Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 2:31:28 PM EDT
Can someone please direct me to the website detailing that AR that was scratch built with aluminum plate and some cap screws please...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.atf.treas.gov/[/url]

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
HUH??

I mean that home built ar that was made from a 5 dollar scap of aluminum plate and some rare earth magnets!

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Stormbringer2, take a look in the information exchange forum over at [url]www.roderuscustom.tzo.com[/url].  I believe that the entire blueprints are in one zip file for download.  

Found it, [url]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3ef8dafb0450ffff;act=ST;f=14;t=194[/url]

Edited for url update.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Google.com is an amazing place

[url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=AR+that+was+scratch+built+with+aluminum+plate+and+some+cap+screws+please&btnG=Google+Search[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats the ticket!

Thanks!

It seems that the Canadian Government has now decided that we should register our 80% frames...

In their words as soon as you start a project with the INTENT to make a gun.....its a gun.

I would like to take a scrap of aluminum and put a serial number on it....

BINGO!!  Instant AR15!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure what you are getting at with your response. Care to explain?

Bob
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Bob
View Quote

Sanguine doesnt realize that its legal for an individual to a build a gun if it is for personal use and not for resale.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this is what you are looking for. This is his website:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/elmgrove1765/[/url]

Or if you'd prefer to download it in PDF format, you can get it at:

[url]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/iB_html/uploads/post-14-45765-AR_15_Scratch_Built_Receiver.pdf[/url]

As for Sanguine's suggestion, either he was trying to be funny and needs to work harder at it, or he is just ignorant and thinks its illegal. In either case, ignore him.

(I also don't think that calling the ATF on a Canadian resident is going to do much good anyways.)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
rodercustom has a some naughty blueprints in their forums....
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
HEy Sanguine,

WTF does the ATF have to do with Canada?

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thats the ticket!

Thanks!

It seems that the Canadian Government has now decided that we should register our 80% frames...

In their words as soon as you start a project with the INTENT to make a gun.....its a gun.

I would like to take a scrap of aluminum and put a serial number on it....

BINGO!!  Instant AR15!!
View Quote

You guys could have a lot of fun with this. If everyone took 10,20,30 etc pieces of metal, put a serial number on them and registered them, it might cause the govt a few problems...!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow arent you cool.

Maybe you should do some reading on that site before you post something stupid.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Bob
View Quote

Sanguine doesnt realize that its legal for an individual to a build a gun if it is for personal use and not for resale.
View Quote

He also does not realize that I am Canadian and have different stupid laws to keep up with!

I just have to find out if there is a amnesty in place and when it ends..

Then as suggested above I am going to register 100 or so AR15 lowers!

If the amnesty is not in place it would cost me $25 per lower to register...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top