Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 1:17:05 AM EDT
Does anyone shoot here? Is there a restriction on unregistered black rifles? It seems like a pretty nice range but I don't wanna get hasseled about having a black rifle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, a whole bunch of guys do..i dont, but check the hometown forum for california.  Also check [url]http://www.calguns.net[/url] same guys over there, but it cali only gun board...you can search for posts about chabot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been hassled there but I have my papers in order like a good little citizen.

Chabot is part of the park system and is patrolled by East Bay Regional Parks Police. They seem pretty cool in my limited dealings with the department.

Unregistered? I haven't heard of anyone being questioned for thier papers. Yet.

Do you want to be the first?

[url]www.chabotgunclub.com[/url]

Edited to add that it is a very nice range in a beautiful setting.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard that place gaot roasted in the '91 fire.

Did they rebuild?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]

'91 fire?

I work for the Alameda County Fire Dept. and worked in Castro Valley in 1991.

I don't remember a fire at or near the range.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]
We've had a couple Arfcom shoots/BBQs there.  It is a great range, though pricey and takes a bit of time to get there.  Maybe we should try to organize another shoot, maybe in August???

BTW, funniest thing I saw there was when someone shooting DVDTracker's .50 fired right AFTER the cease fire was called.  Hard to sneak that one in.  Never had a problem with black rifles there, often that's about half the firing line, but they are persnikity about the one round a second thing.

Way too far south to be hit by the Berkeley fire, BTW.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

'91 fire?

I work for the Alameda County Fire Dept. and worked in Castro Valley in 1991.

I don't remember a fire at or near the range.

View Quote

Sorry.

Had it confused with a much smaller private range within Contra Costa Co.(I should've checked the link before posting)

Someone just let me know that the range I was thinking of was closed before the fire.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
What are range fees like?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Public Rifle and Pistol - per shooter, per day.
Non Member           $12.50
Member                    $6.25
Junior (8 thru 17)     $3.00

Public Trap - per round (25 clay birds, included.)
Non Member             $8.00
Member                    $7.00
Junior (8 thru 17)     $5.00

Membership
The Club offers a Membership program. Members shoot at discounted rates, can attend member only programs and events, receive our news letter, and can participate in the operation of the Club. Starting in 2002, the first year there is a ONE TIME initiation fee of $40.00 and a dues assessment of $5.00 per month for the remaining months in the year. Dues are $60.00 per year there after.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I shoot there quite a bit, no they do not check registration on "black" rifles. Very nice range, please let me know if anyone wants to organize a shoot there I will be more than willing to contribute my time for that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
You all should check out the California Forum more often then.  It's over under that "Hometown" tab you see near the top right.

[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top