Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 6:25:18 AM EDT
Being the die hard zombie movie aficionado I had to check out Danny Boyle's "28 Days Later".  The premice is that a highly contagious, violent-psychosis-inducing virus called "Rage" is released by accident into the British population.  The Infected (as they are termed) turn within 30 seconds of being exposed and go screaming monkey on whoever happens to be nearby.

Our intrepid heroes weave through a now-abandoned London whacking The Infected with baseball bats, riot truncheons and machetes with the odd Molotov cocktail thrown in for good measure.  Not MY first choice of weapons against opponents whose blood is potentially toxic.  When they finally encounter the military soldiers mow down waves of Infected with their L-85s and GPMGs.

Given this it's pretty evident that "Rage" wouldn't get very far on this side of the pond!  But to the pacified Brits, who can't even react to physical assault or be charged equally with the assaulter, this premice holds stark terror!

So if you love zombie movies like I do, do yourself a favor and pass on "28 Days Later"!

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Equally absurd was "Signs", where farmer single dad and his all-growed-up younger brother cower in a dark root cellar with the kids while some skinny alien does a B&E into the house. Finally, said skinny hydrophobic alien is dispatched with a Louisville Slugger. Right....

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
My sister who likes many movies I don't saw it, & said it sucks bad!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I love zombies too and thought 28 Days Later rocked.

It stands head and shoulders above anything Hollyweird has put out recently along with not having any actors from a WB show.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I enjoyed it plenty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
just goes to show you what happens when the
population is disarmed. How pathetic that these
people could not defend themselfs. If there
was every a movie to show the need and justification for firearms in society, this is
it. Substitite the virus "rage" for anti-social types who will be on the loose if a SHTF happens.
crap even my Walther P22 loaded with CCI velociter would have kicked some ass in London.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top