Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 8:20:03 AM EDT

I know a lot of knowledgeable mechanics frequent this board, so I am hoping someone can help me with this problem.

Installed a timing belt and water pump in a 1999 KIA Sephia (1.8 litre DOHC). The new water pump started making a clicking noise soon after installation. The pump was after-market so I figured it was just a defective pump. I replaced it with a dealer pump and it is still making the clicking noise. Close examination of both pump and front of block where pump mounts did not turn up any suspicious marks.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

I know these are cheap-made cars, but this is for a customer of mine and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you replace the belts with factory ones from the dealer instead of autozone cheapies?

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard metalic click or softer non metalic click?

Does it change with engine speed change?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hard metalic click or softer non metalic click?
View Quote

Light metallic "ticking" is probably a better description.

Used a NAPA timing belt.

Panzer Out

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top