Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 8:44:46 PM EDT
They don't have any forum that will allow RKBA activism & the posting of legislative alerts!

I just registered over there so that I can add the H&K enthusiast to the ever growing list of gun owners who need to become politically active & involved, and to my great surprise, there is no forum where that type of post would be tolerated.

We all need to band together over the next 15 months & fight the renewal of the AW ban.  What gives over at HKpro... don't they care???
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
HKPro seems to be a really tightly run ship!  If you don’t want to discuss HK’s, you're unwelcome!!

And, as I understand it, even mentioning hi-cap magazines can get you admonished and/or banned!

Still, it’s the site owner’s forum – he can make any rules he wants to.

It does have a lot of good info.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, HKPRO's position is that there are a lot of "general" firearms discussion outlets, and they strive to maintain a concentrated focus on HK weapons only. You will note that there is very little rancor or discord on the site, but also there are very few (comparatively) unique posters. It mainly serves as a technical resource, and that's fine.

The preban mag issue there is analogous to MARPAT, BOTD, RDIAS and other items here on ARFCOM. They've been done to death.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Still, it’s the site owner’s forum – he can make any rules he wants to.
View Quote

Agreed, but it is the [b]only[/b] firearms forum that I have encountered without a RKBA forum!

Last time I checked, H&Ks' were [i]still[/i] guns. You know... those evil things that so many politicians want to ban.

Seems that they are far too concerned with the latest H&K Uber pistol that Laura Croft will be shooting bad guys with to devote some band width to the struggle to preserve & restore our birthright as free men.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A suggestion for you, [b]NYPatriot[/b]:

Post frequently on HKPro.com, and send your RKBA message in your sig line. Then, every forum becomes an RKBA forum!

Example:
Yeah, Tomb Raider 27 will be great with the HK OICW!

NYPatriot
--------------------------------
Are YOU doing your part to help pass The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act??? Your right to keep your HK depends on it.
View Quote

See?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on DzlBenz post, just dont forget to stick a hotlink in that sig pointing to a GOOD RKBA site/forum (IE: this one).
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
DzlBenz...
Post frequently on HKPro.com
View Quote

Would love to, but even though I have registered as a member there, I am not allowed to post yet!!!

See... your account application has to be scrutinized & approved by a site administrator before you gain posting privileges!?!?!?

Apparently, this process can take a while.

Yup, HKpro.com is trying [i]real[/i] hard to dispel the stereotype that many H&K owners are elitist!  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, man, just give it time. It'll probably only be a day or so. You wouldn't have been able to post in an RKBA forum if they had one, anyway, right? Just wait until you're in, and start spreading the word, brother.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Makes sense to me.

HK = elitists who cater almost exclusively to LE and military contracts.

just my opinion
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They don't have any forum that will allow RKBA activism & the posting of legislative alerts!

I just registered over there so that I can add the H&K enthusiast to the ever growing list of gun owners who need to become politically active & involved, and to my great surprise, there is no forum where that type of post would be tolerated.

We all need to band together over the next 15 months & fight the renewal of the AW ban.  What gives over at HKpro... don't they care???
View Quote

Asshole, IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#11]
QuietShootr, I'm a bit confused... who exactly is the "asshole" in your humble opinion??? [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#12]
The staff over there, not you![:)]

Or, if you ARE an asshole, I apologize for not properly crediting you as such![:D]

Q(FellowAsshole!)S
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's the way I look at it.

HKPRO is the best board for HK technical info.  Tom's a great guy and he runs a good board.

I like it that way, as you cut out most of the BS.  I go there to ask questions about HKs, not to see what the member's longest fart was, or why gays shouldn't adopt.  If you want a GD come to AR15.com.  I'm not comparing RKBA to farts, but the board members voted overwhelmingly to keep the talk STRICKLY to HKs, and 95% of the members are very happy with that arrangement.  Those that weren't, have gone elsewhere.

