Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2003 7:41:11 PM EDT
I keep seeing all kinds of post on,"why black people can't,,,,,,,?" I do have a question for you guys.

Some white people have no ability to dance,,I mean they cannot even tap their feet in time with music. What's up with that?

I went to a local bar Friday night and it looked like people having siezures on the dance floor.  Nothing like burly women jiggling to make drinking fun.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
what about Michael Jackson. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Another myth perpetrated by liberals.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I, for one, am very musically challenged. If I want to play music I turn on the radio.

I got no rhythm, I got no rhyme, I got no soul. So how the hell can anybody expect me to be a good dancer? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
...[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

[ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers weren't white? Damn I need a new television.
View Quote

LOL! Yes, they could dance, but I think we're talking CONTEMPORARY dancing styles.  Sheesh, the WALTZ or whatever it is that they do is cool if you're over 50, but, uh, that won't get the girls at the club.  And, no, I'm not talking about exaggerated dancing that you see in RAP videos (I know how "some" of you guys think).  I'm just talking about being able to AT LEAST blend in, and not stick out--like having a seizure.  LOL.

My white roommates that I had during my undergrad stint had absolutely no rythym.  Steve, Mike and Doug would look hilarious at the clubs when whe hung out.  Steve was the worst, though.  Hell, even Mike and Doug would at HIM!  LOL...this sure brings back some funny-as-hell memories of my college days with my white, uh, I mean, my non-colored friends.

Disclaimer:  I hope that I have not offended any human beings that lack skin pigment or simply can not tan by the use of the word white.  I am not racist and do not wish to be labeled as such and did not intend any incite a race riot on the board by using the word white...LOL...these race threads kill me...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
the same reason some blacks can't do math
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ahh, here it begins.  The backlash against the Blacks.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#10]
My white roommates that I had during my undergrad stint had absolutely no rythym.  Steve, Mike and Doug would look hilarious at the clubs when whe hung out.  Steve was the worst, though.  Hell, even Mike and Doug would at HIM!  LOL...this sure brings back some funny-as-hell memories of my college days with my white, uh, I mean, my non-colored friends.

Disclaimer:  I hope that I have not offended any human beings that lack skin pigment or simply can not tan by the use of the word white.  I am not racist and do not wish to be labeled as such and did not intend any incite a race riot on the board by using the word white...LOL...these race threads kill me...
View Quote

Race Issue?  What race issue?  Hey, some of my best friends are colords!!!

hehehehe, sorry about that, I was just picturing Archie Bunker saying something like that..........

Steven
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Heh heh heh heh...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Culture

Dancing is not very big in white culture at this point in time.
I was never taught, and although I have a sense of rhythm(I can play guitar in time plenty fine), dancing is not my thing.

I could handle learning ballroom type stuff...but the hiphop, etc stuff....no thanks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it's our Puritanical upbringing?

You know, like that old joke:

"Why don't Baptists have sex standing up?"
"Because it might lead to dancing!"

[:P]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Your agony is gorgeous! And now is zee time vann vee dance!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Ha!! I don't know about the rest of you honkies, but THIS cracka HAS got a 'lil soul, and can flat out shake a leg!!  [snoopy]

I came of age on Motown!! Just sittin on a dock of the bay......(quiver)....That's soul!!!   Brutha! [;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#16]
cant jump either [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]

I have a white neighbor that lives below me. He works at Fred Astair Dance Studio. Last weekend he won about four thousand dollars at a competition. Located at the Ritz Carlton here in Phoenix. As for me it takes about six beers to relax so I can dance.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Few white people can't dance for the same reason few whites can box.  We...whitey, don't have that great of lateral movement.  I learned this time after time from my boxing trainer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Are you asking why white people can't dance in contemporary (black?) fashion?

Perhaps many white kids don't give dancing 101 the same priority as black kids growing up. You know, same reason a lot of black kids can't ride a horse.

It is basically a cultural thing and differing values.

This is also why black people generally can't square dance.

Anymore obvious questions?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
So, all white kids know how to ride a horse?

C'mon, SteyrAug, the dancing thing is a sweeping generalization and so is the horse riding thing.

