Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 7:12:54 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Received a order from Tracer last week and ran into this problem, Am I being too picky or should I demand a refund or trade for other product?

Thanks for the read.

What I bought....

www.tracertechnology.com  (look under FOX LABS OC Life Pager)

What I received.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2936412827&category=3204
-----------------------------------------------
May 30, 2003 at 21:35:33

COMMENTS: Just checking on the status of an order.

My payPal payment was sent about 5 days ago and has been taken from my account but I never received a confirmation of order or shipping from you.  

I had ordered 4 Fox OC items (1) 4oz med fogger, (2) Pagers, (1) 6oz Gernade and (1) 4oz size nylon holder).

The PayPal order screen showed each item # ordered in case you needed it.

Thanks.

Steve
Your order has been processed and is on the way.  I didn't see that you requested confirmation.  Sorry.

Thanks for your business!

David A. Bottomley

Owner, Tracer Technology
www.tracertechnology.com
Hello again David,

I did not request confirmation and guess I was just used to the auto
generated email comfirmations from the other sites I buy from.

Thanks very much for the update.

Steve.
Hello David,

First let me say that I am very pleased with my Fox labs OC and the holders but do not like the Pepper Pagers as there is no way they could pass for a pager with the big bulky body, PepperPager sticker on the side and the fake looking top.

So I would like to know what your return policy on these are.

I paid with my credit credit card on your webpage.

Take care and thanks for the good product and service so far.

Steve.
Subject: RE: Order problem.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns unless the item is defective, as stated on the order screen of our web site.  We've been burned too many times that way.  Thank you very much for your business!

Sincerely,

David A. Bottomley, Owner
Phone: 812-499-0077

Law Enforcement / Military Equipment
Internet / Networking Consultation  
Subject: Re: Order problem.

Hello again David,

I understand the refund policy and do not need my cash back BUT when someone orders the "Fox Labs Life Pager" and they are sent something called "PepperPager" which looks nothing like the picture on your site (Added it to my cart from the Fox OC pager) then they expect you as a professional business owner to make good on the deal.

Items are unopened and unused.

Please let me know how you plan to correct this problem.

Take care.

Steve.
Hi Steve,

I have e-mailed my suppler regarding the issue, and apparently the life pager has not been made for the last 6 months (I did not know this), so they send the pepper pager now.  However, he says the units are exactly the same, with the exception of the sticker.  He says they are the exact same size and unit, inlcuding contents.  Perhaps you could remove the sticker?  I have had one of those units before and if I recall correctly, they are very comparable in size to the full-size Motorola alphanumeric pagers.

Thanks,

David A. Bottomley, Owner
Phone: 812-499-0077

Law Enforcement / Military Equipment
Internet / Networking Consultation.

Well guys.....What do you think, bought them for a few women in my family since I was buying something for myself, Should I just cut my losses as these look like junk.

Have all emails on file to prove what was said.

Thanks for the read.

Steve.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You didn't get what you ordered and paid for. I would push the issue with him until you are satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
If the pager was the only problem, then is it worth your time? How much was it? For only a couple bucks, you'd probably be better off just going and buying your relatives a regular small sized container of pepper spray. I've seen many, including one that I gave to my significant other, that attach right to a key ring. Sounds like the company isn't going to budge. I'd just let them know that you'll be shopping elsewhere in the future, and politely thank them for their time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#4]
False advertising.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe I'm missing something, but they appear to look the same (other than the label)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
If the pic was not what you got DEMAND a credit or a refund. If they will not help, let them know how much it will cost them in terms of bad press and then spread the word.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
If the pic was not what you got DEMAND a credit or a refund. If they will not help, let them know how much it will cost them in terms of bad press and then spread the word.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#8]
(AVTOMAT) It is possible they are alike or even the same but it appears that none of them are from FOX LABS as stated on the website, I would guess the product would have the FOX LABS name and logo all over it and PepperPager does not.

The cost was 30.00 + s/h and I am starting to think you are right (LAPP_DANCE) as it would have been less of a pain but then again I had no reason to expect the photo to differ from the product as well as not having the FOX name on them.

Also sad that the customer service skills of even the owner is very weak and might not do me any good to demand a refund but I will try again.

I got the link from the AR15 site many months back and had added it to my favorite places so I am wondering if any of you have bought or still buy from them?

(U-BADDOG) Perhaps if I get enough input I will forward this to David so he can see it's not just me who thinks it is unfair not to offer a refund or store credit for these unopened pagers.

As always thanks for the read.

Steve.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You didn't get what you ordered and paid for. I would push the issue with him until you are satisfied.
View Quote

I agree!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:32:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd ship them back to him with the package rigged up to spray as soon as he opened the box.
[:D] J/K
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Items look the same except for the sticker. They even show people wearing them so you can judge what size they are. If the sticker is what you wanted you did not get what you ordered.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Items look the same except for the sticker. They even show people wearing them so you can judge what size they are. If the sticker is what you wanted you did not get what you ordered.
View Quote

What about the product not being from FOX LABS as the site stated? One of the only reasons I ordered them was the size and the trust I have in the FOX LABS name......I am guessing that counts as not having received what I ordered more so then the sticker.

Take care.

Steve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd ship them back to him with the package rigged up to spray as soon as he opened the box.
[:D] J/K
View Quote

One of the best idea's I have heard so far but I doubt the cheap pieces of crap would go off.......lol.  J/K

Take care.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top