Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2003 10:32:40 PM EDT
I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of the state they live in and how they would rate it on a 1-10 scale. (10 being the highest)

I'll start lst, I live in the prk, I give it a 3.
reasons, billions of debt, dems control everything, high cost of living, lousy gun laws, soccer moms and suv's everywhere, and more taxes on the way... joy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Not a 10 because we dont have Vermont style CCW.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Now, if I could only choose another city to live in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
0, Im in NYC. 1 is not low enough for this cesspit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
9, lax firearm laws, not an over abundance of Yankees, the Humidity here in parts of Tejas is Killer when mixed with the heat.

Oh, I was just kidding with the Yankee remark.

Would like to live in Montana/Wyoming someday
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
MI=7

granholm, although she's a freakin POS democrat gov, engler set us up. we're not perfect, but DAMN, the amount of black gun owners that vote is astonishing. we michiganders love our guns. i'm convinced we are a force to behold.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The state I live in is one of the most beautiful place on earth I have ever seen in real life or in pictures.  I can go from the ocean to the snow caped mountains in less then 4 hours.  That is the good side.

Now the down side of my state:  It is controlled by the liberal masses in three large cities and they have turned the state in to a hellhole.  

Can you guess the state I live in?  CA.   The state gets a 10 the people in the state get a 1.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Alaska gets a 10. Good firearm laws, no need for concealed carry permit, watching all the new people in Alaska try to drive in the snow and they go in the ditch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
-4 for Kalifornia.  I would have given it a 6 long ago, but that was when I didn`t know what an AR15 was.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I give CT a 7 or a 6. Gotta love the CCW. And don't forget, we are the #2 state in the Union for Class III. Can't own a semiauto Tommy Gun, though. Or anything fun besides an AR. Can't get a Barrett Light 50. Or an AK.

Unfortunately, I live between MA and NY. I dread the day when thier horrifying disarmament tactics leak into our borders.

Edited to say - Hopefully soon I can move 175 miles north into VT, and have all the goodies I want! And be closer to the family in Maine too. But I got a great job going here, and everything else in my life is here too, so I can't realistically pack up and leave.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of the state they live in and how they would rate it on a 1-10 scale. (10 being the highest)

I'll start lst, I live in the prk, I give it a 3.
reasons, billions of debt, dems control everything, high cost of living, lousy gun laws, soccer moms and suv's everywhere, and more taxes on the way... joy.
View Quote

Yeah, but it's really pretty.

Seriously, if we could change just a few things around here, CA would be one of the best places in the world to live and raise a family.

Like it used to be.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Pennsylvannia is a 9.It would be a 10 but we got fast eddie as gov. But Philly were I live(Northeast) is a 7. Philly were I don`t live (anything south of the Northeast) is a 0.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:17:28 AM EDT
[#12]
New Jersey Sucks
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]
You mean there are other states?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Ohio

Beautiful state with the great Lake Erie on the northcoast, full of great fishing.

Except for Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, the state is pro-gun.

No ban on ARs.  Class 3 friendly.  

No CCW yet, due to our spineless, lame-duck GOP governor.

I give it a 5.  After all, Dennis Kucinich and Jerry Springer hail from Ohio.  

Sorry about unleashing those pukes on the national stage.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Texas is an 11.

God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:22:37 AM EDT
[#16]
All things considered, I'd give it a 7. reasonable cost of living. Decent weather. Leaning towards the right edge of the middle politically. Overall good gun laws. Good hunting/fishing. It's not Indiana.

I'd like to retire in Colorado or Montana but they have too many Californians and Texans. [nuts]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#17]
VA is a 7.

Well, let me clarify:

NORTHERN Virginia, where I live, (otherwise known as OCCUPIED NoVA), is a 3...the rest of Virginia is a 9.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I give CT a 7 or a 6. Gotta love the CCW. And don't forget, we are the #2 state in the Union for Class III. Can't own a semiauto Tommy Gun, though. Or anything fun besides an AR. Can't get a Barrett Light 50. Or an AK.

Unfortunately, I live between MA and NY. I dread the day when thier horrifying disarmament tactics leak into our borders.

