Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 2:55:02 PM EDT
Well, my Dad and I just got back from Bulletfest.  It was AWESOME!  My clothes still stink of burnt powder.  I saw a lot of ARFCOMers there--some shooting, some just watching in awe.  I'll tell you what, when the firing line went live for the first time, and all those beautiful machines sprung to life, it was like a fucking heavy-metal symphony!  I got to shoot the minigun, an M2 .50 cal, and an M-16.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/109185/102_0239.JPG[/img]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/109185/102_0242.JPG[/img]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/109185/DEILZ-102_0249.JPG[/img]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/109185/GVGUN-102_0243.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a wide screen TV to view those.

TT [rofl]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just see red X's
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Access Denied (Usage Limit)

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Access Denied (Usage Limit)

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.
View Quote

Damn. Thats what I get too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are some pics that I took - more to come:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=56578[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here are some pics that I took - more to come:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=56578[/url]
View Quote

Hey thanks for posting those...nice gams on that Helldog fella  [naughty]  

If you have more pics of him post 'em!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
My Dad and I were there. It was pretty damn cool[:D]
Nothing like 10 beltfeds blasting at the same time, then having the minigun go of[}:D]
We didn't shoot. We had just as much fun watching. I got to meet several of you guys. I look forward to next year. Hopefully that Bulletfest will go till 6pm.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Climbed out of the car and ran into  TomJefferson and son before I got the rifle out.  Damn the computers at work for crashing and making me to late to camp though.

Wonderful day was had, though should have crashed someones tent to get off the far end of the line.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14186[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14187[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14188[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14189[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14190[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14191[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Beautiful day, although a little warm in the sun.  A shame it had to be cut short and another shame someone didn't listen to the NO TRACERS, [b]NO API[/b] rules.  The same guys had to put out around 4 brush fires.  Great job guys.  Anyone notice it is always the same people going out to help each time.  

Anyway,  Hope that houseowner enjoys his lottery winnings. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I too have just returned home from Bulletfest IV!!  Got to renew some old friendships and make new ones as well.  Couple of the guys were different than what I expected - not bad, just different.  I believe my respect has grown for all I met.

Kinda "ate my way around" the camp last night.  Everyone was so generous and the food outstanding, Thanks guys!  Bendover makes ham steaks to die for, Frank Squid brought some excellent fish and Helldog can always make a second career as a chef.  Not to leave out the others but beer clouded my memory a bit!

Food at Snodes barn was reasonably priced and quite good as well.  Had they setup near the line they would have REALLY made out!

Got stuck TWICE, once at the range and once at the camp.  Had no trouble getting pulled out due to the efforts of Campy.  1st time, Campy hollard at me and I stopped.  Promptly sunk.  Bob, please accept this as my public apology for being a little less than jovial about it.  Funny NOW when I look back on it!!

Campy worked like a slave to make this happen and lost his voice trying to get everything to fall in line.  We all owe him a big debt of gratitude.  Thanks, man!!  You ARE the man!

Line was really crowded.  The shoot has been sort of a victim of it's own success.  We had 20' of line and still cramped.  (Maybe we need to rethink what we bring?)  I know our group had a good time.  Created a new shooter - girl had never fired a gun before but fell in love with the sport.  I hope my Krink and 1919 had a little to do with that.  Tiny young lady but was game for about anything and had an excellent attitude.  Speaking of which, met SniperWolfe and found him to be a great young man!  Hope he enjoyed shooting my guns as much as he said he did.

My only real disappointment was how few ammo cans and .308 we sold.  Had to drag nearly all back with us.  Won't repeat THAT again!  Any sale items will need to be pre-paid or will be left at home.  Some people were a bit slow in responding to a "ceasefire" order but suspect it was not always easy to hear the command either.  We could all improve in this area.

Got whacked pretty good with an empty case but it came from someone shooting my gun!  Sure hope I didn't do it to anyone!!  When this close, it is so hard to prevent.  If I hit anyone, I apologize!

The shoot DID end early but I will leave THAT to Campy to explain.

Saw a nasty ka-boom of an AR after the fact.  No injury to speak of but DID remind us all how important eye protection is!!  Bolt carrier destroyed, probably the upper receiver and bolt as well.  To the owner, I am sorry I couldn't get it apart but just needed a little better shop to do the deed.  Please let me know what that stuck case looks like!!

