Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:12:06 PM EDT
Living in S. AZ I obviously have to deal with the heat, (112 deg. as I type) I have managed fine for 18 years but suddenly out of no where I have developed a scortching case of Jock Itch.

Yes, I know these are things generaly not spoken of in polite company, but I am desperate!!

The burning and itching are driving me crazy,I'm at the point where I could almost rip off my own balls!![pissed][pyro] [devil]

I have tried the usual OTC sprays and ointments but they have yet to knock it out completely.
(tried Lotrimine Ultra) in both spray and cream so far, No Joy.!!

Any ideas on how to cure this once and for all? my boys and I would be eternaly grateful for the assist.

Thanks, AZMAN-1.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Find something that has lidocaine in it, best advice I can give. Or maybe even break off a peice of aloe vera?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Gold Bond?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks FNG, I can see how the lidocaine would help but have not found anything that works yet! I was hoping someone who has gone through this might have an answer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You have no choice but to sit in the living room with your legs spread as wide as possible and air out your balls until it passes.

Please remember to close the curtains.

Seriously, I had this problem on a trip to the equatorial part of the world last year.  Try a good quality diaper rash creme.  I think Desiden was the brand I used at the time.  Just remember to wash it off before showing off for the girls.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont laugh too hard....try using a good quality diaper rash ointment on it. Something like diaperene or the like. It really works wonders for the itching,chaffing,etc..
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Gold bond? [/quoute}

Have tried both the talc and lotion neither one help much might be time for serious medicine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Medicated antifungal foot poweder goes on the feet and nether regions while on field training exercises...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
copious amounts of Hoppes #9
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I had not considered the baby rash cream but I'll try anything!!

Unfortunatly the idea of just letting them hang out and 'air ' is not practical.

Damn, and to think I wasted my 100th post on this!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.leglerknives.com/New_9_pc._Cutlery_Set_in_Concord_4-19-02_240x322.jpg[/img]...?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't kid me ponyboy, I'm almost desperate enough to try anything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
[BD]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Noname that is a last resort. HAHA.

www.leglerknives.com/New_9_pc._Cutlery_Set_in_Concord_4-19-02_240x322.jpg
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember guys, 'its all fun and games until someone looses a testicle.[cuss]
Damn you guys can sure kick a guy when he's down!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.leglerknives.com/New_9_pc._Cutlery_Set_in_Concord_4-19-02_240x322.jpg[/url]...?
View Quote

What is the fork for?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Spray yourself with an inverted can of endust.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife's OB/Gyn recommended using Milk of Magnesia for diaper rash on our (soon to be born) son.  I haven't tried it myself....but if your willing to try anything....

Give it a go and let us know
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#19]
... Vaginex Cream Hydrocortisone Unscented [;D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]
To pick them up with. Who wants to touch a nasty set of inflamed ball sacks...!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Windex

[rofl2]

TT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
PS---The last time I had Flaming Ballsackitis I used a combo of 1% Hyrdocortisone Ointment and some Bactroban cream 2%.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Flexall/Icy Hot.

Because when your fanning your hand around your balls like you would around your mouth when you eat a slice of pizza that's too hot, you don't concentrate on the itch:  you just beg God that the icy (yet...somewhat hot) sensation dies down.

Quoted:
Gold Bond?
View Quote

Heh....Hehe...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have a dremel with a wire brush?

Then soak in a pan of Absorbine Jr.

[shock]

The diaper rash creme is probably best.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Seriously, sounds painful!

Jock Itch is a fungal infection that flourishes in the warm moist enviornment of your sweaty groin. Since the fungus only affects the top layer of the skin, topical ointments are usually effective. OTC antifungals are Tinactin, Lotrimin and Micatin. Apply twice a day for 2 weeks. Apply at least an inch beyond the rash. Stop once the rash has been gone for a week.

Good luck!

TT [wave]

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Lamisil will kill it.

Don't ask me how I know how, but trust me on this one, Lamisil will kill it.

Eckerds, etc...

About 8 bucks for a micro-gram sized tube. Use sparingly, it's all you need, twice a day.

Tried Gold Bond Blue Label powder once.

It was the first time I cried in a long time...

