Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 8:41:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I win 98% of my stuff by waiting til the end.

If I want something bad enough I bid my max close to the end(five minutes left).Plus, I pad it by a certain % depending on the itme I want.

I have never bid my max in the early stages.

I feel it's like a card game and I don't show my cards early.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Early bidding drive the price up.  Wait and bid the max at the end.

BTW, what kind of stuff are you bidding on, Garand_Shooter?

[;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I snipe whenever possible.

Otherwise you stand a good chance of just driving the price up to the point where you wind up walking away from the item anyway.

Also, sniping also keeps [b]me[/b] from getting wrapped up in a bidding war!!

I generally submit my one and only bid about 15 seconds before the action closes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I let it ride till about five seconds till the end of the auction...this can be dangerous though if there is a glitch!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I just don't buy on ebay as everything can be found cheaper somewher else.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Even after the articles posted where ebay and it's founder openly admits from the company's begining to keeping ALL transaction records, ALL buyer/seller correspondence, playing private law enforcement and turning people over to the feds for things they "feel" are illegal you all still use that crappy place. Whatever rocks your boat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I let it ride till about five seconds till the end of the auction...this can be dangerous though if there is a glitch!
View Quote

Those glitches worry me too.

I refresh the page continuously within the last 30 seconds or so to make sure it's still connected.  With my bid ready all I have to do is confirm the bid in the last five seconds.  I think my closest was three seconds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely bid only in the last 3 seconds of the auction
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Definitely bid only in the last 3 seconds of the auction
View Quote

Ditto.

You wait till 20 seconds before auction closes.
Throw in your max in one window, and the next price up in another.
8 seconds before auction is over, you go for next price up. Keep doing this if the bidder has his max in already. Use fair increments(not minimum). About 2 seconds before the end, if all else fails, press submit(confirm, already clicked the first add bid button) on your max bid amount. If his max was higher, boohoo. If not, you win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top