Had a nice chat with Goatboy and Ed Sr.but FAR too short!!  They got in after I hit the rack last night.

I could go on, & on but will spare you.   Everyone remember to thank Campy & all those who did this for us!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually was not expecting that scraggly, wet looking stuff to burn, but it sure did.  Fortunately they were easy to put out.

I used a gallon jug to put out one of the fires, and then that same jug got used for this!

[url]http://www.users.muohio.edu/cliftojd/misc/tannerite.mpg[/url]

That bang was by far the biggest of the day.

I'll have lots more videos up hopefully within a week.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks a bunch for letting me shoot your stuff MickeyMouse! I hadn't shot anything full-auto before today, and it was really a blast. I love shooting your stuff - that Thompson is really nice, minus my ignorance of where the mag release is. [:)]

What HK was that that I shot? 53 or 93 or something like that? It was pretty awesome too - that brake is very effective. Loved the M16, too, of course. Should've tried it on 'full' though! [:D] Maybe next time.

Thanks for letting me shoot your stuff!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:14:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Sniper Wolfe, you are welcome.  I always like to encourage new FA shooters.  The tiny girl that was with us had never touched a gun before and she had a ball.  We all need to introduce at least one at every event.

That was an HK-51;  .308, 8" barrel.  The brake is something I drilled on the mill from a mental picture.  Gun is a copy I made from Bee Pee n's Volmer.

You should have said something about the M-16!!  I just assembled that 4 pos kit from a couple sacks of parts and it was kinda my "fascination" of the day!

I intended to rent all the MG and was surprised to have few takers - then noticed the signs were never put up - DUH!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some people were a bit slow in responding to a "ceasefire" order but suspect it was not always easy to hear the command either.  We could all improve in this area.
View Quote

I thought about this on my 6 hour trip home.  What would probably work is something like a hand crank air siren or just probably a siren off of a fire engine.  The extremely loud ones.  When the air horns were used, they didn't work unless all RO's had them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The tiny girl that was with us had never touched a gun before and she had a ball
View Quote

EladEflow?  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#21]
How might I save these pictures? Whenever I click 'save picture as...' it prompts me to save the asp file (downloadattach.asp) rather than the picture.

Edit: Nevermind. I noticed that it is downloading the picture.. just getting the name wrong.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sniper Wolfe, you are welcome.  I always like to encourage new FA shooters.  The tiny girl that was with us had never touched a gun before and she had a ball.  We all need to introduce at least one at every event.

That was an HK-51;  .308, 8" barrel.  The brake is something I drilled on the mill from a mental picture.  Gun is a copy I made from Bee Pee n's Volmer.

You should have said something about the M-16!!  I just assembled that 4 pos kit from a couple sacks of parts and it was kinda my "fascination" of the day!

I intended to rent all the MG and was surprised to have few takers - then noticed the signs were never put up - DUH!!
View Quote

That HK was very nice, although I was surprised on with both that and the 91 I fired how stiff the charging handle is. Tons of fun.

Is the girl you're talking about the Mexican girl that you introduced to beekeeper? What a good looking girl! [:D]

As far as the M16 goes, I just was done with the magazine before I thought about it!

Everyone there was really nice...I asked Aimless about putting a mag through his 91 and he just kept handing me mags faster than I could shoot them! Goatboy was real nice about letting me shoot too...he had a very nice AI I shot about five rounds through, as well as his AR10. There are just too many people to mention to let me shoot their stuff, and on some of them, I can't remember who owned the gun! Lotsa good people.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#25]
SniperWolfe, Little Bit isn't Mexican.  A little American Indian, a little Korean.  She does get a bit dark in the summer.  Quite a lady; game to shoot anything!  I will pass along your compliment!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SniperWolfe, Little Bit isn't Mexican.  A little American Indian, a little Korean.  She does get a bit dark in the summer.  Quite a lady; game to shoot anything!  I will pass along your compliment!
View Quote

I thought Mexican because Mike told me that. Very pretty girl!