I think that Blacks have mo' betta rythym because their history here in America shows that they sang and danced A LOT to deal with being slaves and the F'ed situation they had to deal with at the time.  So, yes, I guess you can say that they did give dancing, music, and singing more attention because it was an outlet.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that a Black person could pick up square dancing quicker than a white person could pick up dancing something else...don't you think?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Culture, I think.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Lets talk about swimming and skiing.......
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#23]
FYI I was runner up class dancer for my class. One of my little yearbook fames. The only thing keeping me from winning it was my lack of breakdancing skill.

But I still won for biggest appitite! I gotta put that pic up sometime. Me jammin a whole big slice of pizza in my mouth at once. Everyone thought it was hilarious!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#24]
i doubt that condolezza rice and colin powell are very good dancers [:D]

but its generally true that white people over 30 should NOT be allowed to do any modern dancing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are you asking why white people can't dance in contemporary (black?) fashion?

Perhaps many white kids don't give dancing 101 the same priority as black kids growing up. You know, same reason a lot of black kids can't ride a horse.

It is basically a cultural thing and differing values.

This is also why black people generally can't square dance.

Anymore obvious questions?
View Quote

I think it's also a question of "style".
If you don't like MY STYLE of dancing, I'll give you some math problems to do! That'll shut you up!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:02:28 AM EDT
[#26]
[red][size=6]WHAT?????!!!!!!  I CAN'T DANCE????!!!![/size=6][/red]

How will I break this to my children?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Why is everybody getting so defensive? You know that he's right? As for the answer, I don't have any fucking idea. I guess for the same reason that most white guys can't dunk a basketball....because they aren't black.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I have about as much rhythm as a 1974 Ford Pinto with water in the gas, needing a tune up...

It has never been anything I have placed any priority on.

Part of it is culture, but part of it is racial.  Each flavor of humanity has its own specialities.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:04:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, all black kids can dance?

C'mon, SteyrAug, the dancing thing is a sweeping generalization and so is the horse riding thing.
View Quote
Oh, kind of like this following statement by you.

I think that Blacks have mo' betta rythym because their history here in America shows that they sang and danced A LOT to deal with being slaves and the F'ed situation they had to deal with at the time.  So, yes, I guess you can say that they did give dancing, music, and singing more attention because it was an outlet.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that a Black person could pick up square dancing quicker than a white person could pick up dancing something else...don't you think?
View Quote
Yeah, right.  Talk about generalizations.  I suppose bruthas can do anything better than whitey, huh.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why is everybody getting so defensive? You know that he's right? As for the answer, I don't have any fucking idea. I guess for the same reason that most white guys can't dunk a basketball....because they aren't black.
View Quote
No, I don't know he's right.  Back in the '70s, I used to regularly win dance contests at nightclubs, beating other honkies and the bruthas too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Because our huge dongs get in the way....
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:47:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Observations & Commentary:

1. Nothing is more pathetic than white folks square-dancing.

2. The Irish "RiverDance" style of dancing with your feet moving around like someone gave you a hotfoot, but your arms held down and motionless is so you don't spill the drink you have in each hand.

3. I've never seen black kids sit still, so it's either in their blood or they have weak bladders.

4. I've been told I'm pretty good at the 'ol Horizontal Bop.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well I, for one, am very musically challenged. If I want to play music I turn on the radio.

I got no rhythm, I got no rhyme, I got no soul. So how the hell can anybody expect me to be a good dancer? [:D]
View Quote

I know what you meen... I can f--k up the beat of a punk song if I tried to play it... [%|] I tried and it was not pretty... lmao
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Evidently, a more appropriate title for this overtly racist thread would have been:  

[b]Why can't white people even spell the word "rhythm" correctly?[/b][;)]

I'm sure I'd be able to find some more time to learn how to dance if most of my day wasn't spent on this fucking board, knee deep in Republican, AWM assholes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a musician and everybody knows musicians don't dance.

For me personally, after watching people dance badly in front of the band I stop and think "would I look like that!?!"

I refuse to embarrass myself...

