Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 3:30:11 AM EDT
He's out of there. At least he wasnt touching kids

(Richmond, VA) -- Parishioners say he could not walk the walk for the talk he talked and now a south side preacher is off the job. By a vote of 185-41, members of Richmond's Morning Star Baptist Church have ousted the Reverend Jerry L. McCrary Jr. from the pulpit. After first allowing McCrary to stay on the job after several run-ins with the law, the congregation reversed itself on Sunday. McCrary had been cited twice in just over a year for drunk driving and then again for driving on a suspended license. But the appearance in the press last week of a McCrary mugshot apparently was too much. The photo showed McCrary wearing makeup and a woman's wig following an arrest for allegedly making a sex-for-money proposition offer to an undercover city policeman. McCrary was convicted of prostitution in February. He was prohibited from preaching last Sunday prior to the vote.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow! I always heard you should never take just 1 Baptist fishing with you because he would drink all yer beer! But the preacher is outta there for a serious amount of infractions. I wonder what the 41 hold outs logic was to want to have him stay.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
He'll probably get elected to Richmond City Council.  He'd fit right in.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the people that wanted him to stay were his paying customers.

Wait I guess they all paid him, some just got a different type of lip service

HAHAH i made a joke
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like we have a candidate for the Mayor of DC boys...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]Three Religious Truths:[/b]
1. Jews do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah.
2. Methodists do not recognize the Pope's authority.
3. Baptists do not recognize one another in Hooters or the liquor store.
View Quote

LMAO, Jarhead.
You will never find more hypocrites than in a church.[peep]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, the U.S. Congress comes to mind
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, the U.S. Congress comes to mind
View Quote

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you
were a member of congress; but I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
View Quote

Stop, stop...you're killing me...
[ROFL2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top