http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22632
Pediatricians To Interogate Children On Parents Gun Ownership
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22632
Pediatricians To Interogate Children On Parents Gun Ownership
View Quote

Just put the AMA on the list of ANTI-AMERICAN HATE GROUPS!

These bastards kill more in a month because of their lack of skills, (remember they only practice medicine), than all the firearms deaths combined nationwide!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Consistent with its health-screening requirements referred to by the Chesbro bill, the AAP also includes a sweeping gun-control proposal in its list of model legislation. Titled the "Protection of Children from Handguns Act," one measure states that, "except in the hands of law enforcement officers or others specifically authorized by law, handguns serve no legitimate or lawful purpose, and constitute a hazard to the public health and welfare of the people, and especially of the children, of this State. [O]nly the prohibition of the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns will remove handguns from the homes and streets of this State, thereby reducing the risks of injury and death to children from handguns." - World Net Daily

Once again we have ourselves a bunch of Liberal Utopia-dwellers who think they can make the problem go away with laws.  They will never regulate the black market.  I don't know why, with all the brilliance and education they supposedly possess, they cannot figure out this simple fact.

The AAP needs to get a grip.  They have apparently made it their mission to disarm all of us, in 'the name of the children'.  Trauma kills and injures far more children each year than firearms do.  Why isn't the AAP lobbying for built in car seats for new cars, car booster seats for larger children, bicycle helmets, etc, etc?  

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
These bastards kill more in a month because of their lack of skills, (remember they only practice medicine), than all the firearms deaths combined nationwide!
View Quote

I posted something similar on another site some months ago.  I provided statistics and sources.  A (supposedly) doctor on the site went ape.  Said the numbers were false and, implied I had made them up.  He went by the name of Dr. Pain.  

Not all doctors fall into this category.  Our son's doc is shooter.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The paper you are referring to was titled "To Err Is Human" and was put out by the Institute of Medicine.  There has been a lot of controversy revolving around this paper.  A lot of folks in the medical community question the validity of the statistics in the study.  The study was a retrospective review.  Reviews were done of all admission seen at one New York hospital in 1984, and one Colorado hospital in 1992.  It was found that adverse events, injuries caused by medical management, occurred in 2.9% of NY admissions, and 3.7% of Colorado admissions.  This data was then extrapolated to 1997 hospital admissions for the whole country which was 33.6 million.  That is how they came up with the 'nearly 100,000 die each year from medical error'.  

Many folks in the medical community dispute these numbers.  Not because error does not happen, because it does.  They dispute them because it does not seem quite plausible to use 1984 and 1992 data from just two hospitals and then extrapolate.  What if these two hospitals had an increased number of adverse events that one year.  What if they have always had trouble with error?  

I think it is also worth mentioning that maybe we shouldn't always pin blame on the doctor's shoulders.  As a previous post pointed out, apparently all doctors are bastards and make errors all the time.  Well, suppose I clearly write in my orders to dispense 4.0mg of morphine to a patient.  If, at 4am, the nurse mistakenly dispenses 40mg and the patient codes and dies, then whose error is it?  

Medical errors are not the sole responsiblity of physicians, but are the responsiblity of the entire healthcare team:  doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiology techs, etc, etc.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Drjakeb,

I agree about the errors.  Medicine is equal parts Art, Science, Experience and Black Magic.  Even the most experienced Dr's make mistakes.  Likewise the patients don't follow the orders and still blame the Doctor.  The nurses make mistakes.  Even if people do everything right, people will die--sometimes there is a bad reaction to the medication that no-one knew would happen.  

I thought the proper designation for Four Milligrams of Morphine was 4mg not 4.0mg?

And, sometimes it is the Zebra.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top