Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2001 6:28:45 AM EDT
Go to [url]www.packing.org[/url] and read the topic title 'gun buyback targets kids'.  It is a local MacDonald's and some state agency buying back toy guns because they 'send the wrong message'.  What an absolute joke this entire subject has become on the part of the anti's.  This is really pathetic.

You can straight to the article here:
[url]http://www.insidevc.com/vcs/ox/article/0,1375,VCS_238_392124,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The sinister message behind this is that "Guns are bad....unless it's the police that have them."  I've never seen it so blatantly advertised as in this article.

Just another step in the constant process of turning good citizens into compliant drones (I don't like the term "sheeple", but it's the best I've heard so far) that can be easily handled by an expanding government.  They do a nice job of turning each of us against the other.

I remember one theme of the great number of Louis L'Amour books (what a writer!) was that the "warrior" was looked up to with something like awe, during times of war.  Once the hard times were past, the great mass of common citizenry couldn't get rid of him fast enough.  The warrior is an embarrassment to the gentle public-- a throwback to less civilized times-- until there's trouble.  Then, he's pulled out of the closet, dusted off, and sent to give his life for an ungrateful public who cannot, or will not, do the job themselves.

Makes me want to cry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How can they buy BACK something they never owned in the first place.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's see, piece of wood, some nails, toy gun.  What's the going rate for toy guns and can they be mailed?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
How much are they paying? If this comes to my area I could become a very rich man! As they give me money for my fake AK I could say "Thank you very much, now I can afford a real one!"

Kyle
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep looking for a couple of my toy M-16s I had when I was a kid.  They were about 3/4 size and looked just like the real thing.  I would love to give them to my two boys, but I think my mother tossed them.  Too, bad they were really cool.  No stupid orange crap.  I'd pay to get those back.  Hey can I get in on this buy back!!!
guns7.62
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe that the article said they were swapping hamburger kid's meals and a frisbee for every gun turned in.  I can get squirt guns, like 3 for $1 at Dollar General.  Makes it really cheap to take my kids to lunch!

I wonder if it's a preban frisbee?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Saturday, more than 120 children dumped their toy guns in a large bin or signed a pledge for nonviolence
In return, they got a free hamburger meal and a Frisbee from the tactical team.

TOY GUN BUYBACK: McDonald's joins with correctional facility to urge kids to eschew violence.
California Youth Authority's tactical team in Camarillo
The family's changing attitude is a result of a weeklong anti-violence campaign at Brekke Elementary School.   California Youth Authority's tactical team in Camarillo

The family's changing attitude is a result of a weeklong anti-violence campaign at Brekke Elementary School.

TOY GUN BUYBACK: McDonald's joins with correctional facility to urge kids to eschew violence.
California Youth Authority's tactical team in Camarillo
Officer Arnulfo Loza and Lt. Howard Walther of the California Youth Authority's tactical team in Camarillo had visited the school to talk to children about why they should not use toy guns, and teachers discussed the issue with their students.
Saturday, more than 120 children dumped their toy guns in a large bin or signed a pledge for nonviolence. In return, they got a free hamburger meal and
a Frisbee from the tactical team.

The family's changing attitude is a result of a weeklong anti-violence campaign at Brekke Elementary School.

. In return, they got a free hamburger meal and a Frisbee from the tactical team.

Saturday, more than 120 children dumped their toy guns in a large bin or signed a pledge for nonviolence
In return, they got a free hamburger meal and a Frisbee from the tactical team.

The tactical team sponsored a toy-gun buyback for the first time as part of the campaign.

Eschew violece. Be lethargic. Chew on fat.
Training the potentially passive
masses of the future to insure decreased resistance.
Did somebody say McDonalds?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
"Saturday, more than 120 children dumped their toy guns in a large bin or signed a pledge for nonviolence"

Yeah right, that is the same as when they get 5year olds to sign a "true love waits" card. Some of them will, but most of them won't care later in life.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#9]
i wish they'd do that where i live. i'd turn in a broke super soaker for a happy meal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top