Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 8:16:20 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/06/30/supermarket.killings.ap/index.html[/url]

It was going to happen sooner or later.  Somehow, this will be linked to a push for more gun control.  They will want to outlaw these thing along with any other thing designed to "Kill People."

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this has been posted alredy.

On a side note,this morning when I was watching this story on the local news channel the reporter screwed up and said that the attacker "Shot" 2 people dead with the sword. LOL
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
"there can be only one!"
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes 3 minutes apart.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"there can be only one!"
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
With all due respect for the deceased I submit we start a Highlander thread. Damn I loved that show.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"there can be only one!"
View Quote

This might be the funniest reply ever to a post on this board!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
We'll probably never know for sure, but the sword used in this crime probably wasn't a "real" nihonto  (Authentic Japanese blade, not a replica) and probably wasn't even sharp.   But it'll cut you pretty good with a good swing anyway, though the injuries would not be very clean.

If it had been a "real" Japanese sword,  the death toll would probably be four or five.   They'll cut so efficiently that it takes little effort to cut someone badly enough that they can bleed to death in just a minute or two.

No doubt someone will push to get all martial arts supplies banned, including valuable heirloom  and antique swords owned by collectors.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
wow
i knew irvine was up for a murder sooner or later
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
wow
i knew irvine was up for a murder sooner or later
View Quote

These kinds of things aren't supposed to happen in the BUBBLE.  

This is the store my cousin and her husband shop at.  Scary!![shock]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#10]
And perhaps no one would have been killed if someone in the store had a CCW.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And perhaps no one would have been killed if someone in the store had a CCW.
View Quote

The odds of getting a permit in Irvine are Slim to None, and Slim just left town on the last stagecoach.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The odds of getting a permit in Irvine are Slim to None, and Slim just left town on the last stagecoach.
View Quote

[img]http://www.indyfan.com/gallery/wander/behind/btssword.jpg[/img]

And none just carjacked another innocent citizen because they could not defend themselves.

Hey Kid, remember when you come next month that open carry is legal here and Nevada does issue non-resident CCW's that are good in 6 or 7 other states if you ever want to invest the time and money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top