User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 4:05:59 AM EDT
ok how do I post pictures ?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
from previous poster:

[b]How to post pictures on AR15.com[/b]

Alright here is an actual example followed by some answers to frequently asked questions. If you type the following line exactly as shown, you will post a picture from my server. At this point all you need to do is to replace my web address with that of your host. here is the example:

[img]http://LewisTechnoGroup.com/guns/SenderoWeb.jpg[/img]

Now you will notice that the address of the image is surrounded by the tags [ img ] and [ /img ], with no space between the [ and img, (shown so ya can see). These tags indicate that there is an image present at the location enclosed by the tags.

Q. Can an image be reposted from email?
A. No, sorry.

Q. Does a picture have to go to a host first?
A. Yes.

Q. How do you get a picture to appear under your user name?
A. Only with a PAID membership.

Q. I am posting pics OK but they are always smaller than 640 x 480, even though the original pics were taken at much higher resolutions.
A. [Member goldwingers response:] Did you click on the photo first to make the picture larger at webphotos before copying the image location. I didn`t do that at first and the result was a thumbnail size pic.

Q. What is the optimal resolution for images?
A. About 72 dots per inch is good for images on the internet but not so desirable for images going to print.

Q. Why do I get a red "X" or a box, etc?
A. Some host don't allow you to link to images on their server(s) from another site.

Q. Why won't this "[ img ]http://www.geocities.com/someuser/my_AR.html[ /img ]" display my picture? (again shown w/ spaces that should'nt be there so ya can see what he's taking about)
A. The problem is that you are trying to post a web page (HTML) not an image (JPG or GIF). You need to change that to an image name, e.g. - my_AR.jpg NOT my_AR.html

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top