Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 6:56:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the new google tool bar Ray, it stops this pop-up and every other one, and gives you tons of useful features.

Let me know if you need a link for it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
No spyware (I had it on a data analyzer for four days and it reported nothing it didn;t tell you about.)

get it at [url]http://toolbar.google.com/index-beta.php[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Try this: www.panicware.com    Stops about 99 % of the pop-ups for me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#5]
There is also a pop up stopper, it will stop the pop ups when using browser. Go to Panicware.com And you can remove MS Messenger and that will stop the random pop ups that come up when not browsing.
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Hit start, run, and paster this. Click Ok. Click the ok on the warning and it will be removed. No more internet pop ups.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
And it is good stuff to Ray.

Go to the images search and type in things like hooters, brittany spears and the like .
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I use Netscape & Norton's and don't have any problems with popups.  [coffee]

ED
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been getting bombarded by the same cxxx sucking popup from odysseusmarketing.com.   Bastards!
I am running Ad Muncher v4.4 and it has been taking care of almost all popups but that one keeps getting through.
It makes me very, very angry!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I was pop up free untill I screwed up and updated from microsoft update page. Now we get slotch ad's all the time ; with a few xxx ad's also. What was I thinking! Think I'll try that google toolbar also.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was pop up free untill I screwed up and updated from microsoft update page. Now we get slotch ad's all the time ; with a few xxx ad's also. What was I thinking! Think I'll try that google toolbar also.
View Quote

I started getting a bunch of crap after my last update also. Adaware didn't find anything so I ran Spybot S&D and found 99 (!!!)items...!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You go right ahead and throw dat old computer out de window Bobby Boucher. Computers is de debil!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
If I'm not mistaken, the google toolbar only stops the popups when not caused by clicking on a link and does nothing to the actual spyware.  I would still suggest that you get spybot s&d or if you have it, make sure that you have the latest version.  You could still be sending information out depending on your firewall configuration.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Is (spybot) under a different website? I'm willing to try it.

Or is it something I need to go down to Best Buy and purchase?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
You can donate to them.  But other than that, it is free.
[url]spybot.safer-networking.de/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top