Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:20:07 AM EDT
Getting tired of paying $6.00 for a 5 oz. bag of Bridgeford at the grocery store.

I know you guys got all the cheap hookups.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Want some beef jerky?  www.manmeatforsteyr.com

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
don't they have [s]beef jerky[/s] GUN shows where you live
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry, couldn't help myself...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Make your own.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Make your own.
View Quote

Yeah....go jerk your own meat......[;D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't there a Gun Show Forum here someplace?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Gun show beef jerky costs more than the grocery store.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
THE BEST jerky I have ever had personally is from Nicholson's Meat Co. in the little town of Mertzon, TX (I hunt just down the road from there).  It goes for about $22 a pound, individually wrapped.  Here's the link:

[url]http://www.nicholsonsjerky.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I make my own. I've got one of those ???Harvest dehydrators. I buy meat on thursdays when they have the managers special marked down meat. Depending on the cut, I either slice it or I grind it. I've got one of the caulking gun type extruders for the ground beef style. I haven't mastered the art of "pulling" jerky so if it's a nice roast I just slice it and marinate it, if I have to cut the fat out and wind up with chunks then I grind it. It's amazing that a #5 roast is reduced to about a pound of jerky. Most of the time I buy the prepacked spice mixes, I make my own marinade for the sliced. Load up the dehydrator in the evening and it's ready in the morning. How many pounds would it take to barter for a pre-ban Colt? [rofl]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I make my own. I've got one of those ???Harvest dehydrators. I buy meat on thursdays when they have the managers special marked down meat. Depending on the cut, I either slice it or I grind it. I've got one of the caulking gun type extruders for the ground beef style. I haven't mastered the art of "pulling" jerky so if it's a nice roast I just slice it and marinate it, if I have to cut the fat out and wind up with chunks then I grind it. It's amazing that a #5 roast is reduced to about a pound of jerky. Most of the time I buy the prepacked spice mixes, I make my own marinade for the sliced. Load up the dehydrator in the evening and it's ready in the morning. How many pounds would it take to barter for a pre-ban Colt? [rofl]
View Quote

I use a dehydrator as well. Just make the stuff in the garage or out of doors.I made a batch once and the whole house reeked for a couple days.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.jerkyhut.com[/url]

Good shit mon!! If you like spicy, go for the chernobyl or the nitro varieties..[devil]

-T.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
make your own. its cheaper and you can customize it to your tastes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The best is the stuff SauceGal sells, it also lasts a long time since it's very thinly sliced:

[url]www.saucegal.com[/url]

Also around here Walmart sells some not-terrible jerky for $2.99 (?) per 1/4 pound.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
If you don't make it yourself, here is another source.

[url]http://www.smokedmeats.com/[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top