Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2003 6:15:31 PM EDT
I haven't met a pit bull yet who doesn't like being punched. Especially in the ribs.

I've got two, and they both seem to enjoy it.

My males eyes light up, and his tail wags big time.

On the other hand, I punched a Weimereiner once.

It just looked at me with a vacant/puzzled/hurt gaze.

It just isn't as fun to punch Weimereiners.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to post pictures of one of the cute as hell aforementioned punching bags:

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049817.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049816.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
All Pit Bulls have an instinctive knowledge imparted to them by their higher power that they will one day eat everyone who punches them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Because dogs are stupid..that's why.[:0]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I forgot to post pictures of one of the cute as hell aforementioned punching bags:

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049817.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049816.jpg[/url]
View Quote

[pit mode] "Only 91 more punches, and I am legally justified in biting this a-holes face right off!  All Right!!!" [/pit mode]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It really has nothing to do with the breed of dog (discounting the little candy-ass dogs of course).  You "wrestle" with any dog while raising them, they'll enjoy it.  Since most pitbulls are owned by people that want a rough and tumble dog, the dogs are taught that wrestling is an acceptable pack game.
View Quote

Ah yes, futhering the stereo type about APBT owners.  At least you didn't call them weimershizzles.  It's Weimaraner.  Weims are too busy working for a living to want to be punched.  Something APBT welfare dogs wouldn't know about. [:D]
You should come over and punch my male.  He's froggy.  Punch my female and she'd roll over.  Not because it hurt but because she's a drama queen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Mines liked to get kicked...It got to a point my pit would try to tackle my legs when he knew he was gonna get it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All Pit Bulls have an instinctive knowledge imparted to them by their higher power that they will one day eat everyone who punches them.
View Quote

Yep, he enjoys it because he knows he could kill you if he wanted.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#10]
That thing's a friggin' mouth with legs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It really has nothing to do with the breed of dog (discounting the little candy-ass dogs of course).  You "wrestle" with any dog while raising them, they'll enjoy it.  Since most pitbulls are owned by people that want a rough and tumble dog, the dogs are taught that wrestling is an acceptable pack game.
View Quote

Ah yes, futhering the stereo type about APBT owners.  At least you didn't call them weimershizzles.  It's Weimaraner.  Weims are too busy working for a living to want to be punched.  Something APBT welfare dogs wouldn't know about. [:D]
You should come over and punch my male.  He's froggy.  Punch my female and she'd roll over.  Not because it hurt but because she's a drama queen.
View Quote

I love this one:
I was walking my two dogs (one full pit, one half) one day when I see this yuppie couple coming towards me with a weimaraner.  When I say yuppie, I mean sweater over the shoulders, penny loafers, full bore yuuppie.  When they get close, their silly weimaraner growls at us.  My two start to split up surrounding the bigger dog, and which point both the dog AND the owner start crying like the bitches they were.  I reigned in my two dogs and nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.
What kind of work is it that weimaraner's are supposed to do anyway?  Every one I've ever seen has been no better than a standard poodle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:10:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#13]
... That's a nice lookin' pooch there [b]Wave[/b]!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think my dog would care much for a closed fist punch.  However, he does like an open hand whack on the side.  Not a pet, but a whack!  He just smiles and looks at you like he wants more.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/graphics/zeus.jpg[/img]

Dogs can be strange.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Weimereiners are great bird dogs.

C4
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:00:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#17]
My boy likes to jump up, off the ground and latch onto a low hanging branch. Legs dangling, he then starts tugging and shaking the tree.
But what he REALLY likes, is for me to punch him in the side of the head/jaw, while he's doing this.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p8bbefbd54dee3c036f12e828acf43303/fd7026af.jpg[/img]

A bit of advice to anyone who ever finds a Pitbull hanging onto them....

...don't try punching them in the head.
It only makes the jaws get tighter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Weimerieners are supposed to be good bird dogs. A friend had one dind't to too good on the birds,our
springer on the other had was great on birds.
Mrs. Wildweasel
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I wrestle with mine all of the time. I don't punch him though. APBT's have been bred for generations to ignore pain, and they do it quite well.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9775[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Try punching mine![}:D]
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=6187&iGalleryUnq=770&iImageUnq=14135[/url]
View Quote

Wave, is that I Fila, If so, I used to have one that could be the spitting image of yours.  Sorry ass neighbors thought it was a menace to the neighborhood and decided that poisoning my baby was the way to go.  I swear to what ever God that exists, that the culprits of this dastardly deed will rue the day that I get proof of which one did it.....

--mike
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Some Rotties seem to enjoy a good punching
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
one day when I see this yuppie couple coming towards me with a weimaraner.  When I say yuppie, I mean sweater over the shoulders, penny loafers, full bore yuuppie.  When they get close, their silly weimaraner growls at us.  My two start to split up surrounding the bigger dog, and which point both the dog AND the owner start crying like the bitches they were.  I reigned in my two dogs and nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.
View Quote

You must have been so proud.  