Edit: Next time you will have to introduce us. [;)]

How do you know her?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Saw a nasty ka-boom of an AR after the fact.  No injury to speak of but DID remind us all how important eye protection is!!  Bolt carrier destroyed, probably the upper receiver and bolt as well.  To the owner, I am sorry I couldn't get it apart but just needed a little better shop to do the deed.  Please let me know what that stuck case looks like!!
View Quote

That was me, Thanks again for even trying!! It's finally apart but the case is still stuck in the chamber. Everything in there is done. The pics are huge so here's a link
[url=http://www.rice-girl.com/~blair/images/kb1.jpg]pic1[/url]
[url=http://www.rice-girl.com/~blair/images/kb2.jpg]pic2[/url]

Thanks again to you and to Campy!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I had the time of my life this past weekend.  I shot very little but that didn't matter one bit.  Just hanging out with everyone and laughing our asses off constantly was plenty enough fun.

It was great meeting everyone I was able to, Grock, HellDog40, FrankSquid and his son, Lumpy223, Belfry Express, BenDover and Tweet (again), Eric (hopefully a future member of the site), tattoo, BaNo and Tim, (Br)asspile [:D], Psywar1, Ed Sr, Goatboy, TheBeeKeeper1 and HoneyBee, Gus, Fzzassist, Ops and his son Gabe, Sniper Wolfe, EladEflow, Waldo, Plateshooter, shotar, CampyBob, Racebaiter, Aimless... Ok, who'd I miss?  [;)]

The 3 most often phrases I heard were:

1) Hey, who's antique camper is that?  (referring to BenDover's "ham can" camper)

2) Oh, it's Seth the troublemaker! (where this came from I have no idea [:D] )

3) f*ckity f*ck f*ck!
  Watch the language around the ladies!
  Oh, sorry about that BenDover.

Everyone's hospitality was incredible.  HellDog, FrankSquid, and BenDover really know how to cook up some grub.  I had little chance to eat my own food thanks to these guys.  TBK1's venison steaks were the best I have ever had, period.

Thanks to everyone for the laughs and good time.  The wife (HeldHostage) had a great time as well, which is what meant the most to me.  I think she had more fun than I did.  Hopefully none of your ears are sore from her talking them off, hehe.  Ed Sr and TBK1 have got to be the 2 most friendliest guys I have ever met.  Goatboy is... well let's just say Goatboy is Goatboy and leave it at that [;)]  
Kidding!  Actually he's a damn funny guy, constantly keeping everyone laughing.  It was hard talking to Grock due to his chameleon-like Marpat.  I can go on and on but I think i've forgotten more campfire stories than I can remember [booze]

Now it's time to start counting down to the next event, whatever and wherever it may be.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Sniper_Wolfe

Little Bit lives across the road from me.  Her and another fine young lady came over and washed my truck and car last night- in bikinis!!  (I think they were conning me for a ride in the convertible, which I am always happy to provide!)  Good kids, well behaved and like guns.  There were a couple young guys hitting on her at the shoot.  At least it wasn't T.G. this year!

Pure_Energy
Looks like the case failed big time.  Even factory loads can have double charges etc.  I'll be surprised if you even save the barrel.  You are ONE LUCKY GUY!  Hows the face??

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sniper_Wolfe

Little Bit lives across the road from me.  Her and another fine young lady came over and washed my truck and car last night- in bikinis!!  (I think they were conning me for a ride in the convertible, which I am always happy to provide!)  Good kids, well behaved and like guns.  There were a couple young guys hitting on her at the shoot. [red] At least it wasn't T.G. this year![/red]
View Quote

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pure_Energy
 I'll be surprised if you even save the barrel.  You are ONE LUCKY GUY!  Hows the face??
View Quote

Not even gonna try, The upper is bulged, and after all that I won't feel comfortable shooting it again. The lower looks ok, anything I should look into on it? I think it may be the only thing worth saving ( to shoot at least! )

Face is ok, a little sore but no black eye!!

and hey my car needs to be washed too!! ;)

( it's a T-top at least! )

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, you can buy a stripped upper - you got all the parts to put it together!!

I would suggest you completely stip the lower, clean and carefully inspect as you put it back together.  However, I would not expect any problems.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Campy Bob – THANKS FOR THE PARTY!

Thanks to all – too many to mention- but all at the NY branch of AR-15 and everyone else I meet during the weekend.  Big thanks to BenDover and Tweet for the invite. Also thanks to Shaggy for letting me shoot the M-16 – VERRRY KEWL!

The food was great the drinks were cold and the friends were plentiful, what else could you ask for?

Goatboy, I decided to go with CptnMorgan as a moniker rather than the suggested “Drunk-ass”, but we sure had a good time Friday night!!

Although I am not sure about Gunstock I would love to make the trip out, it sounds like a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top