Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 9:36:30 AM EDT
I am 24 and could start having kids tomorrow if I wanted to[sex]

But I have decided to hold getting married and having kids until I am around 30.  Mainly because I dont want to make the mistakes my parents made and I want to have more money in the bank.

[url=http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=120-06252003]This article got me thinking[/url]

Do you guys think that we have a duty to help define the future character of this great nation by adding more copies of ourselves to the population?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont have any, dont want any, and dont feel anything but sure I will be stuck out in the cold when I am old.

I am 40
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too, only I'm 32.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not bring a child into this world now...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Times have changed...

Today it is acceptable to wait until you are in your 30's to have kids.  Years ago, you may have been labeled an 'old maid'.

The downfall to waiting is you may potentially be missing seeing your grandkids grow up.

BTW, I have a 7 and 5 year old at home, and one in the oven, if you know what I mean...  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Jeez- I got three already- how many more am I supposed to have?[%|]

Caveat: I married at 31, didn't have kids until 35. Now have three, ages, 11, 8, 6. Wouldn't miss them for the world.

Liberty86- when is/was/will be a good time to bring kids into the world?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm 30 and don't want any kids.  At the very least you have a responsible attitude unlike the lowlifes that squirt out pups to get more welfare.

I guess I have to be selfish and say that much like most of my generation I say 'fuck it'.  I'm spending all of my time and money on me and my significant other.  It's just not worth it.  

I can live vicariously through all my friends who are having kids now, and can leave at the end of the night.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I am surprised at how many of you dont want kids.  We need future NRA members damnit!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]
no
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't want kids, infact I couldn't stand being around others kids for very long.  Then I had my own and wouldn't have it any other way.  Your attitude changes when the baby is yours.  We're going to have a few more at least.  I'm 23 and didn't want to be an old man when my kids need me to help them with sports, or when we go camping, hiking, fishing, hunting etc.  I'd like to keep up with em and have them all outta the house by the time I'm 50 instead of driving them to kindergarten like so many parents I know.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you feel guilty for not having more kids?
View Quote

No, one was more than enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm too old (41) to be making babies. My sisters have had plenty.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I am 45, my wife is umm, well a little younger than me.
Everytime we feel guilty for not having kids, we go on a vacation or buy more toys.
Then we feel much better. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Married at 29, 2 kids (boy & girl) divorced 8 years later.

Wife had a biological clock that wouldn't quit.  Socially programmed that having kids and being a mommy was the only way for her life to turn out.

Divorced my ass when she realized that getting the world to match what you think reality should look like doesn't make you happy.

Anyone that wants marriage/kids before 30 these days needs to make an appointment with the shrink.  Getting married in your teens was fine when you lived until maybe 40 and you needed the manual labor to stay alive.

Now when you can live to 80+ to make those kinds of commitments and take on that kind of responsibly when you're that young is irresponsible.

The person you are at 20 wouldn't recognize you at 30.

Enjoy your life, revel in the freedom.  Don’t be in such a hurry to limit your choices.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am 24 and could start having kids tomorrow if I wanted to[sex]

But I have decided to hold getting married and having kids until I am around 30.  Mainly because I dont want to make the mistakes my parents made and I want to have more money in the bank.

[url=http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=120-06252003]This article got me thinking[/url]

Do you guys think that we have a duty to help define the future character of this great nation by adding more copies of ourselves to the population?
View Quote

Won't get married and won't have kids. Ok I can't say won't but rather don't plan on having kids, and i refuse to get married, nope, not gunna happen, never. Why should i feel guilty for not having kids, kids are great when you can give them back at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#16]
At 51 years of age and recently separated, I can say that the idea of having more children is definitely something that appeals to me!

I just have to get far enough back in the woods to find a woman who won't mind that the father of her children will be in his early 70s when their kids graduate from High School!

Eric The('HiYa,Pops!')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I had a teacher in the gifted program in middle school that preached to us weekly that we needed to be having 5 kids each as we were the "smart ones" and we had a social responsibility to offset the idiots of the world.

These days it's reverse natural selection.  The intelligent and genetically desireable people have fewer kids, while the idiot mutants have hundreds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Amen, legs.

MarianLibrarian wants some bad...I hope I'm shooting blanks.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#20]
We've waited to get stable financially. There were some times in there that I know that if we'd have been saddled with the responsibility of children, we would have been seriously screwed.

I could fall down on my face in front of my wife begging to have kids and she will refuse right now. She's 6 years younger than me (I'm 32 & she's 26). She's into her career now and "doesn't want to wreck her body with some tit chewing parasite" (her words).

I think it's delusional to squeeze out a bunch of kids when you can't even provide any security for yourself and your wife, let alone a bunch of dependent mouths to feed. It compunds stress, adds to a bad situation, and compromises the quality of parenting that you SHOULD be providing.

My sister got married at 18 and had a kid 2 years later. She and my bro-in-law have struggled their entire married life.

Why would I resign myself to that fate? Neither of us derive enough pleasure from children to be willing to make the compromise. Why should you even consider bearing offspring when you use the word 'compromise' within the same context? It's not fair to the kid.

Besides, more copies of myself won't do squat with the volume of suburbanite, Klinton-voting, mini-van-driving, soccer sows having litter after litter. I refuse to do that to my kids - who would want to willfully create cannon fodder for the utopian dreaming zombie offspring?

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I WISH I could afford to have kids.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I have two kids, a girl and a boy.  I love them dearly but never want another one.

