Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:26:49 AM EDT
My old Honda thumper is costing me to much time maintaining.It's a 500cc built in 82.
I'm looking to get a new one and am thinking of the new Honda 650 or a simular KTM model.
I did a search on KTM and couldn't really figure out the available street models other than the real large ones with fairings and those aren't for me
I like the Honda but they only get about 100 miles per tank and I think the KTM's look "cooler".
Most of my riding will be on roads around town and on the dirt on camping trips or when I take my boy out to ride his RM.
Do any of you have any experiance with these bikes?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to www.thumpertalk.com

great resource for info.  I have a suzuki DRZ400E that has been plated and liscenced for the road.  My riding is 80% dirt and 20% street.  It is a great multi-purpose bike and since your boy has an RM why not stick with suzuki....  great bikes

Depending on which state you live in you may not be able to get certain bikes licensed for the road.  check with your dealer or the site above.  I know alot of people have gotten the DRZ400S because of this reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top