Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 4:16:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful... A man shot to death, his mother is an illegal, and NOW, the firearms community will get even more bad press. I'm CONVINCED it is a conspiracy....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe it was the cops in Washington who threw a hissy fit when Ashcroft asked them to link INS databases to their police databases. That way if someone they pulled over was here illegally or a visa overstay, they would be detained and deported.  The cops in Seattle thought that was a terrible idea. "We dont have the resources to go after illegal immigrants."  How anyone could say something like that after 9/11 boggles the mind.  I hope cops learn their lesson.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
They may "learn their lessons", but there's still not a thing "they" can do. Even if a cop has an illegal alien in custody and calls in INS agents, in only 25% of these cases do they show up, so it's catch and release.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in federal court yesterday on a civil hearing and they cut a bunch of criminal matters in front of us.

Two of the guys were up for illegal entry second offense. Twenty year felony. wow
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to hijack, but INS (now ICE) smartly did an end run around local LE policies about not enforcing immigration violations. Instead of linking databases and asking the locals to enforce immigration (BIG political football, and another debate entirely), INS started issuing warrants for immigration overstays and expire visas, though this only works on folks who entered legally. Cops are pretty much duty-bound to serve warrants, so even if they aren't allowed to enforce the immigration law by a local policy, they still usually (depending on the state) have to serve a warrant.

Heck, I wrote our own policy change to deal with this new system, allowing our guys to enforce some Immigration laws again. There is a big push to expand immigration enforcement for homeland security purposes, and Chiefs and Sheriffs who wouldn't touch this issue with a 10-foot pole two years ago are seriously re-thinking things these days. Keep the pressure on, and write your local politicians about this.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some spooge licking cock cobbling leper shot and killed a Chelan County Deputy today. Guess what else, the feds are investigating his inbred mother for forging immigration documents. Can you say illegal alien. This shit has gone too far, and this just ruined a good afternoon.
View Quote

So who exactly was inbred?  The perp's mother  or the Deputy's mother.  Try to be clear.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some spooge licking cock cobbling leper shot and killed a Chelan County Deputy today. Guess what else, the feds are investigating his inbred mother for forging immigration documents. Can you say illegal alien. This shit has gone too far, and this just ruined a good afternoon.
View Quote

So who exactly was inbred?  The perp's mother  or the Deputy's mother.  Try to be clear.
View Quote

Uh, ya, I'm really sure the deputy's mother is inbred and the deputy is the illegal alien... right that makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Uh, ya, I'm really sure the deputy's mother is inbred and the deputy is the illegal alien... right that makes a lot of sense.
View Quote

Uh, yes, your reasoning is about as clear as Klink's post.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to hijack, but INS (now ICE) smartly did an end run around local LE policies about not enforcing immigration violations. Instead of linking databases and asking the locals to enforce immigration (BIG political football, and another debate entirely), INS started issuing warrants for immigration overstays and expire visas, though this only works on folks who entered legally. Cops are pretty much duty-bound to serve warrants, so even if they aren't allowed to enforce the immigration law by a local policy, they still usually (depending on the state) have to serve a warrant.

Heck, I wrote our own policy change to deal with this new system, allowing our guys to enforce some Immigration laws again. There is a big push to expand immigration enforcement for homeland security purposes, and Chiefs and Sheriffs who wouldn't touch this issue with a 10-foot pole two years ago are seriously re-thinking things these days. Keep the pressure on, and write your local politicians about this.
View Quote

Slick solution to the problems at hand!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was just listening to the radio.
There was a pretty good discussion about how this is the third LEO that has been KIA in Eastern Washington (population=1/10 of Seattle, or so it seems), by an illegal immigrant (all three Hispanic).

They are wondering if there were three LEOs killed by three illegal Iraqi's, how would they react?
View Quote

If it was three Iraqis, there would be hell to pay.

If it's three hispanics, there will be hell to pay if the Immigration groups get wind of any crackdown on immigrants.