I had them young, 23.  So you are very wise in waiting.  Money was an issue.

Sghtar15
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Children should be a joy! While I don't have children of my own I have witnessed someone close to me raise his children in a very rare manner. He has invested 110% of himself into his children. He is seeing the fruits of his labor of love now as he has children that are bright, articulate, well-rounded and simply a joy to be around. Unfortunately he is an exception and not the rule.

TT [wave]

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Children should be a joy! While I don't have children of my own I have witnessed someone close to me raise his children in a very rare manner. He has invested 110% of himself into his children. He is seeing the fruits of his labor of love now as he has children that are bright, articulate, well-rounded and simply a joy to be around. Unfortunately he is an exception and not the rule.

TT [wave]

View Quote
 Have you been spying on me or what?[;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Children are the only true joy in life.

The rest of the toys, vacations and all the other trappings bestowed upon yourself are nothing but an illusion at happiness.

Regrets having a child?

Not a regret in the world (well, until he breaks something...lol).
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I want kids so bad I can taste it.

But alas....I'm 38, single never married, don't even have a G/F, and all the women (I've met) at my church and others I frequent are bitter divorcees or fat.

I think men have a biological clock as well. Mine started ticking about 3 years ago.

I love kids, they are what they are and some of what we make of them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But alas....I'm 38, single never married, don't even have a G/F, and all the women (I've met) at my church and others I frequent are bitter divorcees or fat.

I think men have a biological clock as well. Mine started ticking about 3 years ago.

View Quote

Stop trying so hard. A big turn off for anyone is to find out someone who may be interested in you already has the wedding and children planned.

TT
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm 36 and have two.  I wouldn't mind having one more, but no I don't feel guilty for not having more.  Kids should have some personal attention, not be herded like cattle.
As for those who utter the ridiculous statement that they wouldn't "bring children into the world today" I have to laugh uproariously at that nonsense.  Is this world that we live in worse than it was when the barbarian hordes were pouring over all of Europe, killing burning and raping?  Is it worse than when the entire Middle East was covered with chariot-driving nomads who were smashing ancient civilizations before them one by one?  Is it worse, by God, than when the entire world economy collapsed in 29?  When Facism and Naziism and Communism looked like they would spread across the world like a wildfire and devour everything decent in their wake?
Hell no.  What a crock.  We don't know how good we have it.
I will tell you a couple more things.  I loathed being around children before we had our own.  After my son was born...it was just DIFFERENT.  I love kids now.  I like hearing them yell and laugh.  It's LIFE.
One last thing: I don't think you ever really know what love is until you have your own kids.  You THINK you know, but but you don't.  It's a different, more significant feeling than you've ever had before.
Children aren't for everyone.  Some people never grow up, some couples aren't stable enough---believe me, the year after your first kid is born is a gauntlet for your marriage.  It's damned hard.
But if you can survive it, it's the most rewarding thing you'll ever do.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

TT [wave]

View Quote

[size=6]BINGO!!![/size=6]

Anything less is not enough.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 25 and feel mostly the same way. Except most of the chicks are brainless liberals or skanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I figure in the not to distant future our Constitution will be modified to reflect the new majorities culture and desires. At that juncture it wouldn't surprise me if whites were not even allowed to breed. [V]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Children are wonderful, but they are not for everyone.  Mrs. Fox and I are both in our 50's and have been married for 21 years and are ecstatic not to have children.  Neither of us ever wanted children and we have never regretted not having them.  For us, we could never envision any reward that children could bring to our lives that would be worth the commitment.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I figure in the not to distant future our Constitution will be modified to reflect the new majorities culture and desires. At that juncture it wouldn't surprise me if whites were not even allowed to breed. [V]
View Quote

Would you like your strait jacket in white or mauve?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I noticed this when I first started working in Law Enforcement.  The professional educated married people I knew were not having kids.  However the illegal immigrants & drug addicts were popping them out as fast as they can. The result of this trend is going to be scary.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Jeez- I got three already- how many more am I supposed to have?[%|]
View Quote

A fire-team is acceptable. A Squad would be better...

I'll get flamed for this, but...

Something I noticed working with gang members. White skin head type cgangs, such as the various chrisrtian identity movements, treat their women very well. They have figured out that reproduction shapes the world at least as fast a politics can.

It appears La Raza has figured it out too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm 17. All I can say about having kids is, Thank god for contraception [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I noticed this when I first started working in Law Enforcement.  The professional educated married people I knew were not having kids.  However the illegal immigrants & drug addicts were popping them out as fast as they can. The result of this trend is going to be scary.
View Quote

Eventually, us working stiffs will be phased out and there will be noone to provide the $$$$ to the programs and society will collapse.  Nothing scary about that, we will be long dead and the type of people we are, will be extinct.  Its not like we are gonna see it.  We are just a dying breed in this world.  

Note: by breed, I mean, the people who take responsibility for their actions etc.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm 46, never had any and certainly never felt I had to.

View Quote

?? As in DNA or morals or  what? Other than DNA, which could result in a recessive gene(s) appearing due to your partner, there is no guarantee of your offspring following your "moral code."

Now if you are thinking along the lines of a Master Race that's worse.

Don't have children until you and your partner agree to have them, if at all, on your own terms.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#41]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I figure in the not to distant future our Constitution will be modified to reflect the new majorities culture and desires. At that juncture it wouldn't surprise me if whites were not even allowed to breed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you like your strait jacket in white or mauve?
View Quote

Probably white, to match the sheet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top