Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 9:26:16 AM EDT
Well at 4 PM EDT Miami will announce if it will leave the Big East for the ACC.  Virginia Tech has already said it will bolt.  What do y'all think about this?

I for one ,as a long time fan off Southern college football, love it.  I never liked the Big East.  I love the idea of a conference that will rival the SEC.  There can now be a true debat on which conference is better (before it was always a bit loopsided toward the SEC).

I also find it funny that all these Big East fans are crying about it.  They forget that they grabbed teams in a similar mannor from the Atlantic 10 conference.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Once you get away from basketball, the Big East is a total joke. All that whining & threatening of lawsuits just shows what a bunch of fags the Big East really is.

But if you remember when FSU joined the ACC, Bowden said he didn't want to be in a conference with Miami as FSU wanted to win national championships.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a die hard big east BASKETBALL fan. Couldn't care less about BE football.

As a matter of fact it is no great (basketball) loss to have V. Tech and Miami bail. If the ACC wants, they can have West Virginia and Rutgers as well.

Mike

P.S. This should make for a nice BE vs. ACC B. Ball rivalry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]
ESPN.com is reporting that Miami will join the ACC for the 2004-5 season.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been 11 years since I graduated from Virginia Tech.  To be honest, I don't really care.

All large university sports programs are a crock of shit anyway.  If anyone believes that these guys are students, they are kidding themselves.  It pisses me off that alumni don't care about this!  Modern university athletics are a giant publicity stunt.  I don't mind true students being involved in sports, or even being there on a sports scholarship.  I do mind the recruitment of people who have no business with a high school diploma (much less a shot at a Degree), being spoon fed just enough success to pass the administrative requirements for being a student.  It's a giant publicity stunt, priming the alumni donation and fan merchandising pumps.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I also find it funny that all these Big East fans are crying about it.  They forget that they grabbed teams in a similar mannor from the Atlantic 10 conference.  
View Quote

Yup. The local papers haven't brought this angle up. What goes around comes around.

I personally couldn't care less. I spend my fall in the woods anyway...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The Big East just became to little of a challenge for my 'Canes! It is time to conquer the ACC, and then when we are done stomping there, we'll try and move on to the SEC. Bowden is a realist, he knows all too well the threat that UM poses to his national championship hopes. I believe that UM rightly should be part of the SEC, but then those teams will cry and whine! I hope UM's decision is to leave the Big East. Our b-ball team will improve because of it. GO 'CANES!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry...I suppose we should call it the "Little East" now...HeHeHe...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Its probably best for the conf. but I never cared for the cheatinest program in the NCAA. Miami represents the worst in College athletics.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe that UM rightly should be part of the SEC, but then those teams will cry and whine!
View Quote

I seriously doubt Miami would be such the big dog if they had to play FL one week, then GA, then Bama, then Auburn & then Tennessee, etc. But now they get those powerhouses like Duke, NC State, UNC & other football powerhouses.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#11]
It's about greed which is what most things are about these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top