Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 1:58:29 PM EDT
I was in my favorite gun shop this morning (Lexington Arms) when a fellow comes in with 2 Bushys and a DSA FAL to put up for sale on consignment.  Turns out his girlfriend is moving in with him and she doesn't like guns. [:(]

So I tell him he should find a better GF.  Nope, he says, this one's a keeper.  He is keeping his AR180B, at least.  I wonder how long that lasts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats some real bullshit.

Anyguy who does that doesnt deserve a dick, for he probably pees sitting down.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
not even married and she's already leading him around by the short hairs?

what a puss, somebody who deserves those guns will buy them maybe...............
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Col 3:18-19
18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
NIV
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife knew about my hoploholism not long after we met.  She also knew that a sizeable portion of my collection was my grandfather's, and was not going anywhere under any circumstances.  She was pretty disinterested... not caring about my habit, so long as she didn't have to deal with it.

Now, she's pretty mean with my dad's S&W M41, and warming up to my P32.  Baby steps, but still not bad.

Fortunately, I was never in a position where I had to choose... because she wouldn't have liked the choice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd bet he'd never been institutionalized....err,oops...I mean "married" before.[rolleyes] He probabally want the money to get her a ring. Po-bastard. She's starting to train him already, he musta been young.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]
And the feminization of America continues! I don’t know whether to laugh, cry or vomit!

But on the other hand, it must be some really good nookie! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It's funny when my wife (which is a keeper) and I started to date I took her out and got her interested in shooting, funny now she carries a Glock 19 and can out shoot most guys I know.

This guy will be voting for a [b]left-wing liberal[/b] in the upcoming election. Mark my Words.

P.S. Please try to talk some sense [slap] into him I will bet she is just trying to see how far he is willing to go to keep her. [sex]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Another one bites the dust.

What a waste.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Little Head: 1
Brain: 0

He's got a long(?) life ahead of servitude.  Bet she tells him how to dress as well. Disgusting.

Kevin
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I said it before and I’ll say it again; I posed the gun question to my wife on the second date.  No sense of moving forward with things if she was an anti.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
... I had that happen to a brother in Seattle.

(Jeremy, are you lurking out there?)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Seriously, do you know how much he is asking and what models are they? I might be interested in one of them if they are the right price and models.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously, do you know how much he is asking and what models are they? I might be interested in one of them if they are the right price and models.
View Quote

I don't remember prices.  You could shoot Lexington an email and find out.  They're a dealer here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
The next wife will have to be content with my love of guns, fast cars, and rock and roll. Oh, yea, her too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sorry...this just reminds me of a piccolo quote....something like:

"Holy shit, Bob. That's gotta be some powerful pussy to make a man change gods."
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Col 3:18-19
18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
NIV
View Quote
Hmm, so are you single or divorced... [;)]
View Quote

Single, never been married.

Notice I included verse 19!

A wife should be a partner, an equal, yet the man should have the final say good or bad, right or wrong. [red]If[/red] the husband is seeking after the Lord with his whole heart submission to his authority will not be hard on his wife, she will actually feel safer and more loved in that situation.

When he is wrong, he should face it like a man and make it right, the wife should not hold it over him, forgive him and continue to support him and follow his leadership.

Marrying any less is asking for trouble. I'd rather be single than have any less.

Eph 5:22-25
22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
NIV
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]
That guy is an idiot.  He should have kept the DSA and let the AR180b go (if he had to).

Besides, a year from now the GF will have made off with his balls, and he won't have a good battle rifle.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Always another chick around the corner. Of course, there's other guns also but they won't nag. On the other hand a good woman will do the dishes and won't mind you buying another gun!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one.

My wife will not let me keep my side lock .50 (Black Powder musket) on the wall anymore. She is worried that my 16 month old little girl will load it. I have a closet I built just for my WMD's and it is full. When I built it, it looked HUGE! Now I have to reach and step carefully.
I keep telling her the guns are no good if they are locked up! She just keep smacking me in the head with WHAT IF.
My dad rasied 5 of us. He never had a safe. He would just keep all of the amunition for the guns that we could load at my uncle's house.
When we were old/strong enough to load a firearm he would take us out in the dirt and show us how to use and clear it. We never had a problem.

