Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Indeed sir.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
kcolg30 does not like that you are making fun of SNAPONS...
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Man Id tried to warn my buddy to stick with cheap tools when he decided to try turning wrenches because I already knew he wouldnt stixk to it.
First fucking day the Mac truck stopped he had to have a 500 dollar socket set, 350 dollar impact and a 300 dollar tool cart.
He was there for exactly two months. And hid from the Mac guy for 6.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
There's always Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That is only funny because it is true.

<-------------------- Snap-On assault victim for years
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard that Snap-on has low start up franchise costs and has special pricing for veterans looking to start a small business. What do buy besides your truck and inventory?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been using Sears Craftsman tools, but recently started getting Kobalt tools from Lowe's.
Now I got a mix of sockets and wrenches from Craftsman and Kobalt.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my rape van. '95 B3500, flat black, " I'm 4 Kids" license plate and a Danzig sticker on the back glass. I need to drive it more often.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've heard that Snap-on has low start up franchise costs and has special pricing for veterans looking to start a small business. What do buy besides your truck and inventory?
View Quote

You actually don't buy that either.

My  Snap-On rep started his route with $36,000.  It was a deposit on the truck and inventory.  Snap-On maintains a minimum amount of inventory for the truck. You basically make a payment to them on that minimum inventory, while buying (or getting other wise) additional inventory that might be faster moving items.  They also have monthly specials, reward for certain sales goals, or if you buy additional inventory, etc.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup. My dealer's is really good, though. I've gone to his house to get tools repaired, seen him swap out off brand tools for Snap-On at no charge, and last month he raffled a Ruger AR15. Every winter we get pretty decent work coats from him for free, just got to make our standard weekly payment for ten weeks straight.  The tools are stupid expensive, but they're as high quality as it's going to get.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You saw what I did!
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I actually got yelled at for posting that on facebook.  Fucking SJWs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I actually got yelled at for posting that on facebook.  Fucking SJWs.
View Quote

Is that before or after, the calendars turned gay?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Bahaha. Our Mac dealer gets me every week. I spent $20K with him last year (shop owner with a tool habit).

The Snap On guy is a tool. Pun intended.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Fuck Snap-On

My buddy was storing his box in my garage.  Found the snapon guy at my house early one morning in my garage trying to get his box.  Snapon guy found himself laying on the floor at gun point and later arrested for b&e and trespassing.  Claimed he was trying to repo the box.   Corporate office called and offered me 1,000 bucks to drop charges and give them the box.  Said it was just a big misunderstanding.  I wouldn't do business with a company like that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

My buddy was storing his box in my garage.  Found the snapon guy at my house early one morning in my garage trying to get his box.  Snapon guy found himself laying on the floor at gun point and later arrested for b&e and trespassing.  Claimed he was trying to repo the box.   Corporate office called and offered me 1,000 bucks to drop charges and give them the box.  Said it was just a big misunderstanding.  I wouldn't do business with a company like that.
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Rape murder arson and rape
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

View Quote

Your avatar, sir.  You live up to it.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You misspelled Horror Fraught.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

View Quote

But did you take the offer?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

This.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

View Quote

So, you helped your buddy store stolen goods?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#27]
No I didn't take the offer lol.  I had to idea his shit wasn't his to start with.  I own a lot of tools but I pay cash and leave the store with them.  Had no idea people finance shit from a truck lol.  I made hm take his shit and go.  Over 6k for a fucking tool box is insane.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#28]
It's hard to find a Snappy dealer arounf here who isn't a douche.

All the good guys have retired.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

View Quote

While I don't condone the B&E on the Snapon guy's part, I have a hard time not thinking your friend stored the box in your garage in an effort to avoid repossession. He knew he wasn't making the payments. How did the Snapon guy know the box was in your garage? Electronic tracking? or were you one of his credit references?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Snap-on lost their goddamn mind.  Their prices are INSANE.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

While I don't condone the B&E on the Snapon guy's part, I have a hard time not thinking your friend stored the box in your garage in an effort to avoid repossession. He knew he wasn't making the payments. How did the Snapon guy know the box was in your garage? Electronic tracking? or were you one of his credit references?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Snap-On

Maybe the snap on "collectors" water boarded his buddy and made him talk
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Often chase down Snap-On/Mac tool vans with my Freightliner, good tools are worth it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Because Snap-On shit is so expensive?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because Snap-On shit is so expensive?
View Quote

That's the joke.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Snap-on lost their goddamn mind.  Their prices are INSANE.
View Quote

Clearly there is still a market or else they wont be putting around in their vans.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Man Id tried to warn my buddy to stick with cheap tools when he decided to try turning wrenches because I already knew he wouldnt stixk to it.
First fucking day the Mac truck stopped he had to have a 500 dollar socket set, 350 dollar impact and a 300 dollar tool cart.
He was there for exactly two months. And hid from the Mac guy for 6.
View Quote

Some of the best advice my dad ever gave was to buy a set of cheap tools just starting out. As you make more money and get more experience you'll know which tools you really need to drop some coin on and ones you can just get by with. And like your friend found out, turning wrenches isn't for everyone.

The other justification is that if you're a mechanic you're going to be fixing your own stuff at home anyway so as your collection grows the cheap tools get moved home and you end up with two tool sets.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#38]
How did the Snapon guy know the box was in your garage?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Buddy of mine just started selling Cornwell.

God damn that shit expensive. Cheaper than snap on but still.

Made right here in Mogadore as well
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have no idea how the guy knew.  My house is a pain in the ass to find and before I had the fence and gate up.  My guess was something in the box.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have no idea how the guy knew.  My house is a pain in the ass to find and before I had the fence and gate up.  My guess was something in the box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your buddy tell him where to find it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said he didn't but who knows.  This was 5-6 years ago and haven't talked to him much since.  He made some poor life choices and doesn't live around here anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top