Wait a minute...  Isn't this the came crew that claims the bull is just like any other dog.  Those that you fight with about bulls should archive this post, to use in future battles with you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#23]
The neighbor's dog likes to be patted hard on the ass.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, I wrestle with mine all of the time. I don't punch him though. APBT's have been bred for generations to ignore pain, and they do it quite well.

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9775[/url]
View Quote

Except for the color, that dog has the same look as the dog from the Khar Arms pistol adds!
All head, & teeth. Is his name bitey?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not sure about the pit bulls, but
can someone tell me why I like to punch poodles?
View Quote

Is that some sort of euphamism?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#26]
well, I wouldn't punch mine but he sure as hell loves wrestling, roughousing and swinging off the end of his chew rope.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#27]
A friend of mine had a couple of schnauzers...the male loved to be beaten.....with a board....we worked construction and here comes dragging a board so we could hit him with it......
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
one day when I see this yuppie couple coming towards me with a weimaraner.  When I say yuppie, I mean sweater over the shoulders, penny loafers, full bore yuuppie.  When they get close, their silly weimaraner growls at us.  My two start to split up surrounding the bigger dog, and which point both the dog AND the owner start crying like the bitches they were.  I reigned in my two dogs and nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.
View Quote

Wait a minute...  Isn't this the same crew that claims the bull is just like any other dog.  Those that you fight with about bulls should archive this post, to use in future battles with you.
View Quote

I don't think you'll ever find an American Pitbull owner who would say that "the (pit)bull is just like any other dog".  Most owners believe their Pits to be superior to "other dogs".
And that a pair of pits would merely "surround" some yapping cur, is hardly an indictment of the breed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Not exactly my point, although, much of that superiority revolves around fighting skills.

Norman is at fault here, for allowing his dogs to intimidate these people, simply because he doesn't like yuppies.  He obviously knew his dogs would react in such a fashion, and didn't stop it.  The 'its their fault because their dog growled' excuse doesn't fly, as it seems pretty clear that he approached the scenerio with an attitude of 'sure, let's let'em fight, you'll be sorry then sweater-boy'.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait a minute...  Isn't this the same crew that claims the bull is just like any other dog.  Those that you fight with about bulls should archive this post, to use in future battles with you.
View Quote

I don't think you'll ever find an American Pitbull owner who would say that "the (pit)bull is just like any other dog".  Most owners believe their Pits to be superior to "other dogs".
And that a pair of pits would merely "surround" some yapping cur, is hardly an indictment of the breed.
View Quote

Exactly, my dogs were perfectly happy to walk on by.  It was the aggressive "big king shit" attitude of the yuppie dog that set them off.  If he hadn't growled there wouldn't have been a problem.  My dogs have never ever started a fight with a person or another dog, and because they worked together as a team, they never had to finish one.  As soon as they spread out, every person and animal that has behaved agressively has figured out that their gonna lose and backed down.  What would you do? Pittbull to the left of you, pittbull to the right, and a freaky looking tattooed bastard in the middle with a gun?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not exactly my point, although, much of that superiority revolves around fighting skills.
View Quote
...and strength, determination, loyalty, tree-climbing skills, swimming, running, hiking, etc.
My pit will out-swim ANY water dog.

Norman is at fault here, for allowing his dogs to intimidate these people, simply because he doesn't like yuppies.  He obviously knew his dogs would react in such a fashion, and didn't stop it.
View Quote
But he did "stop it".
His dogs didn't attack, they maneuvered. No harm, no foul. It sure sounds like his dogs are well trained, and in total control.
The 'its their fault because their dog growled' excuse doesn't fly, as it seems pretty clear that he approached the scenerio with an attitude of 'sure, let's let'em fight, you'll be sorry then sweater-boy'.
View Quote
That's an unfair read.
[b]"sure, let's let'em fight"??[/b]
Where did you come up with that idea?
He said nothing that would lead anyone to this conclusion.  Perhaps you just have a preconceived notion about Pitbulls and their owners.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Where did you come up with that idea? He said nothing that would lead anyone to this conclusion.
View Quote
You're right, it was originally an assumption, but he verified in a subsequent post with:[b]"Pittbull to the left of you, pittbull to the right, and a freaky looking tattooed bastard in the middle with a gun?"[/b]

Perhaps you just have a preconceived notion about Pitbulls and their owners.
View Quote
Not all of them, but I have a justified concern with some of them.  Some owners fancy themselves as toughguy badasses, and just have to have a dog that fits the image.  These are the people of concern, because they don't reinforce the 'sweet dog' traits that the dog is capable of being.  Being badass is all important...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#33]
My old Lab used to like having her back vacuumed.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did you come up with that idea? He said nothing that would lead anyone to this conclusion.
View Quote
You're right, it was originally an assumption, but he verified in a subsequent post with:[b]"Pittbull to the left of you, pittbull to the right, and a freaky looking tattooed bastard in the middle with a gun?"[/b]

