Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 12:19:00 AM EDT
An open letter to the world

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 26, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

In what was termed an "open letter to the world," the Iranian students' movement appealed to the peoples – not the nations – of the world for help.

The letter, first published in the World Tribune, issued a warning to those nations they blame for "extending the life of this odious regime and prolonging the misery of the Iranian people." The letter begs for ordinary people to support their democracy movement.

It accuses nations, especially France, of helping impoverish their nation through corrupt oil deals with Iran. Deals similar to the ones that helped Saddam keep his foot on Iraq's neck for two decades.

The letter accused the Islamic regime of untold atrocities. The mutilation and murder of students on campus in full view of other students. The letter is a searing indictment of most of the world. They blame Jimmy Carter's inept foreign policy for Iran's fall to the ayatollah, but have nothing but praise for the current administration.

The Iranian students place the blame, not on the United States, but where it really belongs – the regime and the countries that support it. The letter points out that when the mullahs took over, per capita income was the same as Spain. Now, it's the same as Gaza. Inflation is at 20 percent, unemployment at 30 percent, and the country is drowning in debt. All the while sitting on a sea of oil. The students ask: So this is an Islamic paradise?

The students know more than the mullahs would like. While the masses starve, the students note that Iran is "packed with every sophisticated weapon."

The letter recalls that Iran is the land of Iranian lawmaker kings Cyrus and Darius. So great were these kings that God calls each by name in Scripture.

Yet the head of the Iranian judiciary is an alien. Terrorists control the internal security apparatus. The mullahs spend most of Iran's wealth keeping paid mercenary armies of terrorists to protect them from the Iranian people – not just "enemies of Islam."

The student movement's letter scoffs at the idea of U.N. assistance. It accuses Kofi Annan of being a puppet of the Islamic world. Of Kofi Annan, the student movement minces no words:

The same [Kofi Annan] under whose auspices the Commission on Human Rights has made a complete mockery and a travesty of the United Nations and its principles. The same Human Rights Commission with representative of Libya as its chairman! The very commission that, thanks to Mr. Kofi Annan, completely exonerated the Islamic Republic of all its human-rights abuses! This is the very secretary-general that during his tenure the representative of Iraq was poised to become chairman of the Disarmament Commission just a few days before the liberation of Iraq!

Then they took on the American liberal media. Among others, they criticized the New York Times for lying about democracy in Iran. They named CNN's Christiane Amanpour and claimed she hid the truth in exchange for access. CNN already admitted to doing that for 12 years during Saddam's regime, so the charges have teeth. They criticized Charlie Rose of PBS for sanitizing the terrorist backgrounds of his guests, including two of the architects of the American Embassy hostage crisis in 1979.

Then they dropped the bombshell that was heard round the Islamic world. The letter – representing the 70 percent of Iran's population that is under 30 – charged: "Palestine is not our cause; the Arab-Israeli conflict is not our fight."

This is the way the Iranian student democracy movement remembers the recent history of the Middle East. They remember it as it happened to them. It's a different story than the one presented on CNN.

In 1979, the "Trio of Terror" – Arafat, Qaddafi and Assad – were the first to soil our blessed land with their presence. The terrorist Hezbollah is the backbone of this "Satanic Republic." Since the first days of the Islamic Revolution, the ruling clergy, at the expense of the Iranian people, has embraced the Palestinian cause. Certain dollar amounts out of each barrel of oil was paid directly to Arafat.

The Iranian government has consistently nurtured and supported other Palestinian groups opposing the peace process. The regime even helped found Palestinian Islamic Jihad – the only organization in the Sunni world to enthusiastically embrace Khomeini's distorted concept of clerical rule. Until recently, most probably still, the official budget of the Islamic Republic contained a line item for funding Palestinian terrorism.

The Regime continues all sorts of material support to various terrorist organizations. And, now they have the appalling distinction of hosting al-Qaida as well – one more group of barbarians to unleash on innocent Iranians. As brutal as Saddam was, unlike this wretched gang that rules Iran, he did not hire foreign mercenaries to torture and murder the children of his country.

One of the most underreported stories in the American media today is the story of the struggle for democracy in Iran. The letter is signed by the Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran.

It outlines a vicious indictment of Islamic theocracy and terrorism, and exposes Islamic rule for what it is. It should remind Secretary of State Powell that diplomatic buzzwords like "dialogue" and "engagement" with an Islamic regime have real consequences for those enslaved by it.

The letter asks, "After all these years, isn't it obvious that 'Dialogue' and 'Engagement' with the Islamic Republic is futile and a total failure? Reason dictates and demands that any sound policy be based on reality rather than wishful thinking!"

And it should remind this administration of the consequences we are still paying for abandoning the Iraqis to Saddam in 1991: "Any rapprochement with the present regime, under the pretext of dialogue and engagement with the so-called 'elected' and 'moderate' elements, would be rejected by the freedom-loving Iranians and would gravely undermine the status of the United States as the champion of the democratic principles and the ideals that this country stands for; the very foundation of America."

A truly remarkable document – this open letter to the world. We'll, I've done my part in helping to deliver the letter.

The rest is up to the young people of Iran.

By Hal Lindsey

TS

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If that's an actual letter and not something a columnist dreamed up, I'll eat my hat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:01:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Links are available.

World Tribune
[url]216.26.163.62/2003/me_iran_06_22.html[/url]

Original letter
[url]www.iran-daneshjoo.org/cgi-bin/smccdinews/viewnews.cgi?category=4&id=1056262076[/url]

You judge the validity.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If that's an actual letter and not something a columnist dreamed up, I'll eat my hat.
View Quote

What kind of hat? I want pics!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So be it.  I shall make a hat out of filet mignon.  And I will eat it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Links are available.

World Tribune
[url]216.26.163.62/2003/me_iran_06_22.html[/url]

Original letter
[url]www.iran-daneshjoo.org/cgi-bin/smccdinews/viewnews.cgi?category=4&id=1056262076[/url]

You judge the validity.
View Quote

Thanks, I forgot to post the link(s).

TS
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I see the way is being prepared for an invasion of Iran. As soon as "mopping up", is finished in Iraq, we'll head on over that a' way...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm 43 years old and clearly remember the fall of the Sha (sp?) and the hostage ordeal.
I really had hate for them folks.
As years went by I actually got to meet a bunch of Persian folks in business relationships and some personal situations.
I call them Persian because they are very good people and unlike the extreamists that took over that country.
Persians are very good customers,straight forward and are some of the most polite people that I've ever met.
I think when these people oust the religious extreamists we could have a decent ally in that area.
The question is what are the real demoghraphics of that country and how many offspring of the brainwashed rotten bunch will embrace democracy after they are exposed to it's benifits?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep your fingers crossed. I tellin ya, we may see these islamo-facist mullahs swinging from lampposts before the year is out. American military intervention will NOT be necessary in this case. Iran is today surrounded by water, and the U.S. army. The mere presence of these forces on their borders is already putting a huge amout of pressure on the Iranian regime, and they damn well know it in the streets. "Why do we need to invade Iraq?" Well, I believe this effect was part of the equation all along.

This is what you call "strategery". When the Mullahs fall, international terrorism will be dealt a mortal blow. Hezbollah, islamic jihad, et al, will be bankrupted, and even these lunatics may see the writing on the wall.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree with The HappyBlaster...

TS
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So be it.  I shall make a hat out of filet mignon.  And I will eat it.
View Quote

A filet mignon!  Have you ever worn said filet mignon on your head?  On second thought, given some of your posts, maybe you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top