However, if sex was involved...I'd probably do it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:08:05 AM EDT
[#36]

For me personally, after watching people dance badly in front of the band I stop and think "would I look like that!?!"

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I only thought it was guy's over 6' tall that could not dance![:O]

And yes I am well over 6' tall...and I can not dance![:(]

I do have very good rhythm though.[@:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
So, all black kids can dance?

View Quote
Oh, kind of like this following statement by you.

View Quote
Yeah, right.  Talk about generalizations.  [red]I suppose bruthas can do anything better than whitey, huh.[red]
View Quote

I give up...LOL....cuz this is one of those topics that have been [beathorse]

And by the way, LarryG, I didn't mean that "bruthas can do anything better than whitey."  I guess I was just trying to defend Blacks a little because I knew that their aren't any on this board to chime in and defend themselves.  I guess I just get kinda tired of all the racial bashing here.  And, of course, since the majority of the board here is white it's going to be centered on OTHER groups.  Hey, I know it's not everyone, but sometimes it does get bad here.  I don't see it as much on other "gun boards," but maybe I haven't been on long enough on other boards to see it.  I really like this site and believe that there are a bunch of good people here, but, like I said, hearing all the negative stuff just gets lame after awhile.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I respectfully disagree that white folks can't dance.
I was in the professional dance field for 2 decades, and met many incredibly talented white dancers.
All styles, African, Belly Dance, Ballet. Modern Dance, Asian forms.
This is a lady I worked with for years before I retired.
She is now 50, and still looks and dances like lightning, can follow any rhythm, count, and measure. Btw, she is pure blooded Czech.
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~evacernik/images/evainwhite3.jpg[/img]

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~evacernik/calendar.htm#concerts[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have been told that I'm pretty fly...for a white guy.

Actually, I was hopeless until age 15 when a girl invited me to a Sadie Hawkins dance in high school and [i][b]taught[/b][/i] me to dance.

White people, this is for you:

[b]You have to move your ass to dance.
It's not a suggestion, it's the law.[/b]
View Quote

If anyone comes up to me on the dance floor with that suggestion, he's going to find his fat lips are even fatter. Ones dance should reflect their interpretation of the music, and not be locked into a rote set of predetermined patterns of foot and ass movement.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your Browning HP looks just like my brother-in-law's. He's a good dancer, but he's hispanic.

I'm white, and I'm a pretty marginal dancer, but I'm damn good at math.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your Browning HP looks just like my brother-in-law's. He's a good dancer, but he's hispanic.

I'm white, and I'm a pretty marginal dancer, but I'm damn good at math.
View Quote

?????

Hey, wait a minute!  Your brother-in-law has a BHP, dances well, and is a Hispanic?  Wow, he's just like me! I see a freaking pattern here!  Oh yeah, my math isn't that great, either.  Although, my girlfriend who is also Hispanic knows how to do calculus...hmm, maybe she isn't Hispanic afterall?

[wave]

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#45]
White guys can't dance?

You obviously did not let this person know:
[img]http://www.altocelebs.com/v/vanilla-ice/c-001777-pi-109568.jpg[/img]
Get it, Vanilla!! Yizzo
[img]http://www.altocelebs.com/v/vanilla-ice/c-001777-pi-109570.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a former musician AND music teacher, here's another blow to this ill-founded sense of racial proprietorship: not all black people have "rhythm" and not all white people are musically stiff as a board and arhythmic. That is an utter canard. I can remember teaching teenage black guys to play the bass and guitar, and several seemed just not to get the "groove thing" whereas some white kids did, quite easily. And vice versa. I found it tough to generalize, the more people I taught. I think it's a question of interest and career viability; if a certain activity is not hip among one's peers, one's not going to make a living at it. (Think about that one for a minute.) I also met a lot of black kids who loved hard rock, but were sheepish about admitting it, though. (This was LOOONG before Living Colour....)
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Besides real men don't dance anyway.  It's a girlyman thing.
View Quote

Complete and total bullshit.

I was given a very important piece of advice by a very very hot, attractive woman a long time ago... men dance like they fuck and every woman knows it.

From my experience, a guy who can really dance can get all the poonanny he wants.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top