Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:19:44 PM EDT
It caught me off guard! Not once, but twice! [:D]

I'm a transplant, but I take comfort knowing a great majority of the defenders of the Alamo were transplants too.

I was on the phone working with a large client, can't say who but it's a good bet you have spent at least one night under their roof as a guest, when a fella asked me where I was located.  I told him I'm in Austin, and he replied "I knew you weren't from around here" (he is located in Braintree, MA, and they are normaly serviced by our facility in Frazer, PA) " because your polite and way too helpful.  Thanks [b]Tex[/b]!".  

I was dumbfounded.  I couldn't believe my ears.

About 90 minutes later my phone rings, and I answered, "Network Ops, this is David, how can I help you?".  It's was the same fella.  "[b]Tex[/b]!  I didn't think those people would ever get me in touch with you.  I was wondering if you could tell me..."

I couldn't help it, I started chuckling.  He wasn't being a smartass about it so I guess it was a complement of sorts.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah, that's a compliment.
WELCOME to TEXAS.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...if you live in Texas, and they call you "Tex", I wonder what they'd call me from M[red]ass[/red]achusetts?..... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what they'd call me from Massachusetts?
View Quote

Why, a masshole, of course!!!!! My wife's two sisters and their browbeat husbands live in your fair state. You are not better off as a result.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm...if you live in Texas, and they call you "Tex", I wonder what they'd call me from M[red]ass[/red]achusetts?..... [:D]
View Quote

LOL...  nah..  here in Texas, we see a yankee like you wearing a cowboy hat, we call you Rex..

Other Texas boys will know what I'm talken about.. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder what they'd call me from Massachusetts?
View Quote

Why, a masshole, of course!!!!!
View Quote

Yep- sad to say, but the liberals have overtaken this once-great state like a phage...

My wife's two sisters and their browbeat husbands live in your fair state. You are not better off as a result.
View Quote

The husbands are probably charter members of Stop Handgun Violence (local gun grabbers...) My misfortune is your gain- you are better off without them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Your an offical Texican now.  [wave]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL...  nah..  here in Texas, we see a yankee like you wearing a cowboy hat, we call you Rex..
View Quote

If somebody ever put a cowboy hat on my head, I'd be punching down the crown and cocking up the sides to make it into a Minuteman's tricorn hat (this is known as "Yankee reflex" [:D]).....

Other Texas boys will know what I'm talken about.. [;)]
View Quote

You mean like Rex Reed, the famous, campy, sashaying "feelm criteek" for the New York Times?.... he's originally from Texas, too.....[:O][:X]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It caught me off guard! Not once, but twice! [:D]
View Quote

Called that once by someone with a Southern Accent. But the words "nice shooting" went before it.

Dunno if it
1.was a friend of mine plinking some rich kid in the nuts with a BB gun as he was turning to face him.

2. Me nailing a no parking sign with a red rider at at least a forty five degree angle from a second story window.

Or 3. A retired Marine Corps Sniper I know. Turning around in his chair, putting his left arm over his right shoulder, and shooting me in the calf with his own BB pistol as I was running.*  

*Stupid me only being a white belt, now that I'm approaching red belt, an ultimatum. "Plink me with that. I dive over this table, tackle you, and pinch a nerve complex on your inner thigh." [}:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top