Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
i gotta vent. got my c&r last fall. the paperwork included a notice that said that all applications now go to atlanta and that any sent to washington would no longer be forwarded. no problem.
now comes this past january and i want to submit a form 1 to short barrel my uzi.i remember the part about applications not being forwarded and call atlanta to ask if that is the correct place to mail in the form 1 app, they say yes.
i mail the forms and a $200 money order.
4 months go by and i hear nada. call my credit union up, they say money order cashed 3 months earlier. call atf, they know nothing. i get my examiner, he says resubmit forms. i resubmit along with photo copy of cashed money order and written explaination. i had already talked this all through with my examiner.
today, i get a big 'ol letter from that same examiner......
[red]he wants the $200 application tax [/red]
fucktard motherfuckers !!! [cuss]
i'm steaming. i can't wait till morning to get him and the atf ombudsman on the phone.
i definately won't pay the $200 twice because they can't figure this out.

ok, i feel better now; not as good as i would if i had some bullit therapy, but better.
de-escalate, rant off.

editted to say that red x is supposed to be the red cussing smiley but i botched the attachment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Angry people like you shouldn't even own guns!!!
[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
well. mr hineline, it's like this. the atf likes to use up old forms . the forms for my c&r state right on them that they get mailed to washington, BUT, they slipped in an addendum that stated that address was no longer valid -even though THAT IS THE ADDRESS ON THE FORM.so, just because a form has an address on it, doesn't mean that that is current and/or correct. knowing this, i called to ask, which is the correct thing to do if you are unsure. the atf office in atlanta did in fact tell me that it should be mailed to them, who am i to second guess that? my money order was made out to the dept of the tresury and had my ffl # on it to note it as mine. the nfa and all other departments/ subdivisions within the atfe deposit their checks into the same banks. i had called and talked to my examiner about this, all they had to do was confirm the money order was deposited, my records would indicate that i have nothing from them that cost me that $200, and therefor, that money was indeed to be credited towards my form 1. i sent them a photocopy of the cashed money order and the contact information for my credit union. the photo copy had the dates, bank id, and account #'s from them cashing it, proof enough that the money is in their account, and again, they can't show it as going towards anything else.
when i last talked to the examiner about this, he had all of this on his desk right in front of him. so, for him to now ask again for another $200, i would say that he would have to dispute that they had gotten any amount of money at all out of me, which he did not.
funny how the money order got cashed, yet someone didn't have the integrety to pass on the rest of the application and that it went missing.
seeing as the only thing that i messed up on was to mail it to the wrong address, which i was told BY THEM was the correct address, i would say that that does not make me the fucktard and i don't appreciate your implication that i am.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
...Sue em, they screwed up you application. Sue em for a few 'blank check' form 4's [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
reading your reply made it sound as if it was i that was the fucktard. my apologies if no slight was intended. i'm all set now, but for a moment or two i was just soooo pissed at this  situation. i don't punch holes in walls or kick the cat or otherwise "lose it" when i get angry, so it takes a bit of time to simmer down sometimes. i'll get good 'ol examiner anton on the phone after work and see what it's gonna take to get this squared away.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
If you really want to get their attention, put a 'stop payment' on the check. Make sure you have fire insurance first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top