Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 5:59:07 PM EDT
[url]http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20030628_531.html [/url]

-MORE-

[url]http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=3006089 [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw Europe. Put those cheese eating surrender monkeys in Liberia. Put some Germans in there, some Waffen SS.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey europe, piss on you.
Go get kofi and the boys and have at it.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me get this straight...  

Those assclowns in Europe and the UN want us to fight their wars, but stab us in the back when we try and fight our own?

This is bullshit, let them enforce their agendas with their troops and their money...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Those assclowns in Europe and the UN want us to fight their wars, but stab us in the back when we try and fight our own?

This is bullshit, let them enforce their agendas with their troops and their money...
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

what he said again...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The french are already there, isn't that enough?  [jump]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
We'd have to be nuts to get involved in African Civil Wars.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

But its for the children!!![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

But its for the children!!![rolleyes]
View Quote

Yeah, I can hear the liberal cry now.

1]The UN, led by the French delegation seek to entrap and embroil us in...

2]A war we cannot win because of the...

3]Horrific terrain leading to...

4]american body bags in large numbers and...

5]a loss of confidence back home in America with regards to it's gov't, military, and institutions which will...

6]reinstate the liberal agenda here for another 3 decades and...

7]Give the french and the UN the opportunity to kick us in the balls for years to come.

That WOULD be just like Viet Nam
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#10]
It's our responsibility. We founded the nation, and gave it to blacks, as reparations. They fucked it up, and it's our fault. It's just that easy.

So tell your younger brother, or your son, to get off his ass, and go enlist to serve his country...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
In some respects, we do have an obligation in Liberia.  It is a country we invented.  We haven't had much to do there since that butcher SGT MAJ Doe took over the country in '80.  If we do go, we go there w/out the French, the UN, and any other POS.  
We go to win.  We pick a side, preferedly one that is not a bunch of communist-nazi butcher types, and anniahlate the opposition.  

Tell the French, UN, and the rest to f*** off, it's our way!  It is the only way!  Any other way, will not happen.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We pick a side, preferedly one that is not a bunch of communist-nazi butcher types, and anniahlate the opposition.
View Quote

When did the Communists kiss 'n make up with the Nazis?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
As far as I am concerned, they are one and the same.  One  bases it's idealogy on racism, the other is an equal opportunity butcher.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]
not our country we have no intrest there so why risk our troops africa is a lost cuase not worth risking our troops  let the e.u get up off thier  lazy asses and take care of it for a change
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah France is in the Ivory coast, Only because the country is economically enslaved by them. France gets more than %50 of the countries income. They also stage inserrection and then "crush" it to justify their military presence. Fuck France. They are just as bad as Syria or Iran as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought the rule was:
after Somolia- fuck 'em - the whole continent. We don't go there anymore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm with Blister on this one. Liberia is the only country in africa worth even considering. We should go in and conquer, if we go in at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#20]
The one thing I consistently notice is that when we have tried to help some war ravaged, starving nation, we always get shit on in the end. Take a look at Somalia. We go there and send in 20,000 US Marines to help keep the peace and secure the food shipments. Most of the fighting settles down and things go pretty well for a while. Then Aidid (the only warlord who didn't want peace) started his crap, creating the need to send in Taskforce Ranger to deal with him.

Well, when we go in to do this the people are now well fed and suddenly we are "invaders". So many of the same people we helped to feed picked up weapons and fought against us! They really appreciated us didn't they? And what did we get out of it? Clinton pulls our troops out and we look like a bunch of asses to the rest of the world? And for what? Nothing!

I saw a program (taped it too) on the History Channel in which some Somalis were interviewed. One of them stated that "it didn't bother me at all seeing American soldier's bodies dragged through the streets" This slimy bastard we helped to feed didn't care at all. What's that say? It says to me that we shouldn't be concerned what happens to people in war torn regions fulla idiots who have created all of their own problems. If we are to send in a military force somewhere it should be to kick ass and take names. No other purpose. We didn't create all of these problems so let's let the locals take care of them. The US military is a fighting force. Not some bleeding heart sympathy group. We should keep this in mind when dealing with foreign relations. And one other thing......SCREW THE FRENCH!

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[red]European and U.N. leaders have urged the United States to take a lead role in such a peace force, citing the effectiveness of Britain's and France's military deployments in their former colonies of Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast.[/red]
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  This is funny.  France and Britain's military deployments are EFFECTIVE?  At what?

HAHAHAHAHA....

-Troy
View Quote

The SAS conducted a real kick-ass hostage rescue in Sierra Leone a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Unless significant portions of the NG was federalized the US would not be able to do peace keeping there even if we wanted to. Not to say that the NG will not have to be called up in order to be able to cycle troops back from Iraq (of course pulling out of Korea, or Bosnia/KFOR, or Afghanistan is an option, though not a good option).
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:49:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Pres. Charles Taylor is an escaped convict from the U.S.  That is reason enough to take him out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#25]
"I say we nuke the place from orbit...it's the only way to be sure."
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I will repeat myself for those of you who think we should go over there.

Quoted:

Yeah, I can hear the liberal cry now.

1]The UN, led by the French delegation seek to entrap and embroil us in...

2]A [red]war we cannot win[/red] because of the...

3][red]Horrific terrain[/red] leading to...

4]american body bags in large numbers and...

5]a loss of confidence back home in America with regards to it's gov't, military, and institutions which will...

6]reinstate the liberal agenda here for another 3 decades and...

7]Give the french and the UN the opportunity to kick us in the balls for years to come.

[red]That WOULD be just like Viet Nam[/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#27]
It already aggravates me that my tax dollars are wasted on the sh!thole continent of Africa via financial aid, AIDS treatment, UN dues, etc.  Now they want America to pay in blood?
Fuck them, REMEMBER SOMALIA!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top