Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 1:51:42 PM EDT

Have any of you guys liked a particular item of clothing that wasn't in style but you wore it anyway cause you liked it? To me, flight suits are so cool looking, and I'll probably pick one or two up at my local Army Surplus. I'll wear it around the house for sure to do yardwork and whatnot...hell, I'd wear them out in public too but get looked at strangely "what the hell is he wearing?"...Should I go with my sense of style or conform to contemporary fashion?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I try and not buy new jeans every year, well my last set were 3 years old and my niece was leaving my house and said "Bye [red]Uncle Highpants[/red]"....I'm getting new jeans. [:D]
View Quote

New screen name?[:D]

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know. Are raggedy jeans and ripped up T-shirts in style?

If I wear a cap I do "not" wear it backwards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this mean I have to get rid of my "Members Only" jacket[:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wear whatever I want.
What other people think [red]about what I wear[/red] doesnt matter to me.
View Quote

Ditto, red text is mine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just keep wearing whatever you want, eventually it will come back in style.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I want that white leisure suit get-up Johnny Depp wore in the movie "Blow" when he was walking through the airport with a suitcase full of coke.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have eclectic (I hate that frigging word) taste in haberdashery.

For example, today I was decked out in saddle shoes, bellbottomed jeans, Monkees doublebreasted shirt and Michael Jackson "Thriller" style jacket. All topped off with a Beanie & Cecil propeller chapeau.

People tend to give me lots of strange looks when I don such fashionable attire..Jealous bastards!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Have a really nice pair of Angels Flight pants for sale if you're looking (chocolate brown) [@:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want that white leisure suit get-up Johnny Depp wore in the movie "Blow" when he was walking through the airport with a suitcase full of coke.
View Quote

Haven't seen it. Is it worth the money to rent?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haven't seen it. Is the movie worth the money to rent?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

It's a good movie.

Of course Johnny Depp is such a talented actor, who rarely repeats a style of character, that pretty much anything he does is worth seeing just to see a good actor at work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I try and not buy new jeans every year, well my last set were 3 years old and my niece was leaving my house and said "Bye [red]Uncle Highpants[/red]"....I'm getting new jeans. [:D]
View Quote

New screen name?[:D]

View Quote

Isnt that one of ETH's secret fake troll screen names?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I wear BDU pants almost exclusively, but that is becoming trendy now(those flashy new camo patterns piss me off too).
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Navy coveralls are ridiculously comfy. I use them to work on my car. But I got mine for free, from the Navy [:)]. Not sure you can find them in a surplus store yet.

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Its has its monents, but i thought is was an ok popcorn flick
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#18]
uncle "High-Pants"...that's pretty funny.

If I can make one "fashion" recommendation. Buy a couple pairs of Royal Robbins 5.11 pants. They are a cross between Dockers & BDU pants. They will fit in anywhere and everyone (Womenz's) likes them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

And your parachute pants!!![:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I just wear what I like.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Whoa Now!!!!  I never went that far. I wasn't really into MC Hammer[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Whoa Now!!!!  I never went that far. I wasn't really into MC Hammer[:D]
View Quote

No, no, no...parachute pants were WAY before MC Hammer's time.  They were the early '80s style with all the zippers on them.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't abide by fashion trends, I set them.  I will personally take credit for the following trends:
Thick black glasses (buddy holly style), mesh baseball caps, and thick silver bracelets (on men)
all of which have blow up in an obscene way, go to any club in LA and you will see the in-crowd wearing them

My next trends will be:
very large tattoos of guns, diamond pinky rings (of both hands), and white socks with gucci loafers

However i don't suggest just any of you try to do this.  You have to have a keen eye for edgy stuff, and I'll admit, I'm quite a sexy bastard.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

It's a good movie.

Of course Johnny Depp is such a talented actor, who rarely repeats a style of character, that pretty much anything he does is worth seeing just to see a good actor at work.
View Quote

Depp is a good American actor that lives in [b]FRANCE![/b]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#25]
wearing polo shirts that are not "oversize" fit
some people wear them so loose the short sleeves hang below the elbows!

wearing classic Ray Ban "Wayfarer" sunglasses, I hardly see anybody wearing those anymore?

wearing shorts with my shirt tucked in, most people these days dont tuck in there t-shirts
anymore?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Or how about Depp's costumes portraying Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Now them's some duds!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top