I respect what you're trying to do, but don't flame a board that you aren't a part of simply because it isn't set up the way you want, when the members of that board voted for that configuration.

Now if they could only find a way to get rid of the pre-teen no-it-alls and airsofters, and therefore all the "I saw X movie with a USP in it!!!" I'd spend a lot more time around there again...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#14]
And my opinion of him, and the board, differs from yours.  

But that's okay.

QS
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Honestly, I don't spend a lot of time around there anymore.  Partially because I sold a lot of my HKs a couple years ago, partially because of my view on some of the membership there.

But I do respect Tom (and the staff and most of the long time members) and what he has done for the HK world.  I still visit at least once a day, I just rarely post.

It's not a perfect site but it is the best HK site on the net.  I definitely have issues with some of the 'forbidden' topics.  But overall, I do like the HK only format.

I do understand why someone would NOT like the site.  It's really a niche forum, and thus doesn't hold the appeal of everyone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#16]
A lot of great HK info.
A lot of holier than thou, snooty HK people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup, HKpro.com is trying [i]real[/i] hard to dispel the stereotype that many H&K owners are elitist!  [rolleyes]
View Quote

yah, thats always the feeling i get after crusing around there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#18]
HKocher...
I respect what you're trying to do, but don't flame a board that you aren't a part of simply because it isn't set up the way you want
View Quote

My intention was not to flame another board of American gun owners, it was to enquire as to why they don't have a RKBA forum, and to gage if they might take kindly to the introduction of one.

I asked here because I don't have posting privileges at HKpro yet, though I do intend to rock the boat when I can post.

I don't know what will come of it, but I hope that an affinity for European firearms does not automatically translate into a European mindset concerning the RKBA.

We shall see...

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I know you're not trying to stir up trouble, sorry if I seemed defensive.

Here's what I recommend that you do, email Tom directly at [email protected].  Present your idea to him, and let him think it over, because if you start posting non-HK threads there, they're going to get zapped quick.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the advice HKocher.

I will do as you recommend, and see what comes of it...

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
HKPro does not kick off topics that have to do with high cap mags...just illegal hi caps...the USP 45 was made after 94...a la no "legal" 12 round hi caps were ever made...I notice that they sell them here a lot on the EE.  

As for the Board its self...it's a tight ship for sure...if it's not HK then its kicked of the boards really quickly.  In my opinion I feel that it is very hard to become part of the "clique" there...I have posted some simple questions that no one answers...and that is a little regretfull.  

I do like the fact that they stick to the issues at hand and run a tight board, but i like this board a lot better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
HKPro does not kick off topics that have to do with high cap mags...just illegal hi caps...the USP 45 was made after 94...a la no "legal" 12 round hi caps were ever made...I notice that they sell them here a lot on the EE.  
View Quote

Well 'unmarked' = legal in my book,

Although I wouldn't want to be the test case on the isse for the BATF...

But please, let's not get into that topic here!!!  I think that topic was part of the reason Quietshooter left HKPRO, am I right QS?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep.

I don't trust anybody on the 'net, but I do prefer that you at least LIE to me and say you aren't a fucking snitch, even if you are.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well 'unmarked' = legal in my book,

Although I wouldn't want to be the test case on the isse for the BATF...

But please, let's not get into that topic here!!!  I think that topic was part of the reason Quietshooter left HKPRO, am I right QS?
View Quote

I'll second this.
AFIK, the law determines pre ban status by what is marked on the mags.
No marks = good to go.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now if they could only find a way to get rid of the pre-teen no-it-alls and airsofters, and therefore all the "I saw X movie with a USP in it!!!" I'd spend a lot more time around there again...
View Quote

Very True! Check out this thread on using an airsoft RIS on a real gun!
[url]http://sf1000.registeredsite.com/~user880686/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004898[/url]
Who would use low a quality airsoft RAS on a real AR?

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top