Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 6:33:23 PM EDT
My good friend and hunting buddie passed away very suddenly a little while ago....

He was a retired baseball coach, a great guy, a elder in a church, some one who was like a dad to me.....

He had a love for hunting, we would talk for hours about bow hunting and rifle hunting, we would shoot our bows together, he was just a great guy...

He also had a love for the things of the Lord, his wife and 3 kids are awsome, his wife and himself had adaopted all 3 of thier kids, two of whom are married with children and his youngest duaghter still at home...

I may not be around much, damn this hurts...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
my condolences to you and his family.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like your loss is heavens gain.

Sorry to hear this, you'll never forget, but the pain will ease.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My family has lost a couple of close hunting pals/family friends; one to cancer and one to liver failure. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My condolences, 1shott.

Praise God, it sounds like he was a good Man!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
God speed 1shott, be strong.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My most sincere condolences and prayers to his family and you.  It sounds like he was truly a good man.

GBT
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My condolences to you and yours.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone..

Cant sleep, I have not yet talked with his wife yet, I found out he passed away through a 3rd party, a good friend of his wife`s...

Still cant believe it, I am really going to miss that man, we allways picked on each other, he would ride me about not being able to out hunt him and take a trophey whitetail....

He took his first Turkey last year, that was blast, he was pumped....

I last talked with him on Monday, he was getting ready to do some painting to his house, he was asking me about scaffolding...

Heck I dont know, it seems you only really click with a just a few people, he was one of them..

OK I will stop rambling now and try to get some sleep
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm Sorry 1shott...I know what you are going through..I just lost my Uncle this week.

I'll put him and his family in my prayers tonight.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry man, just went through this a couple months ago.  Sucks.  I'm still not completely "OK" with it, though I'm not sure how to be.  Just do your best to be there for the family and remember it's going to hurt a lot and just ride it out.  Sorry again.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Very sorry about your loss.

Be strong.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for your loss 1shott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top