>>>edited to add: take the former advice - use it for a week or so after the symptoms are gone just to make sure you kill it ALL.<<<

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Sometimes Lamisil doesn't work...
I've had the same problem before.Go to the doctor and ask for lotrisome(sp?) (loe-trah-zome).That worked for me.Hope it gets better,the itching and burning drove me nuts,errrrrr crazy.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#29]
IBTL

[img]http://www.katanax.com/pics/katana.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#30]
BABY POWDER.It work's for me.Ever since i moved to sunny(very f**king hot)fl,i get it bad in the summer.The b.p. keep's you nice and dry.Use it after you shower.(you do shower)If you want it gone for good go to your medicine man and get you some lotrisome!!!that kill's it ,then alway's use the b.p, and your good to go.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#31]
"Tinea Cruris "Jock Itch"

What Is Tinea Cruris?
Treatment
Prevention Measures
What Is Tinea Cruris?
Tinea cruris, or "jock itch," is a superficial fungus infection of the groin and upper inner thighs that most commonly starts in hot, humid weather. It is caused by common fungus organisms that grow easily in warm, moist areas of the skin. A rash appears which is red to tan or brown in color, slightly scaly, and usually has a fairly sharp and distinct margin. There may be central clearing. It usually does not affect the scrotum and penis.

Not every groin rash is due to fungal infection. Intertrigo (mechanical rubbing, and moisture), psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, candidal (yeast) infections, and several other skin diseases can mimic fungal infections of the groin.

Treatment
Antifungal creams may be required. Miconazole cream can be purchased over the counter. If that is not helpful, a clinician can recommend several prescription creams. The cream should be applied once or twice a day in a thin layer, spreading it at least a half inch beyond the margin of the rash. Treatment should be continued for one week after the rash goes away to prevent recurrence. If the rash is still present after one month, see a clinician. A change in creams or oral medications may be needed.

Prevention Measures
To prevent jock itch, keep the groin area dry.

After showering, dry the groin carefully. Do not dry the feet first and then the groin, because fungus from the feet may be transferred to the groin on the towel.
Use an absorbent powder if sweating is a problem. Wear absorbent cotton underwear.
Avoid clothing (pants, underwear, and sportswear) that is tight or occlusive.
Change out of wet swimming gear immediately. "

Go see a Dr. and get a Rx for Lotrisone (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone).

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me tell you, you can F around with all of the OTC stuff and home remedies you want but if you really want it gone a Rx for lotrisone is the ticket. Perhaps my... friend's case... yhea, my friend's case... was particularly bad but it was the only thing that worked. Make sure your Dr goes ahead and puts a refill or two on your scrip so you'll have it if it ever recurrs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Have you guys who recommended Gold Bond actually tried it ??

I mean I suppose it's OK if you just have a little mild discomfort.

If you wait until you have scratched it raw and then hit it with that Industrial Grade (I forget what it's called) Gold Bond, I gurantee that you can run the three minute mile....backwards!

Seriously, I did it and as soon as I sprinkled it on the only thought that went through my head was "My God what did I just do???"

Felt like something off a Road Runner cartoon.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Dust liberally and often with Gold Bond medicated powder.  Trust me on this one...I've been a pharmacist since '89 and this stuff works.  Oh...don't pick at it or your privates might wind up in a jar of formalin on some pathologist's desk.

[edited to add]

Almost forgot...ask your doc to give you a prescription for 7 Diflucan 100mg tablets, take 1 daily for 7 days.  This will help to kill the fungus from the inside out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#35]
MAKE SURE YOU WEAR BOXERS, NOT BRIEFS
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Air your sh** out once in a while...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#37]
ar15.com and nobody suggested the obvious?  

CLP...   it cleans, lubricates and protects.  Should be just the ticket.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I think it's somewhat disturbing that the first person to make a genuinely informative and accurate response is female.

It says something about our relative maturity levels, doesn't it?

Thank you, Titanium T.

Here's some additional serious advice:   You can keep the area a little dryer (and hence less fungal friendly) by wearing looser shorts or noe at all,  and loose pants,  and when you go to bed,  wear nothing.  Starkers.  

And do all you can to avoid scratching!  

If all else fails, there's always

[size=6] [b] [red] TANNERITE! [/red] [/b] [/size=6]

[img]http://www.tannerite.com/blowup_small.jpg[/img]

CJ
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think it's somewhat disturbing that the first person to make a genuinely informative and accurate response is female.

It says something about our relative maturity levels, doesn't it?

Thank you, Titanium T.
View Quote

Suck up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#41]
TT and AFARR give good advice. Trust a woman to know about yeast infections[:D]

anyhow I would add: Try the Tinactin powder. When creams don't work I go to powder as it keeps things drier and this is essential. You really have to keep up with it though and treat it for a week or so past apparent resolution like TT says.

