Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:15:29 PM EDT
Well boys....I picked up a new vehical.  Previously, the NRA had sent me window stickers.  I am sorta considering putting the sticker on.  But also not putting it on.  What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad idea

Espically if you have a gun in your car like Im guessing you do.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Put it on there!

I have 2 on my truck and my wife has 2 on her's!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Put it on, show some solidarity.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine's proudly displayed on my range box.  Mostly because a) my guns and my interests are MY business, not the next-door-busybody's business, and b) the only people around here who would react positivly to it are people I see at the range on a regular basis.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I got them on my doors of my house for crime deterrance.

Not sure on the cars.  Too mobile.  Don't need some flaming lib going off on my vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think its a good idea. My dad says some people who dont like the NRA will key my car because i do not follow their viewpoints.  No i dont not drive around with a firearm in the car all the time.

Personally i think i will end up putting it on.  But continue with ya'lls sugjestions!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife and I both display NRA stickers on our trucks. Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
It ain't my truck, go ahead, LOL!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Every time I see a car with an NRA sticker, I smile a little.
I'm sure that the NRA stickers on my truck make some brothers smile sometimes too.

It's good to make our opinions known.
Learn from the UK gun ban after Dunblaine. Silence about gun ownership and gun rights is what paves the road to confiscation. Let the thousands of Volvo's that pass you every day know that men exist who take their gun rights very seriously. So seriously that they are willing to tell the world about it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell yes I display my support. Any wimp who claims support but needs to hide it in mixed company is nothing but a wannabe and disgrace to what the NRA and the second ammendment stand for. And, by the way, if you don't have the balls to sport your NRA sticker on your vehicle? What the hell are you doing on this website? For that matter what right do you have owning a gun? You don't sincerely support the gun rights movement get the fuck out of dodge!

edited to say... or get out of your dodge!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
go for it!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Sure, put it on your truck. I've got NRA stickers on my truck, car and motorhome. Plus a gunclub sticker on the truck and motorhome.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had a NRA, GOA and various gun company stickers on my car rear window for the last 5 years and never had a problem.  No keying incidences or people trying to break in because of them.  In fact, I've had a number of complements about them from folks.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I had one on my car.  The worst that happend to it was someone tried to peel off the sticker and put a half eaten sandwich under the windshield wiper and dumped patato chips on the hood.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I went back and forth on this for a while and then I drove up next to ---

A Volvo sedan with a 'SHAME ON THE NRA' bumper sticker on it.

That did it.
My 'NRA' stickers went on in full force.

I hate to 'profile' people, but, if the foo shits...these people in the Volvo just LOOKED LIBERAL!  
White, Volvo driving, Nuclear Family looking LIBERAL.
And the sticker just pissed me off.
So there!

edited to add:  I live in LiberalLand.  I see them every day.  I AM GUILTY.  I PROFILE PEOPLE!
FORGIVE ME!  (nobody ELSE does that, right?)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
go for it.  i've got one of my car and have had no problems.  get it out there for people to see it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#19]
You are in Texas, [b]YES![/b]...

I am in Seattle, [b]NO!!![/b].

All I would need is one of the kommie pinkos keying my new Jeep, me catching them, and I would end up with a case for assaulting their import driving kommie pinko anti American liberal ass....
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#20]
"'Probable Cause' stickers"
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#21]
i jsut got a new used truck myself. First thing i did was put the sticker on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

DING   DING   DING   DING!!!

We have a winner!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I wore my black NRA Sports t-shirt to work last (casual)Friday. My boss walks up to me and says "Is that the NRA that those people belong to who are all radical about...err...ahhh..ummm"
I interrupted her attempt to dance around calling them wild eyed nuts in polite terms with "Their constitutional rights??? Yeah, that's the one"  The look on her face was priceless.

She then told me the story about once being allowed to fire an M-16 once at an organizational day when her husband was in the army.

Ya never know which way it's gonna go until you state your position.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Sticker on the wife's car, state issued NRA tags on my Blazer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes put the sticker on your truck your a texan.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#26]
People don't road rage or drive all nuts around me anymore.....kidding
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Put the sticker on the truck.....then join the Texas State Rifle Assoc. and get a cool set of TSRA plates.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Screw the sticker! Get the real deal...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049535.jpg[/img]

C4
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got them on my doors of my house for crime deterrance.
View Quote

Crook: "Hey lookie here! Let's come back when they're at work..."
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:50:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Display it proudly...

Of course you should put it on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought they were mandatory in Texas, sort of like the inspection stickers.
All kidding aside, you are blessed to live in a free state, wear it with pride!

