Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 9:00:59 PM EDT
Wow

That's all I have to say
This is my first major shoot so it was all new to me.

It was the first time I had seen many of the things most of you guys take for granted in action.

The guys there were awesome. Everyone was overly generous with their weapons. I know my Eagle Arms preban just sat there, I shot about 3 mags. The line was always full and just watching everything was awesome. I was just sitting there trying to catch everything. I would be sitting there waiting for the Howitzer (3 feet in front of me) to load up when I'd hear a full auto burst right next to me and I'd see an M60... or M249.....Uzi..... everything....

It was just all so amazing being my first time out.

Just wanted to be the first to post about Bulletfest [;)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad ya had fun, did sniper_wolf go??
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in the same vehicle with Elad....very cool. I've never shot anything full-auto before, the coolest thing I've shot before was Elad's preban (not that it isn't cool [;)]).

The people there were VERY nice, people I didn't even know were more than happy to let me shoot their stuff. The guy that was sharing a place in the "NY Tent" was happy to let me shoot his Sten, plus i got to shoot an M16, and an HK (53 I think? The full auto .308 carbine.), and then a Tommy Gun as well. Of course, a thanks to MickeyMouse for sharing his toys (M16, HK, Thompson).

Edit to say that MM is a mean, mean old man [;)] and that it was an HK 51.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[s]Of course, a thanks to MickeyMouse for sharing his toys (M16, HK, Thompson)[/s].
View Quote

Careful!  MM has his reputation as a curmudgeon to keep up!  We prefer the general public not find out what a nice guy he is.  LOL  [;)]
View Quote

So I shouldn't tell anyone about the big hug I gave him?

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I missed all you guys...  What end of the line were you on?

I was in the middle of the line with a buddy of mine who has a bunch of stuff.  I got to shoot a BAR, 1919, M60, Ma Deuce .50 cal, M16, MP40 and a few others I am missing...

We had people stopping by to look at his WW1 Hotchkiss French machine gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#6]
We (BenD, Tweet, Seth, HH, SniperWolfe, Aimless, GB, et all) were right of center of the line right beside the mini-gun.  Before lunch, all I could do was stand/sit in awe.  BenDover was right, it was sensory overload.  Just so much to take in.

I cant wait to go next year!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The mini-gun was on our right, down the line.

My buddy let me shoot his M16s to my hearts content.  I went through almost 1000 rounds myself.

How can I ever go back to semi-auto again...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#8]
We were in the awning immediately to the right of the mini. We were sharing tent space with the guy with the cannon and the Vickers.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]We were in the awning immediately to the right of the mini. We were sharing tent space with the guy with the cannon and the Vickers.[/b]

ah...down in the "low rent" neighborhood!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#10]
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[b]We were in the awning immediately to the right of the mini. We were sharing tent space with the guy with the cannon and the Vickers.[/b]

ah...down in the "low rent" neighborhood!

View Quote

If that was the ghetto of BF, I LIKED IT!!

When I was up on line with Aimless's HK-91, the guys on the minigun let loose.  Did you know that a minigun can set up a resonance in your head if your mouth is open?  That felt so wierd.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Campy, if Bulletfest is getting too crowded like you say, maybe you should have more than one a year.  Sounds like a lot of work though.  Maybe when you retire you could be a full-time full-auto shoot promoter?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top