Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 12:37:19 PM EDT
Damn, it got the attention and probably not the best choice in apparel for an airport.

All the people on the plane stared at me during boarding.

Sanding by the luggage carousel the wife of a mid-aged couple (behind me and within earshot) says: “Look at that T-shirt he’s wearing, my God”
The husband replies: We’re in Texas, I sat next to a guy [on the plane] with a camouflage hat on.

Across the luggage carousel is an ordinary Joe with a mossy oak baseball hat on. I laughed and turned to acknowledge the petty (but slightly entertaining) discussion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a assault style baseball hat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

A Hi-Cap, Cap?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing wrong with wearing gun/military related apparel at the airport. You just have to fine-tune it a bit. I was wearing flecktarn shorts and a mossy oak shirt to pick up my mother at D/FW
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A Hi-Cap, Cap?
View Quote

I hope that was some pre-ban mossy oak or he could be in some serious trouble.
View Quote

Thank God it wasnt Marpat, can you imagine the panic??[:\]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear my ARFOM shirt everywhere...mixed responses...no body has the balls to approach though..HEHEHEHEHE
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was wearing flecktarn shorts and a mossy oak shirt to pick up my mother at D/FW
View Quote

[fashion police] Thats like wearing, plaid with plaid [/fashion police]

[puke]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.

Maybe I'll wear my new t-shirt when I fly to Oregon on friday:

[img]http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/diversity-shirtfront.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cool.

Maybe I'll wear my new t-shirt when I fly to Oregon on friday:

[url]http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/diversity-shirtfront.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Damn, I want one of those shirts! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Boomholzer: my camo hat is off to you, lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was wearing my AFRCOM shirt (black with the yellow AR on the back) at the Bellagio in Vegas, New Years Eve, playing blackjack.

Guy next to me asks, "You're wearing a shirt with a machine gun on it?  Won't that scare people?"

View Quote

"Don't worry, it's unloaded."
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Across the luggage carousel is an ordinary Joe with a mossy oak baseball hat on.
View Quote

I would have made sure that the guy was really a hunter and had earned the right to wear that hat, or else I would have kicked his ass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I wore my BFG-50 "Vote from the rooftops" shirt to work the other day. I usually reserve t-shirts for weekends when it's more relaxed, but I was running a little late and just grabbed the first shirt I came to.

Later that day my supervisor, who is a woman but isn't technically my boss, asked me what it meant. I didn't really want to get into a discussion about it with her so I just said with a straight face, "It's a joke about shooting government officials". She just said, "Oh". I laughed my head off when she walked away.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was wearing my AFRCOM shirt (black with the yellow AR on the back) at the Bellagio in Vegas, New Years Eve, playing blackjack.

Guy next to me asks, "You're wearing a shirt with a machine gun on it?  Won't that scare people?"

"Yes."  [devil]
View Quote

Nice to know you dressed up for the occasion.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Guy next to me asks, "You're wearing a shirt with a machine gun on it? Won't that scare people?"
View Quote

[rolleyes] You wonder how people who are so timid that mere pictures of guns on a t-shirt scare them ever manage to work up the courage to step outside their front door in the morning.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#18]
IBTL!

Someone said "TAPRAM"!!![:O]

OMG! Somebody was wearing Camo!...in Texas!
Oh the agony! Oh the shamelessness of it all!

Could we get an AR15.com tshirt in TAPRAM?

Only for "Team Members" of course![BD]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A Hi-Cap, Cap?
View Quote

I hope that was some pre-ban mossy oak or he could be in some serious trouble.
View Quote

[red]Thank God it wasnt Marpat, can you imagine the panic??[/red][:\]
View Quote

Noone would be able to see his head and would think there had been a horrible accident.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

"Don't worry, it's unloaded."
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!  

I'll have to remember that one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't forget to pick up several gun magazines in the airport bookstores.

Try wearing the shirt that says this:
"I solve all my problems with high explosives." I wonder what might happen...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I can feel your pain.

I had an H&K t-shirt on during 9-11 stranded in the Toronto airport for three days. We couldn't access our luggage and the t-shirt shops weren't open.
The Canadian security guards were doing double takes every time they saw me. Luckily most of the sheeple didn't know what an H&K was.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I wear my ARFCOM shirt up here in Witchy-Scratchy, I mean, Wichita Falls all the time, and no one cares. Being a military town, it's almost the norm.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I wore one of mine into DC yesterday for a VA VocRehab appointment. Got of the Metro and was waiting at a 'do not cross' light when this older guy asked me what kind of t-shirt I was wearing, while looking at the AR15.com logo.
I replied "a Hanyes Beefy T".
He said "Oh..Okay."

And then I got to the VA for my appointment, and was discussing some of my intrests, and I mentioned gunsmithing, so the lady asked me if I had guns.
I said "Yes, I do."
Then she said "well, I hope that you keep them unloaded and locked up!!"
To which I replied: "Yust the ones that I don't have on me!"
Then she asked if I had a permit, and said of course I had a CCH.

Too bad I was totally unarmed in DC except for my Surefire Z2. I could at least have blinded a mugger!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn, I want one of those shirts!
View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I could wear a fencing shirt, but most people wouldn't get 'em.  

One that shows a man with a sword holding a severed head that says "Screw right of way, I got the touch!"

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I love wearing my [url=http://www.libertyoutlet.com/store/bystore.html?store=2]"I am not armed, please don't hurt me"[/url] shirt to work.  It's even more fun in the airport.  [:D]

Inevitably, though, I get someone that takes it seriously and "agrees" that guns are bad.  It's amazing that people like that survive to adulthood without stepping out in front of a truck or something.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#29]
So if I wear a t-shirt that says "rat-a-tat-tat" would that start a panic?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#30]
I have an old Khaki shirt/jacket (cut is similar to BDU) with assorted patches on it.  This is my range jacket.  One of the patches has Wiley E. Coyote holding the road runner by the neck and saying "Beep Beep Your Ass".  I wore it to the grocery store and a little kid noticed the patch and was upset about wiley catching the bird.  Then the mother read it and started preaching at me.  I told her to be glad I wasn't wearing the one where Wiley is stuffing the bird.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I like my Molon Labe shirts. Subtle enough for work, but recogonizable by my peers.

They've been the cause of some interesting discussions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top