Edited to say - Hopefully soon I can move 175 miles north into VT, and have all the goodies I want! And be closer to the family in Maine too. But I got a great job going here, and everything else in my life is here too, so I can't realistically pack up and leave.
View Quote

I give CT a 6..... and what he said except that you can't own a select fire thompson either, it has to be modified for full auto only. Oh and I have an Imbel FAL on the way so not all black rifles are banned.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pennsylvannia is a 9.It would be a 10 but we got fast eddie as gov. But Philly were I live(Northeast) is a 7. Philly were I don`t live (anything south of the Northeast) is a 0.
View Quote

Yea, We need a new gov.. Ed is a POS assclown.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#20]
VA is a solid 9
Born and raised in PA so I will rate it too 6
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#21]
If the only criterion for rank is gun related, I'd say CT rates a 6 or 7. The CCW is an essential, but having to store some of my cooler weaponry out of state pisses me off.

If you utilize more criteria than firearms to rank a state (which anyone with a family would ), CT is outstanding for location, scenery, topographic variation, culinary variety, cultural pursuits, easy access to the top 2 metropolitan areas in the Northeast, schools, and income. It's hell for property costs and speeding ticket fines.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd hit it. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I love Georgia but there are too many damn yankees moving here now. I might have to retreat to Alabama. I'll give GA a 9.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I live in Florida. I'd give it a 7. Not State Income Tax, pretty relaxed gun laws, beautiful weather (most of the time), lots to do.

Granted, I wish there were more seasons than Mosquito and Dry, but that's life, I suppose...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Texas is an 11.

God Bless Texas.
View Quote

Amen!

Eric The(TexanSince1848!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I give Indiana an 8.  Indiana is a beautiful state with lots of great wildlife and plenty of forests, ponds, and lakes.  We have great hunting in the winter and fall.  Great fishing in the summer.  We are not too big but yet not too small, Indy is nice to visit, but wouldnt want to live there, overall though, it is a really great place to live. It is just a shame that we are BROKE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#28]
CA
The plus side

High state income tax
High energy costs
Extremely high # of gun restrictions
Lacks a southern border
Governed by two cities, LA and SF

The negative

Not enough illegal aliens
Not enough freeways
Not enough liberals

Mitigating items

THE WEATHER
Beautiful deserts, mountains, and beaches
Beautiful farmland
Beautiful womenz
The right half of the state, politically and geographically unspoiled.

1-10 scale, it's a 5.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Fantastic deer hunting =10.
The rest of this fucked up state makes it a -10.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Texas is an 11.

God Bless Texas.
View Quote

DITTO!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
New Jersey Sucks
View Quote

Yup.  It's a 1.  It only gets that for the Jersey Shore & even that's going in the toilet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Using the 1 to 10 scale, Rhode Island is a 1.[puke]

Using the 1 to 50 scale, Rhode Island is also a 1...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Arizona is a 9.  Gun laws are some of the best in the nation.  Class III, Shall Issue CCW, Open Carry, and no waiting periods for gun purchases.  The heat is a double edged sword.  It keeps a lot of the faggot fucks from CA out of the state so it is a good thing.  But when it is a 115 degrees outside, its hot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Colorado is a 9! We have great weather most of the time and lots of things for us outdoor type folks like camping, fishing, shooting, hiking. Lots of nice looking womenz. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because  all of the Texan's and Californian's moving here. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd give VA an 8 or 9.  Open carry, shall issue CCW, Class 3 OK.  Downsides...  Northern VA is pretty liberal.  Only one handgun a month.  Must register Class 3 with state as well as Feds.

Weather's pretty freaky too...  lots of humidity and lately lots of rain.

Alex
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Georgia is a 10+.  This is the only state I have lived in, but I  have visited many others.  Yeah, there are too many yankees in Atlanta.  That's why I got out.  I grew up in the country and now I'm back in the country.  

We have good firearms laws.  Even though Vermont style would be better.

And the Democrats?  Well a good many of them are more conservative than most Republicans.  We're still a little upset about that Republican president during the War Of Northern Aggression and they just haven't realized that the current Democratic party is not their father's Democratic party.  

As far as firearms laws go, most don't know the AWB exists and they haven't been affected otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Louisiana = 9

One of the best states for gunowners.  In LA your car is considered an extension of your home, which is a big plus.