My .02
Samuel

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a doofus, he doesn't deserve those rifles anyway.
View Quote

[:X*]

Exactly. When he hand over two Bushys for his woman, he hand over two testicles too.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Met a guy like that once. Said his mommy taught him that. That way he didn't make a mess. Moron was stupid enough to say this at the dinner table! LOL,

Needless to say his mommie raised him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Once upon I time, I was told to sell a gun for "extra" money. She was told to sell a diamond ring to support the cause. We found other means. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have one.

My wife will not let me keep my side lock .50 (Black Powder musket) on the wall anymore. She is worried that my 16 month old little girl will load it. I have a closet I built just for my WMD's and it is full. When I built it, it looked HUGE! Now I have to reach and step carefully.
I keep telling her the guns are no good if they are locked up! She just keep smacking me in the head with WHAT IF.
My dad rasied 5 of us. He never had a safe. He would just keep all of the amunition for the guns that we could load at my uncle's house.
When we were old/strong enough to load a firearm he would take us out in the dirt and show us how to use and clear it. We never had a problem.

My .02
Samuel

View Quote

Dude, you need a safe. Seriously.
Your wife'll get off your back and it really is a good idea--for all kinds of reasons.
Of course, thinking a toddler can load and fire a musket is a little irrational. but then again, she is a woman!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single, never been married.
A wife should be a partner, an equal, yet the man should have the final say good or bad, right or wrong. If the husband is seeking after the Lord with his whole heart submission to his authority will not be hard on his wife, [red]she will actually feel safer and more loved in that situation.[/red]

Marrying any less is asking for trouble. I'd rather be single than have any less.

View Quote
Do you meet many women who would agree with that? I'm betting even if they said they'd agree with you after the marriage you would find out that the deal changed. Just curious, I actually like my womenz more assertive than that.
View Quote

No kidding. My wife stands beside me, not behind me, if you get my meaning. Who would want a shrinking violet? Besides, my wife is too good with a .45 for me to order her around.

bvmjethead, just make sure you tell the woman that she has to submit on the first date, it'll be safer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]
hmmmm....

Looks like I need to head over to Longmont tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The gentleman made his choice.HIS DECISION.
AB
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]
my wife let me put an armalite ar-10c on the credit card as my gift for the year............

and by the way, when i was growing up, i could have loaded and fired any gun my dad owned without much trouble at all.........i didnt because i was TAUGHT BETTER!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have one.

My .02
Samuel

View Quote

THE DAY my son was born, I went down and bought him a Chipmunk .22 single-shot bolt action rifle.

AT age 3, he could load it, chamber it, (not cock it, manual spring is too hard for little hands [;)]) and pull the trigger, then eject the brass and reload.

AT age 5, he grasped the concept of open-sight alignment abd started hitting small targets at 25yards then 50yards.

AT age 7, if he can see it and it is in range, he can hit it, period.

ALL OF THIS IS DONE AT THE RANGE WITH PROPER EYE AND EAR PROTECTION UNDER THE CLOSEST OF ADULT SUPERVISION!

Last time at the range, he tried my M4. Low recoil and it makes water-filled 2 liter pop bottles EXPLODE. He thinks the Eotech is easy because it's like playing GameBoy. He prefers a 30 round mag to a single shot now too, after he found the "gas pedal" on a semi auto more to his liking.

My kid is never left alone in our house and neither are his friends

WHAT IF he found a gun, even at a friend's house?
HE knows it could be loaded, what it WILL do, and he knows what to do, it's not some mystery to be explored.

WHAT IF he wants to try it? We take it to the range and he decides if he wants to shoot it (he wants nothing to do with my 7mm Rem Mag or anything else that can kick his dad so hard)

Keep your weapons unchambered. If the kid is strong enough to rack the slide, they're big enough to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top