Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 4:27:33 PM EDT
I don't see too many AR part kits??  

well anyways a FAB10 lower would be around 276 dollars (i think) then how much does the rest of the stuff cost I would like to make a shorty like 16" barrel and collapsable stock sounds good?

so from reciever to a shooter how much will I have to spend?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several ways to do it. If you want an actual "kit", there are several companies under the [u]Dealer[/u] heading of the [url=ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=2]Industry Board[/url]that sell packages with everything but the lower.. I always build mine from scratch, mostly from parts purchased off the [url=ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7]EE[/url]
Figure on >$300 for the FAB, and ~$400 for the kit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.jtdistributing.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.model1sales.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.m-aparts.com/index.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Its free!

The parts are what cost ya![;)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it better to buy a 80% lower receiver and finish it, then just get a lower parts set and an upper?
Much price difference?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I built my Oly from a kit and I am happy with it. The upper was assembeled and test fired for an extra $20. $518 total in 1999. Now the same kit will set you back about $550. Man you can't beat that deal!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I just realized I don't no Shit about ar's maybe I will just buy a complete fab 10.

so I need a upper with barrel + a lower and a lower part kit then a stock?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You don't need to know shit about an AR to stick one together. The instructions are on this site. I put mine together on my lap in front of my 'puter looking at the direction on this site. It took about 45 minutes to do the whole thing once you lay the parts out and lable them according to the instructions. If you can put a set of plugs in a car you can build an AR! (hey that kinda rymes, huh).

Trust me on this. You wont regret the experience and the satisfaction quotient is way up there. I am planning my next build all the time. Gotta remember that the 1911 comes next though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My 1st (and only so far) build cost, from stripped lower receiver to shooter, $605.  I paid $100 for an Eagle Arms stripped lower from a local guy here in town and ordered a 16" CAR kit from [url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url] for $504.71.  It took about 45 minutes to assemble it (with my 2 year old daughter trying to "help" me).  I have since added about $500 more onto it with the addition of an Aimpoint Comp ML2, a #38 STD SWAN sleeve, and ARMS 22M68 mount.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You don't need to know shit about an AR to stick one together. The instructions are on this site. I put mine together on my lap in front of my 'puter looking at the direction on this site. It took about 45 minutes to do the whole thing once you lay the parts out and lable them according to the instructions. If you can put a set of plugs in a car you can build an AR! (hey that kinda rymes, huh).

Trust me on this. You wont regret the experience and the satisfaction quotient is way up there. I am planning my next build all the time. Gotta remember that the 1911 comes next though.
View Quote

good to hear I have worked on a couple of 1911's and I just put together a 327 small block so if its simple I will be ok.

but thats working with stuff I have taken apart many times.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
someone in the EE is selling RRA lowers for $92, then J&T Dist has a kit for $449.95

Gives you a total of less than $550 +shipping

But you only need the kit and your fab10 lower.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
why a fab10? California?  The last kit I put together was a J&T 16" on a PWA lower. J&T kit $449, PWA lower $90. With shipping and handeling about $550 for everything, and VERY easy to assemble
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
trust me I would never put together one of these bastardized ar's if I didn't have to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top