States with best gun laws from Boston's Gun Bible by Boston T. Party:

1) Vermont
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Wyoming
6) Montana
7) Arizona
8) Alaska (they may be higher up in the ranking since their new law on concealed carry)
9) New Mexico
10) Mississippi
11) Georgia
12) Florida
13) Texas
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I give the PRK a 5.

The five positive are:
climate
family
friends
the value of my house(i'll one day sell here and buy myself a ranch somehwere in America)
I can drive and within 45 minutes be at my favorite range.No RO's or anyone to bug me.

the negative:
politics
liberals(including the infestation in the publick skools)
the gun laws(though, I still can purchase basically any handgun I want.Recently aquired an M1A)
crowding
crime

So, if we had a reversal of gun laws and poitics(looks as tshtf is gonna happen soon in SaCKramento) it would be basiclaly a perfect place to live.

I can rest easy knowing that the value of my house has quadrupled since I have bought it.
I will be selling as soon as my kids grow up and purchase a house/compound in Az or Nv free and clear.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Louisiana = 9

One of the best states for gunowners.  In LA your car is considered an extension of your home, which is a big plus.

States with best gun laws from Boston's Gun Bible by Boston T. Party:

1) Vermont
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Wyoming
6) Montana
7) Arizona
8) Alaska (they may be higher up in the ranking since their new law on concealed carry)
9) New Mexico
10) Mississippi
11) Georgia
12) Florida
13) Texas
View Quote

Wow, I had no idea Idaho was ranked that high as far as gun laws/ownership. I lived in Boise for about a year, nice place, really quiet. What is so special about the gun laws there?
(I was 18 when I lived there, and didnt know a thing about guns/gun laws)

Also, where is Nevada on that list?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I gotta give Georgia a 9 as well.  It's a great place to live.  Atlanta only gets a 6 though.

Good climate, except in the hottest part of summer.

Great gun laws (NFA-OK, shall-issue CCW, and you can have a gun in your car with no permit)

Nice people outside of Atlanta, but yeah, too many Yankees moving in.

And for some reason I can't figure out, the hispanic population has just exploded lately.  Not really a gripe, just puzzled.  But that means great Mexican food too!  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow, I had no idea Idaho was ranked that high as far as gun laws/ownership. I lived in Boise for about a year, nice place, really quiet. What is so special about the gun laws there?
(I was 18 when I lived there, and didnt know a thing about guns/gun laws)

Also, where is Nevada on that list?
View Quote

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/050217-big.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/050218-big.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/050219-big.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/050220-big.jpg[/img]
Enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#44]
MS - 10
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Michigan: 3 Cold winters & humid summers, liberal union democrat state, filled with white trash and inner city blacks who refuse to make any effort at getting along. No decent jobs except farming, the auto plants, and prison guards. Restrictive handgun purchase and transporting laws.

California: 7 Wonderful climate, amazing women, amazing beaches, democrat voting, restrictive assualt weapon laws. High home prices.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#47]
TN=12

CCW laws, no state income tax, great weather, great hunting, awesome fishing, plenty of lakes, everything from flat land (west TN) to mountains (East TN), and the best part Mid TN where I live.  We have the best roads in the country.  And the best part of all, TN is where I met my wife.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Give our liberal utopia of a state Maryland a 1.372. There are gunlock laws that have outlawed the sales of %80 of handguns. No more 1911 for sale in MD. It's for the children!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Ohio is a 3, gun wise.  Cincinnati, Cleveland and the other big cities have stupid gun laws.  Fuhrer Governor Bob Taft refuses to let concealed carry pass, and the Northeast part of the state is run by liberals.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because  all of the Texan's and Californian's moving here. [:D]
View Quote

Between you n' me, 505, I miss the Texans. All they'd do was crash the party, get too loud, kill off the keg and then pass out on the livingroom floor. The Californians show up late, redecorate the place, change the music, complain that too many people can get their hands on beer (it's bad for the children, you know) and try to charge a cover at the door. When they finally get kicked out, they call the cops, file grievances with the city, buy the bank, foreclose and evict the partiers. *Then* they kill off the keg.

I'd give us a 9, too. Gorgeous scenery (even with the drought), good folks, lots of microbreweries, lots of hot... (wife alert!) Mexican food and slowly returning gun sense. Downsides are no oceans, a job market that could be better and too many damned uptight leftists deciding that we have too many guns and not enough taxes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top