Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:57:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya brother.. my 2001 vehicle (SUV) was rear ended, I only had about 2400 miles total on it.. but thats nothing...

my buddie had just bought a new VW GTS (jetta).. at 60 miles on the ODO... had his front end
totaled by some asshole who was at the stop sign in front of him.. the guy decided to back up w/o looking because he forgot something at home..  was 100yds from my buddies house.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that sucks.  Did she at least have insurance??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Did she let you return the favour?

[;D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It finally got hit?  You're lucky.

My wife got a yellow '03 sport trac in Dec '02.  It has 6,800 on the odometer now and has BEEN HIT NO LESS THAN FOUR TIMES.  Sideswiped by an uninsured 16 year old while parked along a curb.  Said he didn't see it.  Did I mention it's bright freaking yellow?  His parents did pay to have it fixed.  It has a dent in the passenger fender from who knows what and I've had to buff two spots where something black left paint or rubber behind.

Now there are paint chips from where a detour forced her onto a freshly graveled street.  She'd have driven ten miles around the detour if it had just been marked.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh man Lumpy, I remember seeing it at the pit shoot, nice truck.

Reminds me of when I got my new '83 Z-28.  I had it for 2 days, and on devils night someone threw acid or something on the pax side door.  Ate the paint to bare metal.  I never could get that paint to look right after that.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did she let you return the favour?

[;D]
View Quote

Funny. [:)]

I hope you at least had a trailer hitch. [:)]
Sorry, that sucks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Asspacks
View Quote

That was funny as hell, Dave... sorry to hear about your truck though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
thats one of the reasons why im against ever having a new car, especially in the big city.

i want to get a POS and make a battering ram type all steel bumper that will destroy any car that hits me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I think my truck may look like CampyBobs,runs great but no one outside of Warez would want to steal it!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a POS 94 dodge ram and I have been "asspacked" 3x...Twice within 2 months and both times by Toyota's...Both Toyota's were a total loss..My truck only suffered $1600 damage.

I just wish dodge would cover their shitty paint jobs..Mine peels off in sheets..Keeps the truck low profile though.. [;)]

Even though they're build like tanks, I'll NEVER own another dodge..They don't call em "dodge" FOR NOTHING

Most economy type cars basically go under trucks and don't cause much damage to the truck when they're "asspacked"...Good luck
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I were headed home from King Soopers in our Cherokee late at night (she was driving).  We stopped behind a van at a stopsign.  All of a sudden the assclown driving the van put it into reverse and smashed into the front of our Cherokee.  Turns out some drunk guy had the company van out with his friends (one of his friends was driving, not drunk).  They were freaking out because they were afraid that the boss would find out and that I was going to stomp their asses.  Anyway, I told them it would cost $200 to fix my Cherokee and they paid me in cash.  In actuality only the bumper and bumper brackets were ruined so I came out ahead.  Amazingly, the van was unscathed.  Lucky for them, I guess.

I have a 90 pound steel bumper on my pickup - of course, nobody ever runs into it...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I got rear ended by an Exploder (in my 01 Tundra) and my trailer hitch seriosly messed up his bumper, grill and radiator.  I didn't even see any scratches on my bumper.  Didn't even bother to trade info, as the guy was STILL TALKING on his cell phone (I saw him behind me in the rearview just before the accident talking on the phone).  I just pulled over, got out and inspected for any damage, told the guy he was lucky (that I had no damage), and rolled.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
[b]Christ, why bother trying to keep something nice with buttplugs like her on the road.[/b]

dude!!! do like gene and i do...drive a beater!

no one comes near us! expeditions and navigators flee in terror at the sight of my jagged rust holes and dented panels!

my vehicles are worth FAR LESS than anything else on the road! they scream, "go ahead....make my day!"!!

hey...i'll do you a big favor, lumpy! let's bring our titles to bulletfest and i'll put you in the seat of the safest vehicle on the north american continent...my loyal and reliable, rusty s-10!

oh, and don't bother fixing that bumper. i'll just use it as the first "intimidation mark" on my new silverado farm beater! heheh!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I equipped my wife with a 1969 Buick Electra 225 when we were first married.  Without fail, she would clip the side of Landing Lane Brifge in New Brunswick, NJ on her way home from Rutgers.  The county finally gave up and rebuilt the bridge and she contiunued to drive the car long after.

Best car you can drive is one that looks like a reject from the Hellen Keller Driving School.  People see it and stay the hell away in droves.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#17]
got rearended the other day in my 2001 chevy 4x4 crew cab, wasnt awful, she's already got 73000 miles on her at least, but heres the beauty part..............

i was stopped for a school bus complete with red lights flashing and who to my wondering eyes should appear but a stupid cunt in a GEO METRO!!!!!  nailed me hard enough that the bed dimpled the back of the cab, hard enough to wedge the car so far UNDER my truck that the tow truck driver had to hold the car so i could drive my truck off of it (i tried just driving off and i dragged it about 10 feet)

anyway, my factory bumper was bent just to the rear quarter panel but not enough to touch, little tug on it with a come along and nobody was the wiser.  no other damage whatsoever.  her car however, was totaled, hell, my bumper broke out her windshield, thats how far under me she ran.........leaf spring bracket also took the valve cover, maybe the head off the engine, i couldnt see

beauty part?  bitch had no insurance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I had some drunk hit my car while it was parked in my driveway.  He lost control going around the corner I live on.  He took off and I didn't find out what happened until I tried to leave for work the next morning.  My hitch got him good.  He left an entire headlight assembly behind.  Along with a bunch of paint and some beer bottles.  The cops didn't do anything and I never found the person responsible.  The bottles left behind were Corona lite.  What kind of assclown drinks Corona light?  I'm still pissed about this.[V]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top