Edited because: stikers, just wasn't right.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#32]
HELL YES! I have an NRA sticker on my wife's car even. Actually it's her membership for that one, but I have NRA PLATES on my truck as well as the sticker. Never hada problem, and people hardly ever tailgate me anymore!LOL Do it man, let your opinions be known. EVEN IF YOU'RE IN SEATTLE! F**k those liberal bastards.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Amen Pony-Driver! I rarely get tailgated with my license plate....

C4
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just like Grateful Dead stickers.

Put it on anyway.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't let anyone scare you away from being proud to be an NRA member.  That sticker does not provide reasonable probable cause for anything.  I am not afraid to demonstrate my support. I've got an NRA sticker, an IDPA sticker, and a Sig Sauer sticker on my truck (have for years), and I've never been keyed, broken into, or searched because of it.  A pickup just looks wrong without one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I never used to put any stickers on my vehicles because: 1) I never kept 'em long and didn't want to disagree with prospective buyers [;)], 2) I didn't want to invite vandalism by chickenshits that didn't agree with my stickered view but were too cowardly to wait for *me* to mouth off and 3) I didn't want potential bad guys to mark me as "the gun guy".

Then came the Clinton years. Now, I don't give a damn about anything except letting as many people as possible know that the average, clean-cut, reasonably fit, non-DUI, non-wife-beating guy who *isn't* wearing a frigging coonskin cap, hole-y flannel shirt, photographer's vest (covering) a barely-concealed hogleg and untied workboots (on the wrong feet) *is* a gun owner.

Get out there and show the colors, dammit! We've got a PR war to win!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Put it on.  I've got the NRA sticker on one side of the rear window of my Explorer, a U.S. flag in the middle, and an Il. State Rifle Assn. sticker on the other side.  Put it on, wear it proudly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Cit...

I'd get an RKBA sticker like DVDTracker has.  I just put one on my new car.  

I really want to get an ARFCOM license plate frame... Are these still available somewhere?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#39]
ok guys! Sticker goes on today...sometime later the ARFCOM lisense plate thing goes on too!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#40]
yes.

but why stop there?  i also have two bushmaster stickers on my truck.

curiously enough, probably being texas, these didnt stop anybody from tailgating me, as previously mentioned.  what truly, truly, truly has stopped anybody riding my ass is the 16" bushy in the new gunrack back there.  and yes, it has drawn some looks, but mostly from guys in equally large trucks drooling over it like children.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Everytime I get one I put in somewhere so that it can be seen on my vehicle. I do enjoy pulling up next to someone who has one as well and giving each other a little way!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Put it on!!!!
I get lots of thumbs up from the old guys.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Got it on there right next to my GOA stickers. I then took it to the local Treehugging Lefties book store to get some appropriately libertarian bumper stickers (it's Austin, go figure) to put on the other side of the bumpers... "Vote Third Party", "Lessons of History.." etc.

It confuses the hell out of some people, which is of course the desired effect.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#45]
The NRA sticker was first. This sticker is goign to be second:

[img]http://www.americanhonor.net/pisser2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Put it on!

Ihave mine and IN state rifle & pistol and IN Sherrif Assoc.

Thinking 'bout getting an IBTL sticker too!

Then they will know who I am!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I voted no. I am a Life Member, and support the NRA. I don't want the sticker on my vehicle for 2 reasons. It indicates that there is a pretty good reason to expect that there is a gun in the vehicle to 1-Criminals & 2-Cops. I don't want to make my vehicle more likely than another to be broken into in a parking lot and I don't want a cop stoping me for speeding to have any extra reason to hassle me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I voted with the third option: you just want to brag about your new truck.  Where are the pictures?

put the sticker on

I have only had one mass state trooper say something about the [url=www.goal.org]GOAL[/url] sticker on my rear window.  He was upset 'cause I didn't tell him that there was a firearm in the car.  When I asked him what made him think there was he said it was because of the stickers and the targets on the front seat, [rolleyes] shot placement envy much.

Other than that I have never had a problem with police, then again I have only been pulled over twice with my current car in the past two years.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#49]
I can't beleive there is any doubt.  Put it on. Wear it proudly.
I 've got the NRA sticker right next to the GO-NH sticker,  complimented by the RKBA sticker, all on the back wind shield.  
What kind of a wuss says:, I'll defend my rights with my honor, with my life, with everything i have.  I just don't want anyone to key my poor car.
(oh, poo-poo, get over it)

I for one am not above sticking pro-gun bumper-stickers on the volvos and saabs, etc i see with anti's on.  They usually have so many stickers from NEA shit to pro-choice shit they never even notice one more.  I draw the line at actual destruction, though, that's just not cool.

As for probable cause- the (bad)cops lie anyway and use any f'ing excuse they want to harras you.  Again- Get over it, its life.  At least when they  think you have a gun they're respectful,  and usually (the cool ones)think its neat and compliment me on it/them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#50]
"Probable Cause" sticker???!!! I agree totally. I have probable cause to believe the owner of the truck is a member of the NRA...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top