I don't rec Lotrisone--the steroid in it may help alleviate itching but also can lead to striae in body folds and creases. It also is very much liked by yeast.

If no help see a doc..bend over and say ahhhh.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Desitin Creamy.  Works great for diaper rash, should give you instant relief as well.  It may be a little greasy at first, but at least it won't burn.  Hell, I'm surprised no one here asked for any pictures yet!!! [:D] [:X*]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#43]
When you get it cleared up I agree with bulldog1967. Go with boxers or boxer briefs or go commando.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Alright AZ if you are ready. I spent 9 yrs in that god forsaken state and the only thing I got was a severe sinus condition and a very severe case of foot rot from wearing jump boots every day. Doctors had me, and a couple of members of the dept, on all kinds of meds and cremes. Nothing worked.

Finally took a vacation and visited my grandmother who was 87 yr old. She told me that in her younger days on the farm everybody had fungus problems. Her surefired treatment was to use Lysol on the affected area, full strength.
She got a bottle but I couldn't stand the smell.
Got back to my mothers and told her about using Lysol and she says "been doing that for years only I use the spray".

Now my feet were so cracked and raw that they were bleeding. I used the spray and waited for the burn, that never came. No burn, no chem lab smell, and they healed up within a week spraying them once a day. That was in 1975 and I have only had one flairup since.

My son got a good case from the shower room at school and got rid of it in 4 days. He got another bad case in the Navy and everybody laughed at him until the Doc told him"if it works-use it". I have even used it on my 8 yr old daughter once when started getting splits between the toes, gone in 2 days.

Now I know that Lysol in not intended for medical use and it might be a violation of law to use a product other than for its intended use, but dammit it works.

Just a thought you might want to use a small bathing cap on that bald head.

edit to add: If you decide to try it, let me know if it helped.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#46]
 For me, Gold Bond in the yellow container didn't do much of anything.

Cruex works in a day or so.  Also, ointments containing zinc will dry out the area.  You can probably find the ointments with zinc in the baby aisle for cheaper...most diaper rash ointments contain zinc.  Those are the most effective OTC products I've used.

Whatever the family doctor prescribes will probably be much stronger and effective.  Keep the area clean, might be better to wash it during a bath rather than a shower since you'd more than likely leave soap in the area during a shower.

mm
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Flexall/Icy Hot.

Because when your fanning your hand around your balls like you would around your mouth when you eat a slice of pizza that's too hot, you don't concentrate on the itch:  you just beg God that the icy (yet...somewhat hot) sensation dies down.

Quoted:
Gold Bond?
View Quote

Heh....Hehe...
View Quote

Oh please don't do that!!!!!!

I [b]did[/b] experience that by accident.

I put alot on a pulled groin muscle once and some of it got on [i]them[/i] it was horrible!!!!

It wouldn't go away, it just wouldn't go away!!!!

[b]The flames, the fire, the dancing and the prayers[/b] oh the horrible memory!!!!!!!!

Make it stop, please make it stop - somebody shoot me, pleaseeeee somebody shoot me!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#48]
First you have to kill the fungus amungus. Then you have to prevent it from coming back. As already posted-step 1-topical antifungal cream-step 2-soap, water & towel, gold bond yellow and loose shorts.

ps-stop scratching yer cackenbalz, you're not a dog & it only makes it worse!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for all the suggestions, I would have stayed with you guys answering your replies but damn 'puter crashed right in the middle of everything.

Obviously some of your tips will be considered,(thanks TT,AFARR and others) Jewbroni, you are an evil bastard![nuts][:D] Don't you think I attended P.E. in school? Icy Hot was something you put on someone's jock strap when you wanted to get even for something, under these circunstances that would be grounds for MURDER!![:D]

Any how, I'm trying the anti-fungals, and will try to keep the 'boys' dry which is almost impossible in this heat, by the way TexasEd and phil-in-Seatle, your warning about the 'Green' GB powder came too late!![devil]

Again, thanks for all the help,AZMAN-1 out
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
First you have to kill the fungus amungus. Then you have to prevent it from coming back. As already posted-step 1-topical antifungal cream-step 2-soap, water & towel, gold bond yellow and loose shorts.

ps-stop scratching yer cackenbalz, you're not a dog & it only makes it worse!
View Quote

Oh, but scratching my itchy balls feels SOOOOOoooo gooooood!

[;)]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top