Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 8:21:59 PM EDT
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14050[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I was talking to a cashier in the store a while back and she started going on about how her sister was forced to go over there and how wrong it was because she only joined for the college money.

Made me want to cry.
Not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
HAHAHAHAHA!

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
After a decade of a baby boomer in the White House- what else did you expect? People got used to having it easy. Guess everybody forgot the go-go Eighties and the big economic let-down of 1990-1991? Dumbasses....
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
i posted this about a week ago....it was a joke by the way, nothign to get worked up over
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Guess they joined for the free dental!....he he he....  The poor bastids!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's funny myself...

now the crying shame is the guys pulled to AD to stand around in airports, post 9/11. I heard many f'd up stories from them (in person @ the airport)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Well as a Reservist who went from Aug 26 90 to July 17th including Aug 28 to July 3 overseas the last time, I can somewhat sympathize especially since the command that had us requested us and specifically didn't call anybody from the 3 units supposed to support them.  They kept a few guys even longer.

Then again anybody in the Guard/Reserve now that doesn't realize they can go for a long time is deluding themselves.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now, I'm not military, nor have I ever been...

But cry me a fucking river!  This is like the Marines that said they never thought they'd have to shoot someone.  WHAT THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THE MARINES, ARMY, NAVY, AIRFORCE, AND RESERVES DO?!?!?!?

Ugh.
View Quote

That's just soldier humor.  They may hate it there, but they're more than willing to do their job.  Finding creative ways to bitch is more of an art form/stress release than any true gripe.  The only time you start worrying is when a soldier STOPS complaining.

Personally, I found that sign very, very funny.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Damm funny, I am sure it was not meant to promote anything but a smile.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just soldier humor.  They may hate it there, but they're more than willing to do their job.  Finding creative ways to bitch is more of an art form/stress release than any true gripe.  The only time you start worrying is when a soldier STOPS complaining.

View Quote

EXACTLY!  I too found it a riot.  Looks like something me or my men would have done (and we were RA).
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#13]
SJSAMPLE has it correct.  It has been the soldier's right since Roman times to bitch and moan about anything and everything.  The fact that their bitching has some basis in truth is not relevent. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SJSAMPLE has it correct.  It has been the soldier's right since Roman times to bitch and moan about anything and everything.  The fact that their bitching has some basis in truth is not relevent. [:D]
View Quote

According to many here, unless your frontline combat army or marine you dont have that right.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But cry me a fucking river!  This is like the Marines that said they never thought they'd have to shoot someone.  WHAT THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THE MARINES, ARMY, NAVY, AIRFORCE, AND RESERVES DO?!?!?!?

Ugh.
View Quote

View Quote

American troops in all wars have had a sense of humor.

Anyone who's worked in an Emergency room, can tell you all about it. Humor, helps us deal with things when we may not want to...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#18]
But But my Recruiter told me....
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought it was funny too [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

According to many here, unless your frontline combat army or marine you dont have that right.
View Quote

They're wrong. All soldiers (and sailors, airmen and marines - well, maybe not airmen) have that right.  The US military fights with beans, bullets and fuel and would grind to a halt without our support trains.  I was Arty and thanked got we always got all three.  I spend my last few years in support units and watched the logistics boys, particularly transportation, WORK THEIR ASSES OFF, 24/7.  Some guys get more BRAGGING rights, that's all.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#21]
On the back of the last letter I got from my daughter in Iraq she says(send canned air so I can clean my 16)!

It probably depends on how deeply you are envolved in this little(between school war)!
Oh yeah Poppy says HI!

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top