Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 6:35:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I read that artical when I was waiting on my haricut on friday.  They ripped the concept.  The Idea is to protect cops from being shot with their own weapons and they are the one's exempt.  PM shot holes in EVERY major argument the proponents have.  Sounds like I need to re-new my subscrpition to PM.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I read that article a little while ago too.  I was suprised that they ripped on it that badly.  Hopefully this will open a few more eyes to the doomed "smart gun" concept.  I was also suprised that they pointed out the law in New Jersey and how it could be manipulated.  My favorite part of the article:
The cops protecting the New Jersey governor won't accept an 80 precent reliability factor.  But the governor, by supporting this law, is saying that 80 percent is good enough for the home-owner trying to protect his family from an armed intruder.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I did read the article as I subscribe and the folks at PM have an article about firearms quite often.  In fact, they accept firearms advertisements also, most notably from Ruger.  There are a lot of pro-gun people at that magazine and they seem to get some negative emails/letters about it and the fact that they have women in swimsuits in their boat/motor articles.

If I remember correctly, they also had an article about cowboy guns recently.  Some others too, but I can't remember what they were about right now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You are right Lazyshooter, they do have a few articles on guns now and then.  Some of the letters they get from the nutjobs over allowing firearm ads and the pro-gun articles can be funny at times.  The editor usually has some witty remark or comeback for them as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top