I don't know if the INS ever had a crack at this particular guy, but I will say that it's pretty damn evident that good cops and good civilians are dead out there because the INS can't and won't do their fucking jobs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#12]
JOB OPENING:
Illegal Alien Bounty Hunter

The "ICEman" cometh...

(now, if someone would tell us what ICE stands for)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#13]
ICE (if I am correct) stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. All of these agencies got transferred to DHS and re-organized earlier ths year.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was just listening to the radio.
There was a pretty good discussion about how this is the third LEO that has been KIA in Eastern Washington (population=1/10 of Seattle, or so it seems), by an illegal immigrant (all three Hispanic).

They are wondering if there were three LEOs killed by three illegal Iraqi's, how would they react?
View Quote

[ROFL2]  What's the diff? They are ALL enemies of our culture...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I would deputize the Orchid men and let them go after the cockroaches.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Thursday, June 26, 2003 • Last updated 11:04 p.m. PT
Chelan County sheriff's deputy fatally shot
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
WENATCHEE, Wash. -- A Chelan County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot Thursday while working on a suspended license case, a sheriff's office spokesman said.
By late Thursday night, a manhunt for a 21-year-old man who fled in a white pickup truck had expanded down the West Coast and into Mexico.
The slain deputy was Saul Gallegos, 35, of Chelan, who joined the sheriff's office in January, sheriff's Chief Criminal Deputy Mark Mann said.
Gallegos had made a traffic stop along Washington 150, between Chelan and Manson, trying to contact a man suspected of repeatedly driving with a suspended license - "basically a misdemeanor," Mann said.
The deputy told his dispatcher he was stopping a car to follow up on that case "and the next thing we know a citizen is on the radio calling for help," Mann said.
Arriving officers found the deputy critically injured and he died at the scene, Mann said. The call for help came shortly after 6 p.m.
The deputy's Glock semiautomatic handgun was missing but Mann could not say whether that weapon had been used to shoot the deputy. The suspect apparently abandoned the beige station wagon he had been driving when Gallegos stopped him and switched to a 1994 white Chevrolet pickup, Washington license 603 19Y.
The man fled south on U.S. 97A, Mann said.
Fearing the suspect might be headed for Mexico, the search was widened to include the entire West Coast and Mexico, Mann said, adding immigration agents were working the case and Interpol had been contacted.
"We're pulling out all the stops on this one," he said.
The suspect was known to Chelan County authorities but for mostly misdemeanor alcohol and traffic infractions, Mann said.
The deputy left a wife and three children - two 8-year-old twin boys and a 3-year-old boy, the sheriff's department said.
Gallegos, who spoke Spanish and English, previously worked for the Chelan police, Mann said, and was "well-connected with the Latino community."

06/27

SAN DIEGO -- A San Diego police officer died Thursday from injuries suffered during a pursuit in Emerald Hills, 10News reported.

Around 12:15 p.m., the officer was in pursuit of a white pickup truck that was allegedly stolen from a construction-job site. The officer chased the suspect down the 500 block of Iona Street and attempted to stop the vehicle.

According to San Diego Police Department Homicide Capt. Mike McCulloch, the fleeing suspect pulled away from the officer, made a U-turn, and hit the officer head on. Witnesses said it appeared as if the suspect hit the officer intentionally.

After hitting the officer, the suspect fled the scene and was later stopped at Madera and 69th streets where he was taken into custody. The suspect appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance, McCulloch told 10News.

The suspect was transported to the University of California Hospital where he was placed under arrest for auto theft. The SDPD homicide unit is currently investigating whether or not the suspect will be charged with additional charges related to the death of the officer.

The officer was airlifted to Scripps Mercy Hospital in Hillcrest where he was pronounced dead.

No names were released.

(officer was reportedly on a motorcycle)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Suprise ! The deputy was killed with his own gun ...

Why is it that people decide to kill a cop at a traffic stop after the cop has called in the plates and requested a ID check on the computer / radio ???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top