Perhaps you just have a preconceived notion about Pitbulls and their owners.
View Quote
Not all of them, but I have a justified concern with some of them.  Some owners fancy themselves as toughguy badasses, and just have to have a dog that fits the image.  These are the people of concern, because they don't reinforce the 'sweet dog' traits that the dog is capable of being.  Being badass is all important...
View Quote

Alright, the "tattooed freak" bit was meant as a joke, but I guess you didn't get it.  I am the furthest thing from a "badass" but because I've got tattoos, and dogs, and a harley, and guns, narrow minded little twits think I'm so concerned with them thinking I'm a badass.  Truth be told I couldn't care less what they think, so they can continue to go through life with their heads up their asses.

What would you expect ANY dog to do when growled at by a larger animal anyway?  My dogs are just like me (and any dog that is worth a shit for that matter), if you come at me in an aggressive manner then I'm going to respond in kind.  What do you do, turn tail and run?  The weimaraner thought he owned the sidewalk 'cause he was big.  The yuppie thought he owned the sidewalk 'cause he's a yuppie.  Both are used to their loud bark scaring others off, and in this case it didn't work.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the only way I'd punch a pit bull is from three hundred yards.
View Quote

Lon? Is that you??

[;D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

"BITCH"!
View Quote

[rofl2]

IBTL!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Every Weimaraner I've ever met has been agressive. Not every APBT has been. Every Yuppie I've ever met has been a snotty little prick. Not every person with tattoos has been a tough guy. Some are tough girls. Weimy's mouth wrote a check it's ass couldn't cash. Norman kept control of the situation and got to see some snot nosed rich folks squirm. For that he's being a tough guy? Sounds to me like Biff Puff didn't know how to control his dog, or didn't feel a person in his tax bracket should have to.
Normans lucky he wasn't alone and it wasn't 2 Weimaraners. They were used to hunt deer in Germany. They would bring the Stag down by clamping on to its' scrotum. And people say Pit Bulls are dangerous!

Hey Leif, when he barks, does it sound like Oi!?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Alright, the "tattooed freak" bit was meant as a joke, but I guess you didn't get it.  I am the furthest thing from a "badass" but because I've got tattoos, and dogs, and a harley, and guns, narrow minded little twits like you think I'm so concerned with you thinking I'm a badass.  Truth be told I couldn't care less what you think, so continue to go through life with your head up your ass.
View Quote

Perhaps I overreacted.  That friggin story sounds like it came right out of one of my nieghbors mouths.  This guy must go home and stroke it while reciting how much of a tough guy he is.  I think he's got a book or something on how to project such an image.  He's stunned when someone doesn't give him his 'props.

As far as me being a twit with my head up my ass, I'm not going to get into a pissing match.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
[b]Knock off the name calling and personal attacks[/b]

View Quote

You got it, about to edit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright, the "tattooed freak" bit was meant as a joke, but I guess you didn't get it.  I am the furthest thing from a "badass" but because I've got tattoos, and dogs, and a harley, and guns, narrow minded little twits like you think I'm so concerned with you thinking I'm a badass.  Truth be told I couldn't care less what you think, so continue to go through life with your head up your ass.
View Quote

Perhaps I overreacted.  That friggin story sounds like it came right out of one of my nieghbors mouths.  This guy must go home and stroke it while reciting how much of a tough guy he is.  I think he's got a book or something on how to project such an image.  He's stunned when someone doesn't give him his 'props.

As far as me being a twit with my head up my ass, I'm not going to get into a pissing match.
View Quote

DriftPunch
I read it the same way you did and I wasnt surprised by anything after.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#44]
hehe, here's my buddy, don't think anyone would be dumb enough to try and punch him... you'd have 90lbs of teeth on your face.  He put a hole through a roofer's hand and the piece of gutter that was in it, a burglarly suspect who jumped our fence trying to avoid the cops also got "a calcium deposit"

He'll attack to defend, but won't ever go the distance and mangle anyone, isn't he cute

[img]http://www.oddshaped.com/kevin/pictures/champmarch22/images/110_1017.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#45]
its a shame a bunch of assholes have given pits a bad name, i had them all my life and they were great dogs, all of them

now, just for liabilities sake though, we've switched to black labs
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#46]
There Paul I edited my post.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#48]
... That's a damned handsome doggie there [b]thesacrifice[/b].
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A friend of mine had a couple of schnauzers...the male loved to be beaten.....with a board....we worked construction and here comes dragging a board so we could hit him with it......
View Quote

Damn, for some reason I find this really funny!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#50]
thesacrifice
Your right he is a " cute one " He's a good looking dog. Can you leave him out alone ? I havent met one yet that didnt like to roam around abit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top