Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 8:56:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Bottom line tell him that you heard he's talking all this shit and you're not putting up with it.  Maybe the thought of him being fired(since he has kids and such) will straighten him out.  I would be kissing your ass if you bailed me out and helped with some shifts so I could spend time with the kids(if that's what he's really doing, I commend that at least).  I had a friend who would act sick at least once a week so I know where you're coming from sorta.  You sound like a stand up guy, and best advice I have is to confront the little prick.  Good luck brother!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Threaten to beat his ass if you find out he is spreading any more lies about you!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
there is only one solution:

purposely sabotage his life with incriminating evidence that without your testimony he would look guilty as hell. (i.e. a letter stashed in his papers that details a torrid affiar he is having with a married woman on a business trip in Kansas.) Making sure that you are the only one who was with him at the time said incindent and that YOU would be the only one to save his ass.  then let him know that if he continues to talk about you, you will NOT back him up...

that way he never knows if it was you who planted the evidence, but he sure will know not to cross you.

oh...
wait...
i need to stop reading revenge novels.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a coworker like that, and me and 2 other guys got the walking papers because of this pos that said he could do everything by himself.

2 weeks later, they had to hire 2 more people to replace all of us but the manager.

Oh they had made him the new manager for about that 2 weeks.......

CYA bro beer slayer!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I will go the other direction. DON'T confront him. He plays the corporate game, so you must be wary of him. Confronting him can only hurty you. Tou must also work the system so that your numbers are BETTER than his.

Instead, just always be unable to cover for him. Have "good" reasons. Take sick time yourself, so that he has to cover for you. If he missed his free perks from you, he will try to curry your favor. You then have the upper hand.

Either way, I'd stop carrying his water.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For 6 years i have been fixing customer accounts he has been tossed out of, running my ass off working after hours because he refuses to answer his phone after 5pm, running the roads all over the state covering his calls so he can take his kids to the doctor, get his car fixed or whatever today's excuse is.
View Quote

Quit doing that.  Let the idiot fall behind and hang himself.  When he's not there start asking people "where's jack off?".  After 5PM tell his callers he's there, put them on hold, and tell jackass he's got a call.

Rearanging my schedule so he can have certain holidays off to take the kids to DISNEY and countless other crap. Lets not even count the number days a year he is out sick when he wakes up with a runny nose.
View Quote

You're perpetuating the problem here.  Again knock that shit off.   Again, ASK where the f*** is jack off when he's not around.

My main problem is our manager won't get involved as his "numbers" are decent.
View Quote

Why aren't you worried about your numbers.  Sounds like you funnel your into his.  Get the two separated, and let the little fag prove his own worth.

Short of choking the life out of this useless lump of shit and going to jail does anyone have any good suggestions. My only saving grace is everyone that he talked to knows he is full of shit and running off at the mouth.
View Quote

Time to take out some of that agression on either the job you got at hand, or bust some rounds at the range.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike -

DO NOT try to out-POS this POS. Yer too nice a guy, and he'll smoke ya.

I would stop bailing him out tho.

DO it gradually, his numbers will sink gradually, your manager will bust him, and then you can proceed from there, however it seems best.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Order a subscription of playgirl. Have it sent to him in the office.

Order sex toys, have them delivered to him in "discreetly marked" packages,... at work.

Never mind! That's awful! NEVER do something like that!

It's someone's quote, but I'll say it: Never send a ferret to do a weasel's job!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will go the other direction. DON'T confront him. He plays the corporate game, so you must be wary of him. Confronting him can only hurty you. Tou must also work the system so that your numbers are BETTER than his.

Instead, just always be unable to cover for him. Have "good" reasons. Take sick time yourself, so that he has to cover for you. If he missed his free perks from you, he will try to curry your favor. You then have the upper hand.

Either way, I'd stop carrying his water.
View Quote

This is good advice- I'd do it like this, acc. to the info you've provided for us, Beer_Slayer. But tread carefully- without a job, it's a real jungle out there, even worse than it usually is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Mike I would go with what the buzzkeeper and grandamn said!  Just tell him I liked you before and things have come about that have made me think less of you,not sure if it can work out but like child support and weekend visitation lets give it a try!

And that we will try and work it out for the benefit of the child(company)in question!

If he is too dense for that then you will just have to kill him!(JK)  ignore him and those in power and the clients he deals with will eventually fiqure it out!

Just let him know that you were born at night,just not last night! And that you are on to him!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Next time he ask for a favor tell him: sorry I can't, I am to busy catching up on all the work I never do.

It will get him thinking about what the comment means, and if he knows, he will know that he has been caught talking shit. If he does not know do not tell him, he will eventually figure it out.

Sean
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Get his name to DonR and let nature take it's course[:D][:D][:D]!!

Karl
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Advise needed ... Douchebag Coworker

mike

View Quote

Tis easy, invite your coworker for a FISHING TRIP!!

Items to bring:
Boat and motor
life jacket that you wear!!
concrete blocks
rope, plenty of rope
[s]coworker[/s] fish thumper
ahh, hell, you get the idea.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Let him hang himself.

Stop facilitating his BS!

If all else fails, confront & threaten him w/ extreme prejudice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top