began to reset up some of the old little knocked down flags by these hero's tomb stones and cleared some sticks & dirt that had been sitting on their placks for god knows how long.

I'm sure we were the only ones to pay 'em a visit in a loooooong time. It was quite humbling. Man, imagine the stories these guys could tell.

God bless those guys!

[USA]

Anyways, thought I'd share my cool day with everyone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank You.
Many times I have taken My kids and done the same thing. It has realy "Brought it home" to them, about how so Many, gave us so much.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

[USA]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
That gives me an idea.
Next time we visit the family at the cemetery, we'll stop by the Veteran's Land.
Good idea to take the kids to see that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Good thing to do sir! Thanks you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top