Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
I ordered a barrel from Bushmaster around April 12 and have still not received it. As of last week it wasn't even close to ready.

I expected to wait, but this is just killing me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What barrel configuration did you order?  I ordered a Bushy post ban M4 Dissipator last June and received it at the end of the year.  If you ordered a barrel configuration that is not very popular, you may be in for a long wait.  Funny thing was, when I called for a update in mid December, I was told that it still wasn't scheduled to be made and that it would be another month or two.  Then, right before New Years, I get a package containing the barrel and a few spare parts that I ordered.  I'm glad that I didn't cancel the order as I'm very happy with it.  But, because it took so long, I had actually started looking for a gov't profile barrel to shorten to 16".  If I would have found one cheap enough, I prolly would've cancelled my order.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I waited 1 year for an Olympic Arm Ultramatch back in '92.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I waited 15 mos. for an Armalite carbine barrel assembly. It was nice when I finally got it... but the wait was rather ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a friend who waited 5 years for a Sharps 45-120 with a special order octagonal barrel and a burl walnut stock. He had put a $800 deposit on it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Two years for one HK product.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]

30 months and counting for my AK from Solstice Arms. Now it's in the Kansas Attorney General's hands.

3 months and counting for my C&R license. Called 'em again today, it's in the mail. We will see.

Ordered some odds and ends from Fred's a while back. Waited patiently for a couple of months before I sent them an e-mail inquiring as to the status of my order. After several more weeks they finally found my order, seems the paperwork fell down behind a counter or something. When I received my order it was incorrect. Took several more months to straighten that out.

I could go on and on.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...Ordered some odds and ends from Fred's a while back. Waited patiently for a couple of months before I sent them an e-mail inquiring as to the status of my order. After several more weeks they finally found my order, seems the paperwork fell down behind a counter or something. When I received my order it was incorrect. Took several more months to straighten that out.
View Quote

Had a similar experience with Fred's but not as long a time period. He didn't care and made [b]NO[/b] attempt to correct it. I found out this is not unusual with him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:20:54 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah its true....Fred's a dick. BUT he says right in his SGN add that he will take his sweet time. be prepared.

i once waited 4 months for stripped lowers from FAC before i canceled. they hadnt had them in stock for over a year and didnt knwo when to expect them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
6 months and counting for a replacement CAVALRY ARMS lower.
They were moving the whole shop and setting up new molds. I think when the company has good reason for a delay it's not a problem.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I have waited 6 years for a gun from a smith.
Four years for a holster from SOE.  And four years and counting for a custom backpack.
NoKarma
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top